Russell Simmons Reacts To Obama's Final State Of The Union Address

AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.37006/t...ident-obamas-final-state-of-the-union-address
Just Blaze & Russell Simmons React To President Obama's Final State Of The Union Address

Russell Simmons Verified account
@UncleRUSH

*"Thank you Barack. Thank you. One more year to go. Let's get criminal justice reform done this year! #SOTU"*

Mr. Simmons, what about Justice for victims of Maternal Oppression & Child Abuse who often develop into depressed teens and adults requiring CJ intervention?

Is there no justice for Kendrick Lamar and Tupac, both men rapping or speaking about adult and childhood depression, as well as experiencing suicidal thoughts?

How about Justice for Freddie Gray, deprived of a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood by an irresponsible maternal caregiver who ignored her parental and societal obligation to place the well being of her child above all else.

Then there is Baltimore teen Michael Singleton. After being introduced to a life of hardship and struggle by a totally irresponsible mom, young Michael became so depressed he joined his depressed classmates in The Street, attempting to cause grave bodily harm to police responsible for protecting his neighbors from depressed kids like Michael.

I am depressed too.

Depressed that Americans like Russell Simmons willfully ignore the substantial population of "living wild" (child abuse victim Kendrick Lamar's characterization of his mom's child-rearing lifestyle) married and single moms who for decades have selfishly ignored the welfare and emotional well being of the children they introduce to life.

What depresses me even more is the reason many people willfully ignore "living wild" parenting...because without a significant population of "living wild" parents raising "living wild" children, maturing into "living wild" teens and adults, people like Mr. Simmons would have to find a new line of work and venue for gaining fame.

*(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)*

Robert K. Ross, MD, President and CEO of The California Endowment, gives a compelling overview of the role that exposure to childhood trauma plays in the lives of troubled and chronically ill Americans.

Peace.

Tag: willfull ignorance

All children, Avery, suffer from some level of paternal and or maternal oppression.

That's life.

What's your point? Are you playing identity politics for your own benefit?

LOL, from Millionaire to another. seeing one black man on his knees to another one is icky

Obama isn't our dictator or a God. just sick

All children, Avery, suffer from some level of paternal and or maternal oppression.

That's life.

What's your point? Are you playing identity politics for your own benefit?

Hi, Jake.

Of course in the larger sense all kids are oppressed by their caregivers, though in most cases child oppression is synonymous with child discipline.

I am more focused on victims of childhood oppression who mature into depressed teens and adults like Kendrick Lamar, Tupac Shakur, Curtis Jackson, Baltimore residents Michael Singleton and Freddie Gray, Dwayne Carter and untold numbers of kids deprived of experiencing a safe, fairly happy childhood by their immature "living wild" moms.

Video Archive – American Men & Women Sharing Thoughts About Some African American Women & Moms | Welcome to Knute's Niche – Recognizing Child Abuse/Neglect

Peace.

Did you know Russel Simmons donates millions of dollars to charities, particularly those that work with children? Along with his brother Reverend Run, Mr. Simmons has founded several such organizations:
"....encouraging young people to vote.....he runs a NYC nonprofit that provides arts education programs to disadvantaged youth... organization supports arts programs for toddlers all the way up to high school students, serving more than 3,000 disadvantaged urban youth annually.... bringing together entertainers, industry leaders, and civil rights groups, using hip hop as a catalyst to advocate for education and other issues that affect youth, and encouraging them to vote....Simmons has also been known to help raise money for anti-violence programs, particularly those that focus on kids."

Most of the people you list were able to overcome their poverty and hardship using music.

I don't know how much blame you can attribute to Curtis Jackson's mother considering she was murdered when he was 8. Tupac Shakur's mother was a Black Panther and political activist that later became addicted to crack. If you have ever listened to any of his music you would know how much he loved his mother. His song Dear Mama was even added to the Library of Congress:
"...Library of Congress, who deemed it a work that is "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States." In a press release, the organization called the song "a moving and eloquent homage to both the murdered rapper's own mother and all mothers struggling to maintain a family in the face of addiction, poverty and societal indifference."

I'm not sure what you are getting at. You are definitely blaming poor black women for the problems of their children. While "living wild" moms are probably somewhat to blame (possibly entirely) in some cases, I think you are overlooking other aspects of the environment and/or what causes them to "live wild". Can you please define that term. Does this malady only effect black women or are white people susceptible to it? Are you claiming music is somehow the cause of their troubles?

Russell Simmons - Glitzy Giving | Entertainment Funders | Grants - Inside Philanthropy
Dear Mama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Other American subcultures are as bad.

Check out the River Crest community in Angelina County, Texas.

Did you know Russel Simmons donates millions of dollars to charities, particularly those that work with children? Along with his brother Reverend Run, Mr. Simmons has founded several such organizations:

Hi, CB. Yes, Simmons is much like gangsta Al Capone who created soup kitchens to curry a favorable rep with the poor, while selfishly engaging in anti-social activites that harmed the community.

CB, I have no interest in discussing R. Smmmons. My focus is on the anti-social, community and individual harming anti-social, violent, criminal activities many of his recording artists rap about. I am focused on the child abuse and neglect responsible for causing Russell Simmon's friends and recording artists to share their emotional pain with our world.

Most of the people you list were able to overcome their poverty and hardship using music.

What about the millions of depressed, abused and neglected kids who over the past forty years DID NOT overcome the poverty and hardships created for them by immature moms like Gloria Darden, Toya Graham, Tavis Smiley's mom, the list of irresponsible maternal caregivers goes on and on...

Tupac Shakur's mother was a Black Panther and political activist that later became addicted to crack. If you have ever listened to any of his music you would know how much he loved his mother. His song Dear Mama was even added to the Library of Congress:

Yes, I am familiar with Dear Mama. I am also familiar with Suzanne Vega's Grammy nominated song Luka in which she describes a victim of child absue and neglect DENYING he is a victim of parental abuse...much like a majority of child abuse victims who won't say a bad word about their caretakers.

I am also familiar with Tupac's Thats Just The Way It Is, aka Changes rap in which he describes waking in the morning thinking about "blasting" himself before leaving his crib to snatch a peaceful neighbor's purse for cash needed to feed his hungry belly.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. You are definitely blaming poor black women for the problems of their children.

Yes, I am joining the growing number of angry, frustrated Americans pointing a finger at the growing population of seriously irresponsible, selfish moms cruelly neglecting the emotional and physical well being of society's children.

Video Archive - American Men & Women Sharing Thoughts About Some African American Women & Moms

While "living wild" moms are probably somewhat to blame (possibly entirely) in some cases, I think you are overlooking other aspects of the environment and/or what causes them to "live wild". Can you please define that term. Does this malady only effect black women or are white people susceptible to it?

Here is Kendrick's definition for "living wild":

In his 2015 Grammy award winning Rap Performance titled "I", Kendrick Lamar writes, "I've been dealing with depression ever since an adolescent."

In a January 2011 LAWeekly interview Kendrick, born in 1987, the same year songwriter Suzanne Vega wrote a song about child abuse and victim denial that was nominated for a Grammy award, he told the interviewer:

"Lamar's parents moved from Chicago to Compton in 1984 with all of $500 in their pockets. "My mom's one of 13 [THIRTEEN] siblings, and they all got SIX kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton," he says."

"I'm 6 years old, seein' my uncles playing with shotguns, sellin' dope in front of the apartment.

My moms and pops never said nothing, 'cause they were young and living wild, too. I got about 15 stories like 'Average Joe.'"

https://knutesniche.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/laweekly-lamar-abuse.png

In a Oct 25, 2012, LAWeekly interview Kendrick shares his experiences about emotional neglect and talks about being a SIX-YEAR-OLD child unable to trust and rely on his own mom.

Robert K. Ross, MD, President and CEO of The California Endowment, gives a compelling overview of the role that exposure to childhood trauma plays in the lives of troubled and chronically ill Americans.

Avery, you can rap on about a sub culture all you want, but R. Simmons puts the likes of you to shame. Step off.

Forum List

Back