RSR has cancer, send your love and prayers here

I will ask him tommorrow exactly what it is.

What kind of cancer does he have?

I do know he is taking pain meds, that make him sleepy.

I believe they found a tumor when they did a colonocopy.

I will need to verify that though, and will tommorrow

I want to thank everyone who have expressed words of support. It does mean alot to me

Here is what is going on. About 2 1/2 months ago I started to have severe pain in the lower stomach. It was a severe and sharp pain. I was told it was an inflamed intestine. I was put on a short term disability and given antibiotics

When the pain did not get any better, (I thought it was either a kidney stone or appendicitis) I had a colonoscopy about 2 weeks agol and that is when it was determined I have a 6 inch tumor and colon cancer

I will see the Dr on Wed to set a date for surgery. I will have the tumor, the cancer, part of the colon, my appendix, and gallbladder removed

If the cancer has not penetrated the inner walls, the Dr says surgery has about a 90% recovery rate

I will beat this, and I will be back to posting in November

Thanks again to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers

Onya RSR ("onya" as in "goodonya" - jeez I have to stop watching the Crocodile Dundee DVDs or I'm going to turn into a cliche), good to see you post, now you get in there and get yourself better.

I am not up to posting full time my friend. Even with the pain meds, I still have some serious pain (and it makes me sleepy)

I need to use caution not to become hooked on them. I am going to beat this and I will be back as soon as I can

Have a great day and take care

I am not up to posting full time my friend. Even with the pain meds, I still have some serious pain (and it makes me sleepy)

I need to use caution not to become hooked on them. I am going to beat this and I will be back as soon as I can

Have a great day and take care

Wow. I’m sorry. Though we’ve had our heated disputes and debates, we are still human. You might think of me as a fool, idiot, and a jerk. I don’t know and it doesn’t really matter in the “grand scheme of things”. Anyway, hey, please take care of yourself. Good luck to you buddy (from what is probably the other side of the political spectrum). Stay strong. May whatever you believe in give you peace and strength.

If your body has even a fraction of the tenacity of your messageboard postings I have faith that you'll get back into the swing of things in no time. I hope the best for you, dude.

I want to thank everyone who have expressed words of support. It does mean alot to me

Here is what is going on. About 2 1/2 months ago I started to have severe pain in the lower stomach. It was a severe and sharp pain. I was told it was an inflamed intestine. I was put on a short term disability and given antibiotics

When the pain did not get any better, (I thought it was either a kidney stone or appendicitis) I had a colonoscopy about 2 weeks agol and that is when it was determined I have a 6 inch tumor and colon cancer

I will see the Dr on Wed to set a date for surgery. I will have the tumor, the cancer, part of the colon, my appendix, and gallbladder removed

If the cancer has not penetrated the inner walls, the Dr says surgery has about a 90% recovery rate

Sorry to hear that, dude. You most definitely have my wishes for a full recovery. As long as you refuse to yield, it can't beat you.

fyi...my father had that exact same surgery in the summer of 1975 when he was 63 years old. He just died in March of this year.

fyi...my father had that exact same surgery in the summer of 1975 when he was 63 years old. He just died in March of this year.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. MM. He is in a much better place however

By your post, I have 32 years left of pissing off liberals. Damn, if that is enough incentive to beat this, I do not know what is

Sorry to hear about your Dad. MM. He is in a much better place however

By your post, I have 32 years left of pissing off liberals. Damn, if that is enough incentive to beat this, I do not know what is

actually RSR, my Dad was a lifelong FDR democrat, who was great friends with Adlai Stevenson...so, to be living in Bushworld for the last six years of his life was probably a much worse place for him than where he is at now....regardless of where across the river styx he find himself.

actually RSR, my Dad was a lifelong FDR democrat, who was great friends with Adlai Stevenson...so, to be living in Bushworld for the last six years of his life was probably a much worse place for him than where he is at now....regardless of where across the river styx he find himself.

Again, my sympathy on your loss. Your Dad is in a better place and all his physical inpairments are now gone

As far as a life long Dem - well nobody is perfect

You will never know how good it makes me feel to spend nearly a 1/2 hour with your being nearly civil to one another. :feelthelove:

Again, my sympathy on your loss. Your Dad is in a better place and all his physical inpairments are now gone

As far as a life long Dem - well nobody is perfect

94 is a bit longer than anyone has a right to expect to live. I would guess that, if he had his druthers, he would have jumped at the chance to die seven or eight years earlier out on a golf course rather than in a bed in a nursing home.

and my father was far from perfect, but that had nothing to do with his politics!

Forum List

Back