Russia ENDS air safety agreement with US led Coalition after Syrian jet shootdown

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Russia Ends ‘Air Safety’ Agreement With US-Led Coalition After Syrian Jet Shootdown
The Russian Defense Ministry announced it is halting cooperation with its US counterparts in the framework of the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria following the coalition’s downing of a Syrian warplane.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not good.

Last edited:
The Russian Defense Ministry has demanded a thorough investigation by the US military command into the incident with the Syrian government military jet, with the results to be shared with the Russian side.

“In the areas of combat missions of Russian air fleet in Syrian skies, any airborne objects, including aircraft and unmanned vehicles of the [US-led] international coalition, located to the west of the Euphrates River, will be tracked by Russian ground and air defense forces as air targets,” the Russian Ministry of Defense stated.

Downing the military jet within Syrian airspace “cynically” violates the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic, Russian military said.

The actions of the US Air Force are in fact “military aggression” against Syria, the statement adds.

“The command of the coalition forces did not use the existing communication channel between the air commands of Al Udeid Airbase (in Qatar) and the Khmeimim Airbase to prevent incidents in Syrian airspace.”

The ministry considers the move “a conscious failure to comply with the obligations under the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria,” and is thus halting cooperation with the US within the memorandum framework as of June 19, the statement concluded.
Russian military halts Syria sky incident prevention interactions with US as of June 19 – Moscow

"US led coalition is helping the terrorists, not Syrians", the Ministry added. And that's pretty darn sad...

Last edited:
The Russian Defense Ministry has demanded a thorough investigation by the US military command into the incident with the Syrian government military jet, with the results to be shared with the Russian side.

“In the areas of combat missions of Russian air fleet in Syrian skies, any airborne objects, including aircraft and unmanned vehicles of the [US-led] international coalition, located to the west of the Euphrates River, will be tracked by Russian ground and air defense forces as air targets,” the Russian Ministry of Defense stated.

Downing the military jet within Syrian airspace “cynically” violates the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic, Russian military said.

The actions of the US Air Force are in fact “military aggression” against Syria, the statement adds.

“The command of the coalition forces did not use the existing communication channel between the air commands of Al Udeid Airbase (in Qatar) and the Khmeimim Airbase to prevent incidents in Syrian airspace.”

The ministry considers the move “a conscious failure to comply with the obligations under the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria,” and is thus halting cooperation with the US within the memorandum framework as of June 19, the statement concluded.
Russian military halts Syria sky incident prevention interactions with US as of June 19 – Moscow

"US led coalition is helping the terrorists, not Syrians", the Ministry added. And that's pretty darn sad...
This is concerning, but let's hope it lasts as long as the last time they said this--when we bombed the airport.

Obama put us in Syria. And he bombed Syria several times.
Spin it.
7aac2a4e19e85e5a47cd23ed53e92184.gif

Trump wanted a new understanding with Russia to defeat ISIS and end the war on terror, with us and the Russians victorious. The Democrats sabotaged that, so now Trump is in no position to do that. Now things will go in the Middle East as always, endless war of attrition that never ends, and no victory ever.

Trump wanted a new understanding with Russia to defeat ISIS and end the war on terror, with us and the Russians victorious. The Democrats sabotaged that, so now Trump is in no position to do that. Now things will go in the Middle East as always, endless war of attrition that never ends, and no victory ever.
Yet Oblama is not president..Trump has been sending more people, he's doing the same as Oblama..

The Democrats always said they wanted better relations with Russia, but once it became possible with Trump, they sabotaged it, poisoned the well, became warmongers. The only thing I can hold on to that makes me feel better is the firm belief that all Democrats go to to hell.

The Democrats always said they wanted better relations with Russia, but once it became possible with Trump, they sabotaged it, poisoned the well, became warmongers. The only thing I can hold on to that makes me feel better is the firm belief that all Democrats go to to hell.
Go ahead and mock your God...

I'm not mocking God, only stating the obvious.

I was watching when the Democrats booed God at their convention when party leaders wanted to put mention of God in their platform.

I'm not mocking God, only stating the obvious.

I was watching when the Democrats booed God at their convention when party leaders wanted to put mention of God in their platform.

You don't know who will be in Heaven and who won't...

Forum List

Back