Roy Moore's Accusers: Why Now?

"Of course it’s not a coincidence that the women came forward just as Moore is seeking election to the Senate — but not in the way Moore means.

Moore has been a controversial figure in American politics for some time but mostly at the edges. His fight to preserve a monument to the Ten Commandments in a state building 15 years ago gained him national attention — but not necessarily national importance. Now, he’s seeking election to the Senate, one of 100 people who make up one half of the legislative branch of government. It’s a much more important fight nationally, and, as a result, has attracted much more attention.

There’s a reason that people with skeletons in their closets are loath to seek elected office: Once they do, the scrutiny that is a natural part of the campaign process threatens to expose those skeletons. This is less true for lower-level elected positions, where there is less media attention and fewer resources. For something like the Senate or the presidency, though, that scrutiny is both intense — and should be expected.

In this case, reporter Stephanie McCrummen was in Alabama as part of The Post’s coverage of the race. She explained the genesis of the story to NPR last week."

Sort of like the Trump accusers....coming forward right before the election

And very much like how Ted Stevens was attacked in Alaska to make way for a Dem Senator.

Right out of the demoquack play book
You mean the Ted Stevens who actually went to trial (indicted) and was found guilty? That Ted Stevens?

Yes, that same Ted Stevens about whom the feds engaged in withholding evidence that most likely would have exonerated him. From one of your favorite sources, NPR:

An extraordinary special investigation by a federal judge has concluded that two Justice Department prosecutors intentionally hid evidence in the case against Sen. Ted Stevens, one of the biggest political corruption cases in recent history.

A blistering report released Thursday found that the government team concealed documents that would have helped the late Stevens, a longtime Republican senator from Alaska, defend himself against false-statements charges in 2008. Stevens lost his Senate seat as the scandal played out, and he died in a plane crash two years later....

And in an ironic twist, note how the chief witness against Stevens was a PEDOPHILE.

The government team also left the jury with a mistaken impression that Allen had been telling authorities all along that Stevens had cooked up a cover story about wanting to pay all the bills. But in fact, the report says, Allen didn't mention that in 55 previous interviews with prosecutors and the FBI — only coming up with the account that helped the Justice Department on the eve of trial.

Finally, the report says, prosecutors should have shared information that might have obliterated Allen's credibility: an explosive allegation that Allen had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl and then asked her to lie about it under oath.

Report: Prosecutors Hid Evidence In Ted Stevens Case
He had a trial...with witnesses and people under oath......are we now in agreement that the same needs to happen to Child-chaser Moore?

Considering that the Feds withheld exonerating evidence that would have helped Stevens, I can see why you would want Moore to get the same treatment.

I haven't heard a single credible explanation for why his accusers decided to come forward after 40 years of silence. Can someone explain this?

P.S. Please spare me about living in fear, repressed memory, PTSD, etc. These women have been adults for a very long time.
You know that info was out there before now and people in Alabama knew various aspects for decades right? All we are hearing now is the WaPost, that was down there for the primaries, picked up on the news that was already being talked about.

Just because YOU are just hearing about it doesn't make it new news.

That is exactly correct. The conspiracy theorist nutbags here will never concede to these facts, however. Fuck em'.

I haven't heard a single credible explanation for why his accusers decided to come forward after 40 years of silence. Can someone explain this?

P.S. Please spare me about living in fear, repressed memory, PTSD, etc. These women have been adults for a very long time.

Well hell, it's not easy finding someone to pay big money for lying.
How much money has been paid? And from what source?

We may never know.

Because over the last few weeks people have been urged to come forward. Also, because this child rapist had never run for national office before.
and of course, he's not accused of rape even now.

There are some lies people just won't tell. Being raped is one of them. Gloria Allred is going to have to find a black liar to make the next accusation.

And very much like how Ted Stevens was attacked in Alaska to make way for a Dem Senator.

You mean the Ted Stevens who actually went to trial (indicted) and was found guilty? That Ted Stevens?

Yes, that same Ted Stevens about whom the feds engaged in withholding evidence that most likely would have exonerated him. From one of your favorite sources, NPR:

An extraordinary special investigation by a federal judge has concluded that two Justice Department prosecutors intentionally hid evidence in the case against Sen. Ted Stevens, one of the biggest political corruption cases in recent history.

A blistering report released Thursday found that the government team concealed documents that would have helped the late Stevens, a longtime Republican senator from Alaska, defend himself against false-statements charges in 2008. Stevens lost his Senate seat as the scandal played out, and he died in a plane crash two years later....

And in an ironic twist, note how the chief witness against Stevens was a PEDOPHILE.

The government team also left the jury with a mistaken impression that Allen had been telling authorities all along that Stevens had cooked up a cover story about wanting to pay all the bills. But in fact, the report says, Allen didn't mention that in 55 previous interviews with prosecutors and the FBI — only coming up with the account that helped the Justice Department on the eve of trial.

Finally, the report says, prosecutors should have shared information that might have obliterated Allen's credibility: an explosive allegation that Allen had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl and then asked her to lie about it under oath.

He had a trial...with witnesses and people under oath......are we now in agreement that the same needs to happen to Child-chaser Moore?

Considering that the Feds withheld exonerating evidence that would have helped Stevens, I can see why you would want Moore to get the same treatment.
You mean the same treatment as to having a trial where both he and his accusers are under oath and evidence is looked for by investigating authorities (i.e. the validity of Moore's handwriting in the yearbook)......Yes.

Because over the last few weeks people have been urged to come forward. Also, because this child rapist had never run for national office before.

There are some lies people just won't tell. Being raped is one of them. Gloria Allred is going to have to find a black liar to make the next accusation.
Fascinating.....now race enters the picture.

You mean the same treatment as to having a trial where both he and his accusers are under oath and evidence is looked for by investigating authorities (i.e. the validity of Moore's handwriting in the yearbook)......Yes.

I'm perfectly fine with following actual due process in Moore's case. It's what I have said all along.

At this point, however, it's too late. The political damage has been done, which was the agenda all along.

Yes another common defense by the Trump retards is that all Roy Moore did was makeout with and feel up the children, and that’s perfectly okay. The party of family values :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly fine with following actual due process in Moore's case. It's what I have said all along.

At this point, however, it's too late. The political damage has been done, which was the agenda all along.
This is "political damage" for Alabama GOPrs? Are you kidding? It's a badge of honor for them.

I don't know their reasons for coming forward but it is obvious why they stayed silent for so long. They are being trashed by Moore's supporters and likely the statute of limitations for any crimes ran out long ago so they had little to gain and much to lose.

Yes another common defense by the Trump retards is that all Roy Moore did was makeout with and feel up the children, and that’s perfectly okay. The party of family values :rolleyes:
I expect him to win in Alabama....because.....Alabama.

This is "political damage" for Alabama GOPrs? Are you kidding? It's a badge of honor for them.

That's a stupid comment, even for you. Get back to your Kevin Spacey worship.

The election, you're welcome.

trump said he was going to' sue his accusers after the election'.

ummmmmmmmm ............

still waiting.....................

Forum List

Back