Rule of Law, or Rule of Man?

So you refuse to accept that the historical fact is Jefferson called us a democracy?

Your fucking insane

This is why the right in this country will fade into history.

They have NO RESPECT for facts.

they lie about everyting to cling to the failed ideas of their masters.

Our founding fathers designed this Republic to be run on the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man. In fact the founding fathers detested the label Democrat, and the whole idea of Democracy. Simply going by whatever a majority of the voters wanted was a bad idea in their eyes. Think about two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. THAT is the Rule of Man.

Our country is and should be a country based on the Rule of Law. This brings me to Proposition 8.

The people voted essentially to ban Gay Marriage (Rule of Man), the judge, in a rare moment of sanity from this guy, shot it down because of the Rule of Law.

I hear this kind of thing from both the left and the right. "The people want this, and the people want that!" That isn't how this country was founded

I have a whole lot of issues with the whole Gay Marriage debate, and probably that's for another thread, and I don't like the way each side is acting on this issue, but I ALWAYS revert to the founding fathers on issues and even if I don't like the result, their logic is sopund and has worked for almost 250 years.

Your a liar

Our founding fathers designed this Republic to be run on the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man. In fact the founding fathers detested the label Democrat, and the whole idea of Democracy. Simply going by whatever a majority of the voters wanted was a bad idea in their eyes. Think about two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. THAT is the Rule of Man.

Our country is and should be a country based on the Rule of Law. This brings me to Proposition 8.

The people voted essentially to ban Gay Marriage (Rule of Man), the judge, in a rare moment of sanity from this guy, shot it down because of the Rule of Law.

I hear this kind of thing from both the left and the right. "The people want this, and the people want that!" That isn't how this country was founded

I have a whole lot of issues with the whole Gay Marriage debate, and probably that's for another thread, and I don't like the way each side is acting on this issue, but I ALWAYS revert to the founding fathers on issues and even if I don't like the result, their logic is sopund and has worked for almost 250 years.

Your a liar

No that would be you asswipe.

Search the Jeffersonian Cyclopedia

Thomas Jefferson Collection | Jeffersonian Encyclopedia homepage
University of Virginia Library

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7270. REPRESENTATION, Democratic. --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View page | View section
The full experiment of a government democratical, but representative, was and is still reserved for us. The idea (taken, indeed, from the little specimen formerly existing in the English constitution, but now lost) has been carried by us, more or less, into all our legislative and executive departments; but it has not yet, by any of us, been pushed into all the ramifications of the system, so far as to leave no authority existing not responsible to the people; whose rights, however, to the exercise and fruits of their own industry, can never be protected against the selfishness of rulers not subject to their control at short periods. The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure of government; and, in a great measure, relieves our regret, if the political writings of Aristotle, or of any other ancient, have been lost, or are unfaithfully rendered or explained to us. --

TITLE: To Isaac H. Tiffany.
EDITION: Washington ed. vii, 32.
PLACE: Monticello
DATE: 1816

there is NO denying Jefferson said this

Your a liar

No that would be you asswipe.

I can't figure out if she's a bald faced liar or an idiot or both. Probably both.

Cold Hard Undeniable Facts.

observe the right denying what Jefferson himself called this country.

You people must really hate this country

no that would be you asswipe.

i can't figure out if she's a bald faced liar or an idiot or both. Probably both.

both............

The idiot thinks that because Jefferson mentions the word Democracy, then we're a democracy.

She is too ignorant to know that in this country, one "no vote" in the courts will nullify all the yes votes. That would never happen in a Democracy. And I would ask her to show me where in the Constitution that Democracy is mentioned, but alas it would be ignored.

It's true, "There are none so ignorant as those who refuse to learn."

It's also true that "One should never argue with an idiot because people might not be able to tell the difference", soI have stopped arguing with that idiot.

In addition this line of discussion is irrelevant to my OP.

i can't figure out if she's a bald faced liar or an idiot or both. Probably both.

both............

The idiot thinks that because Jefferson mentions the word Democracy, then we're a democracy.

She is too ignorant to know that in this country, one "no vote" in the courts will nullify all the yes votes. That would never happen in a Democracy. And I would ask her to show me where in the Constitution that Democracy is mentioned, but alas it would be ignored.

It's true, "There are none so ignorant as those who refuse to learn."

It's also true that "One should never argue with an idiot because people might not be able to tell the difference", soI have stopped arguing with that idiot.

In addition this line of discussion is irrelevant to my OP.

I know that dipshit doesnt understand the word most commonly used of our description. The founders used it extensively. REPUBLIC......

Search the Jeffersonian Cyclopedia

Thomas Jefferson Collection | Jeffersonian Encyclopedia homepage
University of Virginia Library

View page | View section
The full experiment of a government democratical, but representative, was and is still reserved for us. The idea (taken, indeed, from the little specimen formerly existing in the English constitution, but now lost) has been carried by us, more or less, into all our legislative and executive departments; but it has not yet, by any of us, been pushed into all the ramifications of the system, so far as to leave no authority existing not responsible to the people; whose rights, however, to the exercise and fruits of their own industry, can never be protected against the selfishness of rulers not subject to their control at short periods. The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure of government; and, in a great measure, relieves our regret, if the political writings of Aristotle, or of any other ancient, have been lost, or are unfaithfully rendered or explained to us. --

TITLE: To Isaac H. Tiffany.
EDITION: Washington ed. vii, 32.
PLACE: Monticello
DATE: 1816

Why do you accept right wing lies instead of Jeffersons own words?

"We the People"

"We the People"

Yes and? Do you know why they said that? Context is everything. it doesn't say "We the poeple" are in charge, or "We the People" are supreme rulers now does it?

see how the right is?

They can NEVER admitt to facts they cant use to support their lies.

The founder so loved democracy?

That must be why they lovingly gave slave states democratic power based on the 3/5 principle. right?

Because then PROPERTY gave some STATES much more democratic power than other states without slaves.

Truly you people who think the Floundering Fathers were saints are kool-ade drinking idiots.

The founder so loved democracy?

That must be why they lovingly gave slave states democratic power based on the 3/5 principle. right?

Because then PROPERTY gave some STATES much more democratic power than other states without slaves.

Truly you people who think the Floundering Fathers were saints are kool-ade drinking idiots.

Oh the drama how queenie.

The founders were not saints but visionaries. But you had to make a completely worthless point....Congrats.

Forum List

Back