Russian Bear awakens from Long hibernation.Needs countries to consume.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We see again now in Ossetia,Georgia the Russian Army on the prowl once more
on the global Chess board we call Earth. Russia says it is only protecting Russian citizens in Ossetia. America must be carefull, not to be to critical,while still being engaged in Iraq. Many may say that America has an unfair double standard , with regards to the invasion of "sovereign" countries in the World.

Euroupe, and America needs Russian Oil, and natural gas.So we have to be carefull with regards to what we say about the Russian bear today.

on the global Chess board we call Earth. Russia says it is only protecting Russian citizens in Ossetia. America must be carefull, not to be to critical,while still being engaged in Iraq. Many may say that America has an unfair double standard , with regards to the invasion of "sovereign" countries in the World.

Euroupe, and America needs Russian Oil, and natural gas.So we have to be carefull with regards to what we say about the Russian bear today.

America doesn't have enough citizens who believe in military intervention to even bother.

[youtube]cTt9qN_iteo[/youtube]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTt9qN_iteo]YouTube - Georgia - McCain: Russia should withdraw[/ame]

I was fortunate enough to listen to that before anyone had a chance to spin it one way or another. It was pretty refreshing. My first assessment was---Why are you telling me this-- ( I know, I know-- running for president) I mean tell George or whoever it is that does crap like that.
Second assessment was that he thinks a bunch of countries and organizations should tell Russia to stop it. I guess that means he would try diplomacy before bombing the hell out of Moscow.
Third assesment--he outta do his press confernce someplace other than the airport tarmac but I guess he couldn't show off his plane if he did that.

The U.S. would do well to stay out of this conflict. IMO. This is an ongoing regional conflict, and sticking our nose into a dispute between Russia and Georgia isn't something that will help our negotiations on the missle defense system we seem hell bent on parading in the Russians faces.

Georgia took a knife to a gunfight knowing full well the Russians were prepared and perhaps even looking forward to a confrontation as a way to put Georgia in it's place. Other than a bit of lip service, which seems to be the only weapon at our disposal for the time being, we should let our NATO partners handle this one.

Forum List

Back