Rubio

Rubio is just one more sorry excuse for a presidential candidate, not to mention for a human being, among the Republican lineup of theocrats, bigots and oligarchists. On the surface, he give the appearance of being more rational than the likes of Cruz and the wild eyed Huckabee, and he does not have the baggage of Bush, nor the crassness of Trump. Indeed, he is a cut above the walking dead persona of Carson, and perhaps more competent than Christie ( but then again who isn’t) However, a little digging reveals that he is wrong on most of the issues: Economic, social and foreign and domestic policy. If he is to be the standard bearer of what was supposed to be the new, inclusive, rebranded Republican Party, he falls way short of the mark.

LOL, so is Hillary or Bernie your ideal candidate?

There is no ideal candidate but Rubio is beyond the pale as are all of the Republican candidates.

Can you respond to the things that I'm pointing out about Rubio without trying to defect attention by invoking the Democrats'?

Rubio is just one more sorry excuse for a presidential candidate, not to mention for a human being, among the Republican lineup of theocrats, bigots and oligarchists. On the surface, he give the appearance of being more rational than the likes of Cruz and the wild eyed Huckabee, and he does not have the baggage of Bush, nor the crassness of Trump. Indeed, he is a cut above the walking dead persona of Carson, and perhaps more competent than Christie ( but then again who isn’t) However, a little digging reveals that he is wrong on most of the issues: Economic, social and foreign and domestic policy. If he is to be the standard bearer of what was supposed to be the new, inclusive, rebranded Republican Party, he falls way short of the mark.

There is no ideal candidate but Rubio is beyond the pale as are all of the Republican candidates.

Can you respond to the things that I'm pointing out about Rubio without trying to defect attention by invoking the Democrats'?

I was responding to your characterization of ALL Republican candidates as "theocrats, bigots and oligarchists." Did you really have some other point to your post?

You might want to read this whole article. It gives a nice historical perspective to his plan. Then tell us how you can and why you do support it. Alternately, you can try to explain how none of this is true.

The Math on Rubionomics Is Way, Way Crazier Than You Think The Math on Rubionomics Is Way, Way Crazier Than You Think
By Jonathan Chait

Thirty-four percent of the benefits of the plan would go to the highest-earning one percent of Americans (who, by the way, earn about 21 percent of all income). Rubio’s proposal deliberately provides some benefits to Americans of modest income, which means that its enormous tax cuts for the very rich come alongside some pretty decent-size tax cuts for the rest of us. All told, Rubio’s plan would reduce federal revenue by $11.8 trillion over the next decade. The entire Bush tax cuts cost about $3.4 trillion over a decade, making the Rubio tax cuts more than three times as costly.

Medicaid, veterans’ health insurance, transportation, border security, and education, not to mention the entire federal anti-poverty budget other than Medicare and Social Security, would have to go. Oh, and Rubio has also called for an amendment to the Constitution requiring a balanced budget every year.

I was responding to your characterization of ALL Republican candidates as "theocrats, bigots and oligarchists." Did you really have some other point to your post?

How? By bringing up Clinton and Sanders? The thread is about Rubio . Try to stay on topic.

Funny then that any thread on Obama's poor performance always winds up with talking about Bush. Make up you fucking mind!

How? By bringing up Clinton and Sanders? The thread is about Rubio . Try to stay on topic.

"There is no ideal candidate but Rubio is beyond the pale as are all of the Republican candidates."

"Rubio is just one more sorry excuse for a presidential candidate, not to mention for a human being, among the Republican lineup of theocrats, bigots and oligarchists."

Just about Rubio, eh? MSNBC fan?

"There is no ideal candidate but Rubio is beyond the pale as are all of the Republican candidates."

"Rubio is just one more sorry excuse for a presidential candidate, not to mention for a human being, among the Republican lineup of theocrats, bigots and oligarchists."

Just about Rubio, eh? MSNBC fan?
Give me a break! That was my introduction intended to put him in perspective among the Republican candidates for those who think that he is somehow exceptional and the one who will save the party.

It's apparent that you are unable to deal with any of the points that I've made about him. So be it.

This will be interesting and fun to watch....

Will Pro-Gay Money Make Marco Rubio Less Homophobic?

Paul Singer is one of the Republican party’s big donors, so his decision to desert Jeb Bush’s presidential campaign and throw his support to Marco Rubio is a big deal for two reasons. One, it’s yet another nail in the coffin of Bush’s moribund campaign. Two, it’s a big boost to Rubio and a sign that the Republican establishment views him as the legitimate candidate in a field of nutburgers.

Nutburgers!! I love that!!

Now, here is the rub...

What Singer’s decision doesn’t do is push the GOP to be more gay friendly. And that’s one of Singer’s main goals. As the father of a gay son, Singer is the force behind the American Unity Fund, a group of fat cats that want Republicans to enter the 21st century on the side of freedom and equality.

Which raises the question: How does Marco Rubio fit into that picture? Based on his history, not at all.

It will be interesting to see how this all goes.....will Singer lean on Rubio to soften his stance? Will Rubio do so? How will the hardcore base respond?

Or maybe in the end, as important as gay issues are, financial issues are what matter most to Singer. As a hedge fund manager, Singer may be throwing his support behind the Republican candidate who is a) most likely to win and b) most likely to give hedge fund managers a bunch of tax breaks–or at least maintain the ones they already enjoy. While the jury is out on option A, Rubio’s economic plan fits snugly into option B.

Whatever the reason, Rubio is not the change agent that Singer purports to seek. He’s a younger version of the same old homophobia that has made Republicans a punch line for under-30 voters. Singer’s money will come in handy, of course. But already, Rubio is being labeled a sell-out by hardcore conservatives who hate Singer. Chief among them is NOM’s Brian Brown, for whom Rubio once taped those robocalls. Now Brown is threatening to run ads trashing Rubio as a traitor to the cause.

Give me a break! That was my introduction intended to put him in perspective among the Republican candidates for those who think that he is somehow exceptional and the one who will save the party.

Having your own words read back to you is a bitch, ain't it?

Having your own words read back to you is a bitch, ain't it?
OK That's it bubba. We're done here. It's apparent that you don't have the intellect, integrity of strength of conviction to actually respond to my criticism of the jackass that you choose to support.

Whenever I encounter someone like you, it only serves to reinforce my own beliefs and knowledge that I'm right, so thank you and get lost. I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time.:banned03:

Rubio having as much experience as Obama did when he ran is particularly hilarious. He's done nothing noteworthy in the Senate except resign. And when he tries to be forceful, you kinda want to giggle. Hillary would have a hard time ordering a better opponent at this point and time. He'd be quite a force if he decided to build his presence and power in the Senate and then made a run later on.

Saddest words known to men..."what might have been....oh what might have been."

Rubio having as much experience as Obama did when he ran is particularly hilarious. He's done nothing noteworthy in the Senate except resign. And when he tries to be forceful, you kinda want to giggle. Hillary would have a hard time ordering a better opponent at this point and time. He'd be quite a force if he decided to build his presence and power in the Senate and then made a run later on.

Is it just a matter of experience? I don't think so. You have to consider what these people stand for. You have to think about what a Rubio presidency would mean for the future of America. I have reason to believe that it would be devastating, Please read my post #19. Yes, Rubio would be a formidable opponent because people just listen to flowery rhetoric and see the fresh young face and fail to actually think about the meaning of the words.( Or, they actually want to have an oligarchy and a theocracy.)

Last edited:
The only ticket that can beat Clinton is a combination of Rubio and Kasich.

Seeing you liberals fact so desperately is entertaining. Hillary is going to have a hard time no matter who her opponent is and if it's Rubio, he's going to kick her worthless trashy ass until her nose bleeds.

Seeing you liberals fact so desperately is entertaining. Hillary is going to have a hard time no matter who her opponent is and if it's Rubio, he's going to kick her worthless trashy ass until her nose bleeds.
Brilliant analysis Weasel. Just fucking brilliant! Were you up all night composing that piece of gibberish?

Brilliant analysis Weasel. Just fucking brilliant! Were you up all night composing that piece of gibberish?
Ah, looked who popped the dildo out of his ass to join us.

Is it just a matter of experience? I don't think so. You have to consider what these people stand for. You have to think about what a Rubio presidency would mean for the future of America. I have reason to believe that it would be devastating, Please read my post #19. Yes, Rubio would be a formidable opponent because people just listen to flowery rhetoric and see the fresh young face and fail to actually think about the meaning of the words.( Or, they actually want to have an oligarchy and a theocracy.)

Back when I was doing printing for a living one of my jobs was to talk to salesmen about outsourcing some of the color work. At the time, we didn't have 4 color process and we would send that work off location. Most were decent folks but every now and then we would get a cold call and I would talk to them about so many impressions per month we would contract out (you didn't want to negotiate it per job unless you had time to do that which we didn't). I swear, the guy would sit at one of the two chairs in front of my desk with his right leg crossed over his left and his padfolio on his knee and the calculator would be just a buzzing. From time to time, you'd see them swallow hard and cock their head painfully. I could tell that he wasn't calculating anything about our deal but his personal commission and how many more sales he'd have to bring in if I inked the deal. Then you could almost hear the add-ons. "We'd be happy to give you that price if you would also let us supply the paper" then "Its easier for you since you won't have to send a driver to our shop with a pallet or two of paper." and "We don't bill you for set up so you're not wasting any stock." This would increase his commission of course.

Rubio looks constantly to me like he's doing a calculation in his head about how whatever is going on benefits him personally. It's not all together a bad thing but I'm not sure its presidential.

Just make sure you're here election night.

Rubio would be great, maybe my top pick. He's young but older than JFK was.

JFK was nearly as amateurish as Obama, but his assassination (and Jackie's Camelot BS) saved his reputation. Rubio would be a great VP choice, but we don't need another OJT President.

Based on that thinking you must be supporting either Bush, Hillary, or Kasich, any of which are well qualified for the job.

Rubio would be great, maybe my top pick. He's young but older than JFK was.

JFK was nearly as amateurish as Obama, but his assassination (and Jackie's Camelot BS) saved his reputation. Rubio would be a great VP choice, but we don't need another OJT President.

Based on that thinking you must be supporting either Bush, Hillary, or Kasich, any of which are well qualified for the job.
Rubio or Kasich would be great. And together they can beat Hillary.

Forum List

Back