Rush Limbaugh Makes Millions Off Heritage Foundation

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Conservative organizations are paying millions of dollars a year in sponsorship fees to talk-radio hosts for a package of plugs on the hosts’ shows, according to a Politico report.

The Heritage Foundation, which is credited with pioneering sponsorships of this style and magnitude, reportedly pays about $2 million in sponsorship fees to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” and $1.3 to “The Sean Hannity Show.”

And Heritage has absolutely no reservations about it.

“We approach it the way anyone approaches advertising: where is our audience that wants to buy what you sell?” Genevieve Wood, Heritage’s vice president for operations and marketing. “And their audiences obviously fit that model for us. They promote conservative ideas and that’s what we do.”

What the seven-figure deals guarantee for the organization varies, but most arrangements include a specified number of instances in which the host reads from a script or a set of talking points provided by the organization. The message encourages listeners to visit the organization’s Web site or make a financial contribution.

What Heritage gets for paying $2 million to Rush - Think Tanked - The Washington Post

Wow advertising on a successful show to boost business.

Wow.

That's like capitalism or something

Why don't Liberals do that?

Daily Kos can advertise on Randy Rhodes and Keith Olbermann

"It’s the ambiguity between traditional advertising and the show’s content that makes this type of sponsorship so valuable to organizations: It circumvents the problem of listeners “tuning out” or changing stations during commercials.

But for listeners, it’s difficult to know whether the host is doing the bidding for an organization or having an honest discussion, as was the case last month when Limbaugh spoke about Heritage’s previous support for health insurance mandates.

“The Heritage Foundation to this day says they are being impugned and misrepresented in terms of their advocacy for such a thing,” Limbaugh said, explaining that the think tank “abandoned the idea once they saw it implemented” and realized “it doesn’t work.”

Limbaugh, who has been a paid Heritage endorser since 2009, said the reversal did nothing to detract from the “profound … respect for Heritage. Heritage is the gold standard. Heritage was every bit as involved in Reaganism as Reagan was, and nothing’s changed.”

Aside from getting the message out, Heritage says it has seen an increase in the bottom line. They estimate that over the last two years, the sponsorships have brought them an additional 40,000 members each year. At the basic membership level of $25 per year, that has added $1 million in revenue."

Translation: He's paid to not only to feed your daily "talking points", lie to you, but tells your what to think and what is important to your. But get your to send money to an organization that doesn't need your money that is actively working against your own pocket book issues and peeps like you don't see this as a problem?

So?

Oh, BTW... I've never listened to Rush so he has never "fed" me anything. So yeah, it's not a problem for me.

"It’s the ambiguity between traditional advertising and the show’s content that makes this type of sponsorship so valuable to organizations: It circumvents the problem of listeners “tuning out” or changing stations during commercials.

But for listeners, it’s difficult to know whether the host is doing the bidding for an organization or having an honest discussion, as was the case last month when Limbaugh spoke about Heritage’s previous support for health insurance mandates.

“The Heritage Foundation to this day says they are being impugned and misrepresented in terms of their advocacy for such a thing,” Limbaugh said, explaining that the think tank “abandoned the idea once they saw it implemented” and realized “it doesn’t work.”

Limbaugh, who has been a paid Heritage endorser since 2009, said the reversal did nothing to detract from the “profound … respect for Heritage. Heritage is the gold standard. Heritage was every bit as involved in Reaganism as Reagan was, and nothing’s changed.”

Aside from getting the message out, Heritage says it has seen an increase in the bottom line. They estimate that over the last two years, the sponsorships have brought them an additional 40,000 members each year. At the basic membership level of $25 per year, that has added $1 million in revenue."

Translation: He's paid to not only to feed your daily "talking points", lie to you, but tells your what to think and what is important to your. But get your to send money to an organization that doesn't need your money that is actively working against your own pocket book issues and peeps like you don't see this as a problem?

Maybe it's just the idiots that have a hard time telling the difference between a paid endorsement and the host's opinion and that's why this is big news to them. I doubt this is news to anyone on the right that listens to them.

Conservative organizations are paying millions of dollars a year in sponsorship fees to talk-radio hosts for a package of plugs on the hosts’ shows, according to a Politico report.

The Heritage Foundation, which is credited with pioneering sponsorships of this style and magnitude, reportedly pays about $2 million in sponsorship fees to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” and $1.3 to “The Sean Hannity Show.”

“We approach it the way anyone approaches advertising: where is our audience that wants to buy what you sell?” Genevieve Wood, Heritage’s vice president for operations and marketing. “And their audiences obviously fit that model for us. They promote conservative ideas and that’s what we do.”

What the seven-figure deals guarantee for the organization varies, but most arrangements include a specified number of instances in which the host reads from a script or a set of talking points provided by the organization. The message encourages listeners to visit the organization’s Web site or make a financial contribution.

What Heritage gets for paying $2 million to Rush - Think Tanked - The Washington Post

Is it sad or funny that you can't grasp this concept?!?!

Oh that explains your limited IQ...

So?

Oh, BTW... I've never listened to Rush so he has never "fed" me anything. So yeah, it's not a problem for me.

Ditto

:wink_2:

I am frequently amazed by how much concern and worry people who hate Rush, Hannity, and the like have for those folks who watch and listen to them. They hate the right anyway, they hate Rush and those who share his ideas, so why do the give a flying rats ass?

Fuck, get a life and quit listening to and watching these assholes you despise numbnuts.

This is why I say that Voter Fraud is the only possibly way Dems win elections. Do you see how totally, completely fucking stupid these people are?

Last edited:
So?

Ditto

:wink_2:

I am frequently amazed by how much concern and worry people who hate Rush, Hannity, and the like have for those folks who watch and listen to them. They hate the right anyway, they hate Rush and those who share his ideas, so why do the give a flying rats ass?

Fuck, get a life and quit listening to and watching these assholes you despise numbnuts.

Seems to me if the conservative radio hosts are so damn stupid, and we being the listeners are a bunch of knuckle dragging mouth breathing idiots, the libtards would applaud us listening to them.

I don't see them offering any alternatives either.

I tune in to hear folks echo what I have rattling around in my skull. It lets me know I'm not alone too.

Only Heritage's crooked math could call paying $3.3 million for a $1 million return, a loss of $2.3 million, "an increase in the bottom line."

The Heritage Foundation is making millions off of Limbaugh. So what? Isn't that capitalism? For both prates the benefit exceeds the cost. Why do you hate capitalism?

Last edited:

Only Heritage's crooked math could call paying $3.3 million for a $1 million return, a loss of $2.3 million, "an increase in the bottom line."

The Heritage Foundation is making millions off of Limbaugh. So what? Isn't that capitalism? For both prates the benefit exceeds the cost. Why do you hate capitalism?
A perfect example of the appeal of the gullible Right-wing misinformation voter to the deceitful GOP CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood! They can have the correct information sitting right in front of them, but they are still too stupid to put 2 + 2 together.

I have it on good authority that Rush's show only airs PSAs and station self-promos. That, or a swallowed a line of b.s.

So anyway...now some lefties have a problem with free market enterprise such as a radio show charging, as Rush puts it, confiscatory rates to run ads? Decisions made with no one putting a gun to anyone's head to make them?

I dunno. Stories of union goons acting like jackasses are more interesting to me for some reason.

So you don't understand the difference between overhead, an increase in the bottom line and a loss?

How incredibly unshocking.

So you don't understand the difference between overhead, an increase in the bottom line and a loss?

How incredibly unshocking.

C'mon, ease up. The clown's only got 10 fingers.

Forum List

Back