Rubio’s Initiation

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Marco Rubio better keep an eye on John McCain, too:

Appearing on the "Laura Ingraham Show" on Monday, Santorum was asked what advice he'd dispense to Rubio for working with Sens. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), two of the leading Democratic negotiators.

“That’s a very dangerous group you’re playing with.” Santorum said. “These are folks who do not have the interest of finding a bipartisan solution.”

XXXXX

“I’ve never, never, in twelve years of working with those guys found them to be interested in anything that smacks of anything but capitulation on our side, and if not, [expect] demonization if they don’t get their way," Santorum said. "So be very careful.”

Santorum warns Rubio to 'be very careful' of Durbin, Schumer on immigration
By Justin Sink - 02/04/13 11:16 AM ET

Santorum warns Rubio to 'be very careful' of Durbin, Schumer on immigration - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

It’s sounds to me like Rubio has been suckered into an edited version of the crap McCain and Bush the Younger were pushing in 2007. For a guy who is supposed to be so smart one has to ask why? One might answer that Rubio has been dazzled by star-power. One might also answer it’s an initiation ritual. The Gang of Seven shafts the new guy before he gets membership in the club.

Bottom line: A huge majority of LAW-ABIDING Americans do not support amnesty of any kind. It’s no different today than it was in 2007.

Incidentally former Senator Santorum was only partially correct. He should have advised Rubio to NEVER TAKE A DEMOCRAT’S WORD FOR ANYTHING.

At the same time Democrats lie about wanting immigration reform they are pushing hard to make sure illegal aliens vote:

WASHINGTON — With studies suggesting that long lines at the polls cost Democrats hundreds of thousands of votes in November, party leaders are beginning a push to make voting and voter registration easier, setting up a likely new conflict with Republicans over a deeply polarizing issue.

Waiting Times at Ballot Boxes Draw Scrutiny
By JEREMY W. PETERS
Published: February 4, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/u...raw-scrutiny.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&

Frankly, I don’t believe long lines hurt Democrats, while long lines apparently dissuaded Republicans in those 59 precincts in Philadelphia and 9 in Ohio where Romney did not get a single vote. Nor did long lines in Florida lose any Democrats for Hussein. Those lines must have been very long indeed since more ballots were cast than there were voters.

Let me close with my advice to Rubio and every Republican. READ THE INS REPORT CITED IN THIS ARTICLE:

Secret INS report: Shocking details on amnesty
Unreleased document assembled during Clinton era
Published: 12 hours ago
by ALBERT THOMPSON

Secret INS report: Shocking details on amnesty

My doubts about Marco Rubio began long before the illegal immigration issue resurfaced. Way back when he was in the running for vice president I said this:

It goes without saying that I would never vote for a Democrat. At this point I am sure of two things regarding Republicans:

1. I will not vote for Mitt Romney.

2. I will not vote for any Republican ticket that includes Marco Rubio.

My longstanding objection to Rubio is that he is not eligible. Now that I am learning more about him, I can’t say I would vote for him if he was eligible. This excerpt from a piece by Niall Stanage set off my alarm bell:

“Conservatism is not about leaving people behind,” he said. “Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them the tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. And our programs to help them should reflect that.”

Rubio turned his attention to foreign policy last Tuesday, with an address at the Jesse Helms Center in North Carolina. Though the speech assailed the Obama administration, it also put a wide stretch of water between Rubio and the GOP’s paleoconservative wing.

“If we refuse to play our rightful role and shrink from the world, America and the entire world will pay a terrible price,” he insisted.

The man who would be veep
By Niall Stanage - 09/19/11 05:00 AM ET

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/182219-marco-]Rubio: The man who would be veep - The Hillrub io-the-man-who-would-be-veep​

In addition to my natural distrust of any politician who advocates things straight out of the Global Government Manuel, Rubio is a Senator. In case you have not noticed, America is currently being buried by a government run by Senators and the US Senate. Hussein’s administration is a US Senate Administration. So the country does not need another Senator in the #2 spot regardless of how short of a time Rubio has been roosting in that nest of traitors.

As to Rubio’s foreign policy, rah-rah BS, he sounds like Preacher Hussein moralizing about hope and change:

“If we refuse to play our rightful role and shrink from the world, America and the entire world will pay a terrible price,” he insisted.​

Whenever any bum from the US Senate talks about saving the world they usually mean more subservience to the UNIC. Irrespective of who does the moralizing, Democrat or Republican, the American people better start looking elsewhere for leaders. Frankly, three years of Preacher Hussein saving the world is more than enough.

And if Rubio is such a foreign policy hotshot, I’d like to hear his position on the United Nations and its numerous agencies.

On top of Rubio’s apparent negatives from a conservative perspective the MSM is touting SENATOR Rubio for vice president. Remember that it was the MSM that rigged the 2008 election so that a sitting US Senator was going to the White House come hell or high water. Before conservatives line up behind Rubio they should ask themselves how the country is doing under Senate control?

I can’t see that Rubio is any different today than he was when I posted the above on another board. In fact, doubts are spreading:

In Rubio’s case, I predict that if he serves as the front-man for the kind of immigration reform being pushed by liberal Democrats (plus John McCain and Lindsey Graham), he will cease to be “among equals” in terms of party leadership, never mind first among them. I also suspect that liberals like Cillizza are touting Rubio for Party leadership as a reward for his role in pushing for immigration reform that eventually will swell the voting rolls with reliably Democratic votes.

Posted on February 6, 2013 by Paul Mirengoff in Immigration, Marco Rubio
Is Marco Rubio the new darling of the liberal commentariat?

Is Marco Rubio the new darling of the liberal commentariat? | Power Line

Last edited:
The difference is that Rubio is insisting on border enforcement before legalization could begin. Border enforcement doesn't go far enough. Stop illegals from getting benefits. Pass legislation that will have a cut off date after which illegals won't get into schools, get free medical care beyond stabilization and deportation. Stop the benefits, give governors absolute authority to do whatever they deem necessary to stop border crossings and then maybe we can discuss legalization of those here.

The difference is that Rubio is insisting on border enforcement before legalization could begin. Border enforcement doesn't go far enough. Stop illegals from getting benefits. Pass legislation that will have a cut off date after which illegals won't get into schools, get free medical care beyond stabilization and deportation. Stop the benefits, give governors absolute authority to do whatever they deem necessary to stop border crossings and then maybe we can discuss legalization of those here.

To Katzndogz: I agree with your framework, but I can’t get to amnesty for breaking the law. No matter the offense the people who are trying to abolish this country’s sovereignty will find a reason to justify it.

And it really makes me sick to hear the Gang of Eight say “We must find a bipartisan solution to the ‘undocumented immigrant’ problem.” The problem is NOT enforcing the law. Enforce the law and the problem goes away. How does amnesty accomplish that? Indeed, amnesty guarantees the next tidal wave of lawbreakers.

Frankly, if illegals are not going to be deported —— letting them stay here illegally is better than amnesty. After all, they created their own situation when they came here. Deny them access to all government benefits to be sure, but let them live here with the fear of being thrown out rather than give them amnesty so they can vote for Democrats.

Parenthetically, the economic mess created by the welfare state is one more reason Hussein & Company want to give amnesty to a lot more than 11 million illegals. The true number is up around 18 to 20. The entire amnesty scam is now about creating upward pressure on real estate prices, which, in turn, will create a demand for new home construction and so on. If there is one group in this country that wants amnesty more than illegal aliens want it that group is America’s Realtors.

Forum List

Back