Russia gains air superiority over usa on obama's watch!!!

Rdean you're my hero for spouting shit.

Just trying to live up to your stellar reputation, but alas, my shit will never stink as much as yours.

...but I can dream. Till then though... have a keetom.

funny-pictures-happycat-is-sad1.jpg

PS... we haven't made any movies yet dreaming of his assassination yet. Ponder that, if you are able.

You should be investigated. You are as sick as they come.

sick+puppy.jpg
and typically, you missed the point

Some things don't deserve a point.

You are not part of the solution. You ARE the problem.

:anj_stfu:

You mean forwarding the cause of global fascism? Correct. I am it's fervent enemy.

Some things don't deserve a point.

Correct, you are quite pointless.

I do find it interesting you want to gulag me for daring to criticize your god.

Last edited:
What makes the F-35 such an attractive option is the ASEA Radar or the AN/APG 81 which basically gives the aviator long range situational awareness and is married to a DAS system which is in effect a helmet mounted Aperture system that allows the aviator rapid information on his surroundings in the battlespace. Now having said all that, the F-35 itself is more or less an average aircraft performance wise but am speaking only on opinion here in the performance envelope vs. a F-16IN. If you really want to know an interesting story look up the history of the F-16XL which was a delta wing aircraft that General Dynamics built that achieved "super cruise" long before the F-22.

like the F-16 Fighting Falcon base model, the F-16XL was designed as a very different aircraft. The F-16XL was a conversion model development designed to study the effects of laminar airflow at supersonic speeds along with research into the causes and effects of sonic booms. Two such models were conceived with S/N 75-0749 being the single-seat aircraft and S/N 75-0747 as the twin-seat version.
General Dynamics F-16XL - History, Specifications and Pictures - Military Aircraft
F-16xl.jpg

I am a stong advocate for giving the warfighter the best tools for the dollar. If you consider that the F-35 is an average aircraft with the exception of the SVTOL version for the UK and Marine Corps, and the fact that the F-16IN has the same features of the F-22 and the Radar of the F-35 with better performace and is 2/3rds the cost you begin to see why the DoD is often accused of spending money in an unwise manner.

I also said this story reminds me a lot of the F-111 and it's inttial thought process of "one size fits all" and how the Navys experience with that aircraft was a very bad one which led to the F-14. I thought I might post a link to that story as well. See if this sounds familier when it comes to the F-35 and it seems at least in my opinion that sometimes the DoD refuses to learn its lesson.

Variants
FB-111
EF-111A Raven
Specifications

F-111 Images

EF-111 Raven Images
Sources and Resources

The F-111 was a multipurpose tactical fighter bomber capable of supersonic speeds. The aircraft was one of the more controversial aircraft ever to fly, yet it achieved one of the safest operational records of any aircraft in USAF history and became a highly effective all-weather interdiction aircraft. As a result of a poorly thought-out development specification, both the Navy and Air Force had become committed, much against their will, to a civilian-inspired "Tactical Fighter Experimental" (TFX) program. This called for developing a single aircraft-the F-111-to fulfill a Navy fleet-defense interceptor requirement and an Air Force supersonic strike aircraft requirement. In retrospect, this was impossible to achieve, especially since planners placed priority upon the Air Force requirement, and then tried to tailor this heavy landplane to the constraints of carrier-based naval operations. The naval aircraft, the F-111B, was never placed in production. The Air Force aircraft, which was produced in a variety of models, including the F-111A, F-11D, F-11E, and F-11F, as well as an FB-111A strategic bomber version, had numerous problems, and only the F-111F actually fulfilled the original TFX design specification. This was less the fault of General Dynamics than of the civilian planners in the Pentagon whose "cost effective" inclinations ironically produced the major aeronautical fiasco of the 1960s-and a costly one at that.
Federation of American Scientists :: F-111

Now as for the F-22 itself , my contention is very simple when it comes to this aircraft, it is a PROVEN aircraft in terms of operation and what it can and cannot do. It is obvious that this aircraft is the BEST air superiority fighter aircraft in the world today. It has yet to prove itself in combat , but it's time will no dount be soon. If it even comes close to the aircraft that it was meant to replace the F-15 Eagle it will be WELL WORTH every dime spent on it. To state that Russia has achieved air superiority over the United States with the TA-50 is a big stretch , however it does show that nations like Russia and China fully intend to develop a 5th generation fighter to counter the F-22, so the argument that its a cold war relic are mute. Now having said all that, I have come to think that the F-22 having been built as a harmony platform along with the F-35 perhaps the F-35 or the F-16IN would be a good fit for the USAF , but I'm increasingly convinced that the F-15SE is a good cross over aircraft that fills the CAS roll along side the F-16IN very well when used with the F-22 and would save the nation billions upon billions of dollars as well as deliver to the warfighter airframes that pack a punch that will keep US Military Aviation at the front of air power. This is basically how I woud see it.

USAF

F-22 - Air Superiority
F-15SE- duel roll Air Superiority and CAS ( Close Air Support)
F-16IN - duel roll Close Air Support and Air Superiority

* the bottom 2 can replace existing F-15's , A-10's, and F-16's

USN

F-18 E/F Air Superiority
F-16IN CAS (Close Air Support)
EA-18 Electronic Warfare

* now you can of course replace the F-16IN with the F15SE but IMHO I think the F16 is a better fit for the mission, this accomplishes the same purpose as the F-35 as it has a common airframe between the services and allows them to taylor it to the mission at hand.

USMC

F-18 E/F Air Superiority
F-35B STVOL (Close Air Support)

* Basically the USMC is the only place where the F-35 is a real fit for the mission to relapce the AV-8B.

What makes the F-35 such an attractive option is the ASEA Radar or the AN/APG 81 which basically gives the aviator long range situational awareness and is married to a DAS system which is in effect a helmet mounted Aperture system that allows the aviator rapid information on his surroundings in the battlespace. Now having said all that, the F-35 itself is more or less an average aircraft performance wise but am speaking only on opinion here in the performance envelope vs. a F-16IN. If you really want to know an interesting story look up the history of the F-16XL which was a delta wing aircraft that General Dynamics built that achieved "super cruise" long before the F-22.

like the F-16 Fighting Falcon base model, the F-16XL was designed as a very different aircraft. The F-16XL was a conversion model development designed to study the effects of laminar airflow at supersonic speeds along with research into the causes and effects of sonic booms. Two such models were conceived with S/N 75-0749 being the single-seat aircraft and S/N 75-0747 as the twin-seat version.
General Dynamics F-16XL - History, Specifications and Pictures - Military Aircraft
F-16xl.jpg

I am a stong advocate for giving the warfighter the best tools for the dollar. If you consider that the F-35 is an average aircraft with the exception of the SVTOL version for the UK and Marine Corps, and the fact that the F-16IN has the same features of the F-22 and the Radar of the F-35 with better performace and is 2/3rds the cost you begin to see why the DoD is often accused of spending money in an unwise manner.

I also said this story reminds me a lot of the F-111 and it's inttial thought process of "one size fits all" and how the Navys experience with that aircraft was a very bad one which led to the F-14. I thought I might post a link to that story as well. See if this sounds familier when it comes to the F-35 and it seems at least in my opinion that sometimes the DoD refuses to learn its lesson.

Variants
FB-111
EF-111A Raven
Specifications

F-111 Images

EF-111 Raven Images
Sources and Resources

The F-111 was a multipurpose tactical fighter bomber capable of supersonic speeds. The aircraft was one of the more controversial aircraft ever to fly, yet it achieved one of the safest operational records of any aircraft in USAF history and became a highly effective all-weather interdiction aircraft. As a result of a poorly thought-out development specification, both the Navy and Air Force had become committed, much against their will, to a civilian-inspired "Tactical Fighter Experimental" (TFX) program. This called for developing a single aircraft-the F-111-to fulfill a Navy fleet-defense interceptor requirement and an Air Force supersonic strike aircraft requirement. In retrospect, this was impossible to achieve, especially since planners placed priority upon the Air Force requirement, and then tried to tailor this heavy landplane to the constraints of carrier-based naval operations. The naval aircraft, the F-111B, was never placed in production. The Air Force aircraft, which was produced in a variety of models, including the F-111A, F-11D, F-11E, and F-11F, as well as an FB-111A strategic bomber version, had numerous problems, and only the F-111F actually fulfilled the original TFX design specification. This was less the fault of General Dynamics than of the civilian planners in the Pentagon whose "cost effective" inclinations ironically produced the major aeronautical fiasco of the 1960s-and a costly one at that.

Now as for the F-22 itself , my contention is very simple when it comes to this aircraft, it is a PROVEN aircraft in terms of operation and what it can and cannot do. It is obvious that this aircraft is the BEST air superiority fighter aircraft in the world today. It has yet to prove itself in combat , but it's time will no dount be soon. If it even comes close to the aircraft that it was meant to replace the F-15 Eagle it will be WELL WORTH every dime spent on it. To state that Russia has achieved air superiority over the United States with the TA-50 is a big stretch , however it does show that nations like Russia and China fully intend to develop a 5th generation fighter to counter the F-22, so the argument that its a cold war relic are mute. Now having said all that, I have come to think that the F-22 having been built as a harmony platform along with the F-35 perhaps the F-35 or the F-16IN would be a good fit for the USAF , but I'm increasingly convinced that the F-15SE is a good cross over aircraft that fills the CAS roll along side the F-16IN very well when used with the F-22 and would save the nation billions upon billions of dollars as well as deliver to the warfighter airframes that pack a punch that will keep US Military Aviation at the front of air power. This is basically how I woud see it.

USAF

F-22 - Air Superiority

USN

F-18 E/F Air Superiority
EA-18 Electronic Warfare

* now you can of course replace the F-16IN with the F15SE but IMHO I think the F16 is a better fit for the mission, this accomplishes the same purpose as the F-35 as it has a common airframe between the services and allows them to taylor it to the mission at hand.

USMC

F-18 E/F Air Superiority

* Basically the USMC is the only place where the F-35 is a real fit for the mission to relapce the AV-8B.
I remmeber how badly they panned the F-18 (which BTW was real.ly the Northrup YF-17, the plane that lost to the F-16).
Y/F 17
YF-17_Cobra_4.jpg

F-18
f18_32.jpg

As the years went by they kept upgrading teh F 18 until it became an outstanding weapons sytem.

The F-35 may not be a raptor, but it could turn out well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdPDlbrN21o]YouTube - Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov[/ame]
Russian Aircraft Carrier

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGjxo0XyH0]YouTube - Rafale on the French aircraft carrier[/ame]
French Aircraft Carrier

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NM610D4HIA&feature=related]YouTube - India's Aircraft Carrier INS Vikramaditya is being built in Russia - Part 3[/ame]
Indias Aircraft Carrier

No ither nation has them hmm.. okay. will let that one pass.

F-16xl.jpg

Variants
FB-111
EF-111A Raven
Specifications

F-111 Images

EF-111 Raven Images
Sources and Resources

USAF

F-22 - Air Superiority

USN

F-18 E/F Air Superiority
EA-18 Electronic Warfare

USMC

F-18 E/F Air Superiority

I remmeber how badly they panned the F-18 (which BTW was real.ly the Northrup YF-17, the plane that lost to the F-16).
Y/F 17
YF-17_Cobra_4.jpg

F-18
f18_32.jpg

As the years went by they kept upgrading teh F 18 until it became an outstanding weapons sytem.

The F-35 may not be a raptor, but it could turn out well.

Very different competetion and very different situation that resulted in that selection, which by the way as an Air Force competetion in which the F-16 won and the YF-17 lost. The US Navy later revised the aircraft to replace the A-6 and the A-7. The F-18 is avery good aircraft but the F/A 18 is also getting old and in need of replacement. I would not dream of putting the F-22 against the F-35 as that would be unfair. However what I am suggesting is that this one size fits all, especially on the F-35 which is a average aircraft at best and will be in several flight evelopes exceeded by aircraft that we will be exporting to other nations at less than what the F-35 costs should make the DoD take notice.

Very different competetion and very different situation that resulted in that selection, which by the way as an Air Force competetion in which the F-16 won and the YF-17 lost. The US Navy later revised the aircraft to replace the A-6 and the A-7. The F-18 is avery good aircraft but the F/A 18 is also getting old and in need of replacement. I would not dream of putting the F-22 against the F-35 as that would be unfair. However what I am suggesting is that this one size fits all, especially on the F-35 which is a average aircraft at best and will be in several flight evelopes exceeded by aircraft that we will be exporting to other nations at less than what the F-35 costs should make the DoD take notice.
The likelyhood of air-air combat is almost nil these days, air superiority just isn't considered important.

Multi-role is now the new 'god' in aircraft procurment.

The likelyhood of air-air combat is almost nil these days, air superiority just isn't considered important.

You know I heard that very same thing during the development phase of the F-4 Phantom and how there was no need for a "gun" as ACM was a thing of the past. Then a few years later as our aircraft F-105's and F-4's were getting their backsides handed to them by MIGs the lightbulb went on again. As for no need for air superiority I am just going tp point out the following.

Strike Eagles conducted attacks against Serbian targets with LGBs and EOGBs in 1994 and 1995. In the spring of 1999, events reached a climax with the NATO air campaign against what was left of Yugoslavia over Serbian actions against Kosovo. Strike Eagles were heavily involved with attacks against Yugoslav forces, and F-15Cs scored four kills against MiG-29s. Captain Mike Shower and Lieutenant Colonel Cesar Rodriguez (who already had two kills against Iraqi aircraft to his name) each shot down a MiG-29 using the AMRAAM on 24 March 1999; and Captain Jeff Hwang shot down two more MiG-29s in a single engagement on 26 March, also using AMRAAM.
[2.0] F-15 In Service

This so called multi-role will do mentality will end up costing lives. I invite you to take a look a the performance of multi-role F/A18's and F-16's against German MIG-29's in Red October exercises which is a stark illustration of this. The MIG-29 is a terrible aircraft agianst the F-15 and the F-18 E/F both of which are air superiority fighter the F-15 more so, however agianst these true multi-role aircraft that lack BVR capability and good ACM capability they lose on a regular basis as was seen in combat sims with the same aircraft against the F-35 which is a 5th generation aircraft. In short while I do think the F/A 18 is an exceptional aircraft in the ground attack mode , that is mission specific mode which the aircraft should have been designated for i.e. A-18 rather than F/A 18 which it is not very good at and the same holds true for the F-35.

You know I heard that very same thing during the development phase of the F-4 Phantom and how there was no need for a "gun" as ACM was a thing of the past. Then a few years later as our aircraft F-105's and F-4's were getting their backsides handed to them by MIGs the lightbulb went on again. As for no need for air superiority I am just going tp point out the following.

Strike Eagles conducted attacks against Serbian targets with LGBs and EOGBs in 1994 and 1995. In the spring of 1999, events reached a climax with the NATO air campaign against what was left of Yugoslavia over Serbian actions against Kosovo. Strike Eagles were heavily involved with attacks against Yugoslav forces, and F-15Cs scored four kills against MiG-29s. Captain Mike Shower and Lieutenant Colonel Cesar Rodriguez (who already had two kills against Iraqi aircraft to his name) each shot down a MiG-29 using the AMRAAM on 24 March 1999; and Captain Jeff Hwang shot down two more MiG-29s in a single engagement on 26 March, also using AMRAAM.
[2.0] F-15 In Service

This so called multi-role will do mentality will end up costing lives. I invite you to take a look a the performance of multi-role F/A18's and F-16's against German MIG-29's in Red October exercises which is a stark illustration of this. The MIG-29 is a terrible aircraft agianst the F-15 and the F-18 E/F both of which are air superiority fighter the F-15 more so, however agianst these true multi-role aircraft that lack BVR capability and good ACM capability they lose on a regular basis as was seen in combat sims with the same aircraft against the F-35 which is a 5th generation aircraft. In short while I do think the F/A 18 is an exceptional aircraft in the ground attack mode , that is mission specific mode which the aircraft should have been designated for i.e. A-18 rather than F/A 18 which it is not very good at and the same holds true for the F-35.
You mis-understand.

I support the Raptor.

This isn't new, this kind of argumen.

We started WWII with the P-40c, a plane inferior to almost every other power's aircrft in december of 1941.

[2.0] F-15 In Service

You mis-understand.

I support the Raptor.

We started WWII with the P-40c, a plane inferior to almost every other power's aircrft in december of 1941.

No it isnt and has raged for a long time and gerneally what ends up happening is the services end up going their own way. Where I come from on this , is really simple, being a realist the F-22 is over so there will be no more than 187 so be it. However I do think that the F-35 is NOT the best solution for the Navy or the USAF for that matter. I do feel that the F-35 is a good solution for the USMC needs to replace the AV-8B Harrier. If you look at it from a pure capabilites standpoint and cost as well the F-35 falls short in a LOT of catagories and many in the US Navy are questioning this aircraft . I have come to believe that the F-16IN which is NOT your everyday F-16 is a much better solution , in that it ofers attributes of the F-22 and the Radar of the F-35 in an aircraft that has MORE capability than the F-35 for less cost. I tend to question this big focus on stealth technology to the degree that it outwieghs other aspects of the selection process and as has been demonstrated in Kosovo stealth can be defeated and has been demonstrated by the EA-18 even the F-22's stealth can be defeated. So in aviators talk, slap some radar paint on that F-16IN and buy the sucker. LOL

[2.0] F-15 In Service

You mis-understand.

I support the Raptor.

No it isnt and has raged for a long time and gerneally what ends up happening is the services end up going their own way. Where I come from on this , is really simple, being a realist the F-22 is over so there will be no more than 187 so be it. However I do think that the F-35 is NOT the best solution for the Navy or the USAF for that matter. I do feel that the F-35 is a good solution for the USMC needs to replace the AV-8B Harrier. If you look at it from a pure capabilites standpoint and cost as well the F-35 falls short in a LOT of catagories and many in the US Navy are questioning this aircraft . I have come to believe that the F-16IN which is NOT your everyday F-16 is a much better solution , in that it ofers attributes of the F-22 and the Radar of the F-35 in an aircraft that has MORE capability than the F-35 for less cost. I tend to question this big focus on stealth technology to the degree that it outwieghs other aspects of the selection process and as has been demonstrated in Kosovo stealth can be defeated and has been demonstrated by the EA-18 even the F-22's stealth can be defeated. So in aviators talk, slap some radar paint on that F-16IN and buy the sucker. LOL

Peanuts Carter tried to kill the A 10, its still flying.

The F-22 will make a comeback when the political winds shift.

You mis-understand.

I support the Raptor.

Peanuts Carter tried to kill the A 10, its still flying.

The F-22 will make a comeback when the political winds shift.

I tell you what I am for with the F-22 and thats lifting the export restrictions on the aircraft which will keep the line alive in case the USAF wants to revisit the matter. I also have come to believe the one reason why it has not been lifted is because of the investment in the F-35 and the number of nations that would switch. There are customers for the F-22 among them Japan, Australia, and the IAF. Sec. Gates as far back as the Bush Administration hs been no fan of the F-22 and if the line dies, it will be very difficult and VERY costly to bring it back. I think once its done its over with this time as the A-10 is a rather simple aircraft and easy to build vs. the F-22. One of the things that made the A-10 so attractive was the use of so called OTS Off The Shelf technology during its build and design phase. Take a look at the Silent Eagle as well its another export aircraft by Boeing that has a lot of the F-22 built into an upgraded F-15 including stealth with canted tail its a very interesting aircraft. My contention is that DoD never purchases too smartly and often times limits themselves and the military by projects like the F-35.

Hey Navy what kind of carriers are these other countries building? Are they the "Super" Carriers that WE have and are they part of a CARRIER GROUP of highly specialized surface and submerged support vessels? I really doubt that any of them are and the only countries I really think could ever have that type of capability is China or Russia. Don't the French have small aircraft carriers that rely on stolv and helicopters?

I had another question what about the development of new armaments. Are we developing new LONGER RANGE missiles that are MORE likely to score a KILL each time one is launched? What about lighter than air AWACS systems?

Hey Navy what kind of carriers are these other countries building? Are they the "Super" Carriers that WE have and are they part of a CARRIER GROUP of highly specialized surface and submerged support vessels? I really doubt that any of them are and the only countries I really think could ever have that type of capability is China or Russia. Don't the French have small aircraft carriers that rely on stolv and helicopters?

I had another question what about the development of new armaments. Are we developing new LONGER RANGE missiles that are MORE likely to score a KILL each time one is launched? What about lighter than air AWACS systems?

On the Carrier issue, for the most part other nations rely on a mix structure of aircraft types on a medium platform. The so called " jump" platform has become very popular in all aspects including Russian, French, UK, and Indian carrier designs. These for the most part rely on VTOL and a small number of fighter aircraft with the Russians its a Navy version of the MIG-29 or SU-27 and with the French it's Rafales and with the UK its a mix of AV-8's and Eurofighters . On an interesting note though the UK plans to build 2 Queen Elizabeth class Aircraft carriers which are around 65,000 tons each with conventional flight decks , while not as large as the Nimitz class they will have plenty of capability if the plan for the F-35 comes into being. As for the Chinese not too long ago they purchased a Russian Super Carrier Varyag which was not finished but from all reads it appears that the Chinese are more or less going with the same model of a medium size carrier of around the 40,000 ton classs and plan to have several in service by the beginning of 2020. It appears that the purchase of the former carrier at least for them was a learning experience as they had not experience in carrier operations. Now as for how those nations configure a battle group, for the most part they are all somewhat the same in that while they may not have the size of an American Carrier Battle Group the principle is the same in that support ships are there to provide long range and short range air cover as well as undersea cover support for the battle group. From a projection standpoint other nations have no where near the capability to force project as your standard American Carrier Battle Group in terms of overall firepower and air capability. Whats interesting though we have not stopped in our carrier development as the last Nimitz class carrier the George H.W. Bush has been completed and now the follow on to that will be an entire new class Gerald R. Ford class what will offer Electromagnetic Aircraft Launching System rather than conventional steam and the Island will be pushed back so that it is easily distingushed from the Nimitz class. This new carrier will replace the USS Enterprise which will by the time its replaced been in service for over 50 years.

UK Carrier Strike Group
UK Carrier Strike Group Chief of Staff : Commander United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group (COMUKCSG) : COMUKMARFOR : Fleet Battle Staff : Navy Command Headquarters : The RN Today : Training and People : Royal Navy

Russian Aircraft Carrier development
A Brief Look at Russian Aircraft Carrier Development

China Aircraft Carriers
Aircraft Carrier Project - People's Liberation Army Navy

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/Eurofighter_Typhoon.jpg
Royal Navy Eurofighter

russian_navy.jpg

Russian Navy Su-27

la_projection_de_puissance.jpg

French Navy Rafale

Hopefully this gives you some idea of the current situation and perhaps shows that US Navy Carrier capabilites are very much the best in the world , however that does not mean other nations do not have the ability to project power from the sea. As to your other question I will answer it another post.

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Russian air superiority? You still trying that Cold War Bullshit? There is no country on earth that is close to what we have now....NONE! and thats with our existing airframes

thanx RW.....so true....i was reading what a guy from Janes magazine was saying about all the latest fighters in the world......there is nothing....and he repeated....there is no plane anywhere on this planet that is in the same league with the F-22....and it should be that way for quite a while.....and this guy by the way was a German military guy....

Last edited:
We're not building F-18 Hornets, F-16 Falcons, or F-15 Eagles if that's what you're thinking. Hell, the B-52 was supposed to be gone 10 years ago, but they're still flying. Our military force is becoming like our Navy was at the start of WW2, Mothball relics and obsolete antiques.

SO of course P-BO wants to shut down their replacements. He probably dreams of the day China or Russia invade so he can quickly surrender.

Do you guys have to sit and dream up that nonsense, or does it just "pop" into your tiny and frightened heads? What a thing to say about a sitting president.:ahole-1:

i gotta agree with ya Dean.....i dont think the prez hopes that will happen either....and China has already invaded us....economically....

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Russian air superiority? You still trying that Cold War Bullshit? There is no country on earth that is close to what we have now....NONE! and thats with our existing airframes

thanx RW.....so true....i was reading what a guy from Janes magazine was saying about all the latest fighters in the world......there is nothing....and he repeated....there is no plane anywhere on this planet that is in the same league with the F-22....and it should be that way for quite a while.....and this guy by the way was a German military guy....if Navy see's this thread i hope he comments he has looked into this pretty good....

I've tried to stay away from being this big cheerleader for the F-22, LOL The reason why is simple because it seems I keep banging my head against the wall. I've posted in this thread a few times here and there on various aspects of this debate. The F-22 is unmatched in terms of it's capabilites by any aircraft in the world and to date the only aircraft to have scored a simulated kill on the F-22 is an EA-18 with an OTH Missile shot. It's record against the F-15 in simulated combat is perfect. I have become somewhat of a realist on the issue lately and while I would love to see this aircraft become the standard for the USAF, I'm very aware that DoD and I don't see eye to eye on that. DoD has committed itself to the F-35 but I have Harry in this thread made a few comments on some aircraft that have caught my eye recently knowing that the F-22 is at an end. Now, does the TA-50 spell the end of American Air Superiority , absolutly NOT. The TA-50 as rightly pointed out is a proto-type and all it shows it that Sec. Gates contention that the F-22 is a relic is somewhat overblown as both Russia and China seem to be very much in the develompemt of something to match its capabilites. I am in favor of lifting the export ban on the F-22 because this has no downside for our nation. If you think about in terms of sheer good will, air power, security and jobs its a win win. The software can be tweaked like all exports to match the buyer. What this will also do is keep the line open in case the USAF needs spares or woud like to purchase additional aircraft in the future.

For anyone who doesn't believe how far superior we are in terms of weaponry, etc then the rest of the world then I recommend the following book:

How To Make War by James F. Dunnigan. The book has so much depth and makes a good case I think as to why it would take us doing nothing and the Russians many years to even catch up to us. And China isn't that better off than Russia.

I think people often forget that the Soviet Union only collapsed twenty years ago as of next year. They can't even get ahold of their drinking problem as a nation, and we're suppose to expect them to be fighting Cold War II?

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back