Roundup-Resistant Weeds Evolve

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
U.S. Farmers Cope With Roundup-Resistant Weeds - NYTimes.com

weedmap10.png

The mass-use of Roundup on genetically-engineered crops has forced the evolution of Roundup resistance among native plant populations, thus ruining the ability of the herbicide to protect the fields. Over 10 species of plants have evolved resistance to our (formerly) most effective herbicide.

This will cause food prices to continue to increase.

Last edited:

weedmap10.png

The mass-use of Roundup on genetically-engineered soybean plants has forced the evolution of Roundup resistance among native plant populations, thus ruining the ability of the herbicide to protect crops. Over 10 species of plants have evolved resistance to our (formerly) most effective herbicide.

Thank you scientists ! :lol:

weedmap10.png

The mass-use of Roundup on genetically-engineered soybean plants has forced the evolution of Roundup resistance among native plant populations, thus ruining the ability of the herbicide to protect crops. Over 10 species of plants have evolved resistance to our (formerly) most effective herbicide.

My question...

Who the fuck eats soybeans?

(Besides EZ)

weedmap10.png

Thank you scientists ! :lol:

You mean the scientists overused this product?

My question...

Who the fuck eats soybeans?

(Besides EZ)
If you eat any pre-packaged foods, you do.

Soybean is the cheapest, and most common, cooking oil in the world. 50% of all vegetable oil produced comes from soybeans.

Sad to say but it is a natural evolution. Mass use of antibiotics have led to resistant bacteria as well.

You evolutionists and darwinists just don't get it

God was tired of people destroying his creation, so he designed a weed to piss you off

as for the soy comment - this stuff is yummy

97-milk-silk-vanilla.jpg

We sure as heck have Roundup resistant stuff in our yard. I dig it out with a tool that resembles a tire tool thingee.

I would be happy though if any of you could give me some non threatening way to convince my spouse that Roundup on the new seedlings in the flower bed is not a good idea.

weedmap10.png

The mass-use of Roundup on genetically-engineered crops has forced the evolution of Roundup resistance among native plant populations, thus ruining the ability of the herbicide to protect the fields. Over 10 species of plants have evolved resistance to our (formerly) most effective herbicide.

One word MONSANTO...

Creators of DDT, Bovine Growth hormone, round-up, and one of the largest genetically engineered seed and plant producers on the planet. They are the kind of company that give weight to many liberals claims about "Evil" corporations... THey are truly a dangerous company...... Read all you can find on them and especially there huge number of patents on flora.... Truly frightening....

We sure as heck have Roundup resistant stuff in our yard. I dig it out with a tool that resembles a tire tool thingee.

I would be happy though if any of you could give me some non threatening way to convince my spouse that Roundup on the new seedlings in the flower bed is not a good idea.
You could exaggerate slightly and suggest that spraying the seedlings will mutate them into man-eating monsters.

:D

You could exaggerate slightly and suggest that spraying the seedlings will mutate them into man-eating monsters.

:D

Naw, I've used that one too much and he's on to me. Got anything else?

Have you suggested that he is forcing the evolution of super-weeds that are overwhelming our crops and increasing the cost of food across the globe?

Increase cost of food = more starvation

Have you suggested that he is forcing the evolution of super-weeds that are overwhelming our crops and increasing the cost of food across the globe?

Well, he's sort of trying to lose weight so he might see less food as a good thing for awhile, but I guess it's worth a while.

Be sure to check in at the USMB Coffee Shop at some point. We're trying to get all the good folks there.

Well, he's sort of trying to lose weight so he might see less food as a good thing for awhile, but I guess it's worth a while.

Be sure to check in at the USMB Coffee Shop at some point. We're trying to get all the good folks there.

Well you could tell him that farms who use round-up are only allowed to use round-up on round-up ready plants and seeds if they want to be under the guarantee of effectiveness Monsanto provides. THey say its to ensure maximum effectiveness, but I don't know sounds fishy to me... THey brought us DDT and bovine growth hormone so i tend to not trust them so much..

Forum List

Back