Rumsfeld ordered prisoner hidden from Red Cross

I would call this a pretty serious offense if it's true. If Rumsfeld was knowingly hiding prisoners what does this say about his possible involvement in torturing them? This is yet another good reason to vote George W. Bush out.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I would call this a pretty serious offense if it's true. If Rumsfeld was knowingly hiding prisoners what does this say about his possible involvement in torturing them? This is yet another good reason to vote George W. Bush out.

acludem

Correct me if im wrong, but where in any legal book does it state that all prisoners must be shown to the red cross?

And before you start condemning them for torture maybe you should learn the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Correct me if im wrong, but where in any legal book does it state that all prisoners must be shown to the red cross?

In the article, Taguba is quoted as saying it is a violation of international law. And human rights groups said it was a clear violation of the Geneva Convention.

Rumsfeld has now been directly implicated in mistreatment of prisoners.

If you read the article you'll note that the prisoner was not hidden because he was abused. Indirect or not even, at best.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I am still not clear that these prisoners fall under the Geneva Convention, is it not for militant's?

Really though, you and the other's here are still crying over this prison scandal. Why not be creative with your energy and draw some comparison's to the way our prisoner's of war have been treated in the past, and quit fucking whining about the minimal aspect of this shit!

the geneva convention applies to foriegn forces and civilians of an occupied territory.

as far as the way OUR PoW's were treated, thats why the convention was created. the Nazi's were hung in part of it.

curiously, an equivalent to vietnam is occurring. The North Vietnamese considered US soldiers criminals, not enemy forces, and therefore the convention didn't apply.

This will not go away, its the only issue the Demos and their willing accomplices in the corrupt LMM have to run on this election season.

Now where is the picture of the guy with the drawers on his head? I need a pick me up this morning.

Difference is that we are dealing with criminals. not enemy combatants, so therefore the convention should not apply!
Just my opinion though.

even though they may be considered criminals, they are still civilians of that country. Therefore, the convention does apply. Unless you'd like to start instituting the patriot act II over there and removing their citizenship.

This story is just another cry from the left at how wrong the administration is for this. It was a request by the CIA director Tenet to Rumsfeld that this prisoner be secretly held until further assesments can be made, but Hell let's not have the CIA do their job becuase the corrupt organization of the ICRC can do it better!:rolleyes:

you have proof that the red cross is corrupt?

Originally posted by OCA
This will not go away, its the only issue the Demos and their willing accomplices in the corrupt LMM have to run on this election season.

Now where is the picture of the guy with the drawers on his head? I need a pick me up this morning.

blah blah blah blah.

Its not the only issue, and I'm thinking that its only going to get worse for the GOP. That old saying 'where theres smoke, theres fire' certainly applies.

Well folks, Rumsfeld has now been directly implicated in mistreatment of prisoners. According to this story, he ordered a prisoner kept "off the books" so that the Red Cross wouldn't see them.
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that. Mistreatment of prisoners who would like to see every American dead and buried. I just don't understand that.
America: The evil empire. If you have a sick child, come to America. Our doctors will make that child well again for free. Then take the child home and raise the child to hate America so in 20 years they can come back to America and plant a bomb. Come to America on a student visa and get an education. Then go back home and plot the destruction of America. Earthquake? America is the first country to send aid. Starving? America is the first country to send food. The list is endless.
The liberal press just loves to print only BAD news as long as the administration isn't as liberal as they are.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
blah blah blah blah.

Its not the only issue, and I'm thinking that its only going to get worse for the GOP. That old saying 'where theres smoke, theres fire' certainly applies.

Instead of looking at this as "worse for the GOP" how about "worse for the USA". No matter where your loyalties lie as fas as political parties we are all still American. Is the politics really helpful at this point? I'm not aiming this at you personally, it applies to everyone.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Instead of looking at this as "worse for the GOP" how about "worse for the USA". No matter where your loyalties lie as fas as political parties we are all still American. Is the politics really helpful at this point? I'm not aiming this at you personally, it applies to everyone.

unfortunately, both main parties aren't looking at it that way. I'd like to see bipartisan support in alot of things, its never going to happen until we get rid of all the career, family, and corrupt politicians and the cycles we've dealt with for generations from them.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
unfortunately, both main parties aren't looking at it that way. I'd like to see bipartisan support in alot of things, its never going to happen until we get rid of all the career, family, and corrupt politicians and the cycles we've dealt with for generations from them.

I agree. But until the rest of the country wakes up, we have to play the cards that we are currently holding.

I think we should just shoot them all and get it over with so they aren't so abused..:2guns: :firing: that's one way to get rid of them and the abuse..:cof:

Originally posted by Jmarie
I think we should just shoot them all and get it over with so they aren't so abused..:2guns: :firing: that's one way to get rid of them and the abuse..:cof:

Don't think that this hasn't cross the mind of many a soldier--fortunately they are trained better!

Oh, I did'nt realize they were all Iraqi citizens. Damn, could of sworn that I heard something to the effect that insurgents were pouring in from all borders.

I'm sure that some of them are from other nations, not all of them though. It appears that our military and intelligence never bothered to make that distinction when they should have.

Red Cross Has History of Diverting Donations

The recent uproar isn't the first time the American Red Cross has been in hot water for diverting funds donated for disaster relief.

Readers responding to the ConsumerAffairs.Com Forum have told of incidents in their communities in which the Red Cross was criticized for collecting much more than it spent after local floods, fires and other disasters. Now a survey by The Washington Post has identified several more, including:

The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing The agency collected $13 million for the victims and families of the federal building bombing. Its local spending was only a fourth of what it collected.
The 1997 Red River flood The river surged through Minnesota and North Dakota, destroying homes and farms. The Red Cross collected nearly $16 million. It was only after the Minnesota Attorney General held public hearings that $4 million in unspent money was released.
San Diego Wildfires Some of the $400,000 collected after the January fires was spent on vehicles and a new telephone system for the Red Cross offices. An audit showed that only $10,000 went directly to victims, even though donors had designated nearly $188,000 for that purpose, the Post reported.
1989 San Francisco earthquake The Red Cross raised about $55 million and spent $12 million on the relief effort. Then-mayor Art Agnos said it was only after he complained loudly and bitterly that the Red Cross stepped up disaster relief spending and agreed to help fund homeless shelters.
Let's of course not forget their efforts after 9-11
Civic leaders around the country say this has a familiar ring. Typically, they say, when a major disaster occurs, the Red Cross arrives quickly and begins soliciting donations, using emotional appeals that stress the plight of the victims. But in the end, much of the money raised is never spent on local relief efforts.

My guess is that they may just be slightly corrupt.

you just might be right.

But they are not in the same league as the UN, which is appearing to be the Enron of organizations. Heck, they surpass Enron.

The Red Cross has the same type of problem as United Way awhile back, there are some bad apples, it gets publicity and they either move them or get rid of them, depends on who is in charge.

Forum List

Back