RSR has cancer, send your love and prayers here

actually RSR, my Dad was a lifelong FDR democrat, who was great friends with Adlai Stevenson...so, to be living in Bushworld for the last six years of his life was probably a much worse place for him than where he is at now....regardless of where across the river styx he find himself.

Adlai Stevenson - now there was a great man!

Sorry, thread drift.

94 is a bit longer than anyone has a right to expect to live. I would guess that, if he had his druthers, he would have jumped at the chance to die seven or eight years earlier out on a golf course rather than in a bed in a nursing home.

and my father was far from perfect, but that had nothing to do with his politics!

He had a good and long life - now he is enjoying his reward

and I hope you follow in his footsteps

not only in terms of longevity, but in terms of enlightened political philosophy, as well. :rolleyes:

I grew up in a house where on Election day - it was YVD (You Vote Democrat). I cast my first vote for Ronald Regan over Pres Peanut. (so did miliions of others) My day was not happy

He did have my apply for membership to the local Dem party - but I passed the mental test and was rejected

fyi...my father had that exact same surgery in the summer of 1975 when he was 63 years old. He just died in March of this year.

My grandfather had cancer of the stomach at 73. He had it operated on and removed. The doctors told him he'd probably another five years.

He died at 93, of cancer. That's when it resurfaced again. He had a good life after the first operation.

He was a tough old bird. If the cancer hadn't of gotten him, God would have sent a bus.

OK, here is the latest folks. Surgery is set for 10/16 - as long as the Cardioloy people do not have to run more tests

My dr told me he will pull the tumor, the cancer, and appendix. he will decide on the gallbladder based on what he sees.

Hopefully, all will work out and there will be no need for Kemo.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I will beat this and be back ASAP

OK, here is the latest folks. Surgery is set for 10/16 - as long as the Cardioloy people do not have to run more tests

My dr told me he will pull the tumor, the cancer, and appendix. he will decide on the gallbladder based on what he sees.

Hopefully, all will work out and there will be no need for Kemo.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I will beat this and be back ASAP
Just keep hanging on in there, dude. That's all you can do.

Forum List

Back