Roundup main ingredient Glyphosate

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by RodISHI, Mar 18, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    "Roundup Ready" for what? Who is rounding up the a cash cow at the expense of everyone's health and land? I spent the day searching through each and every ingredient, piece of information, reports and studies today on Glyphosate (there is a new name for it comin out as it morphs into a different but the same product). I'm not a scientist but it really does not seem that hard to understand that gold cyanide left overs and all the other made up blended in ingredients just are not healthy for animal or people. And did you know that agribiz can file for an exception to go over the limits on pesticides, herbicides and fungicides in your veggies, grain products, meat, eggs and milk products? I realized that big chemical companies, industrial companies and sewage facilities did this sometimes but I had no idea that EPA would grant leniency on stuff that actually grows into the food.

Glyphosate products were a big deal when Starlink corn came out until people started learning that the corn caused all types of health problems including cancer and birth defects.

2. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Fuck off loser, you can't even make your own argument, just copy/paste nonsense. Get a life, stop spamming us with your anti science bullshit, and stop using all the technology gained from science

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Tsk, tsk, I can copy and paste from my own site and don't even have to put in the links. Cool stuff, eh?

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    EPA continues a review of requirement for listing inert ingredients on pesticides, fungicides and herbicides. In August of 2006 the Northwest Coalition Of Pesticide Alternatives filed a petition with EPA for Rulemaking to coincide with the Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodentcide Act (FIFRA) 7 U.S.C. - 136w and the Administrative Procedure Act, 5 U.S.C. - 553(e). Petitioners request was that EPA issue a determination within 60 days of the filing to amend its labeling regulations, 40 C.F.R. - 156.10, to require that pesticide product labels clearly list any inert ingredients that EPA regulates as a hazardous chemical under other statutory provisions..... The request goes into specifics for promulgating EPA rules to match with health and safety standards that are in any other EPA requirements. That sounds reasonable to me. I mean who in the world wants pesticide and herbicide ingredients in their food products? Legislation has been placed to protect the public from dangers and if you do not know what is being grown into and put on your food in the fields you cannot avoid these extreme health hazards.
    http://www.epa.gov/opprd001/inerts/petition_ncap.pdfEPA does not currently identify inert ingredients on pesticide labels

Pesticide manufacturers often claim as confidential the identities of inert ingredients in their products. Federal confidentiality regulations (40 CFR part 2, subpart B) require EPA to protect information claimed as confidential by companies. One exception is when EPA provides inert ingredient information to medical professionals treating persons in connection with exposure to a pesticide [FIFRA § 12(a)(2)(D) Exit EPA disclaimer ].[/QUOTE]

I am going to write EPA and ask the about this. I am unsure why companies can use products that they have morphed into the various names over the years and are being used as inert ingredients that are clearly not healthy for the environment and would be illegal to dump anywhere in the US except for a farmers field under the auspice of being a herbicide, fungicide or pesticide.
    I'm wondering if "stakeholders" are the final consumers or if that phrase only includes "industry". It also makes me wonder if EPA like FDA considers "industry our customer".
    September 2009 EPA responds to the petitioner (1) and the State petitioner (3). EPA agrees with petitioner (1) that the public should have a means to learn the identities of hazardous inert ingredients. Then EPA talks about how "transparency could lead to better informed decision-making...." Cool stuff as I read along here EPA agrees with NCAP that a product by product and case by case basis should be performed for labeling requirements.

EPA, can choose to require labeling but it does not say specifically that they will require all inert ingredients be listed in pesticides. This may be a sticker because EPA first has to determine if they can legally require a manufacturer to list specific product ingredients. Looks to me like these chemical companies have been playing the system way too long and getting away with morphing from one issue and one product line into another to try to stay ahead of the petitioners asking for legal notification to prevent the poisoning of the general public via the chemical manufacturers products.

EPA goes on to say in its response that it "is not committing and legally cannot commit, to any particular outcome for rulemaking." I want to say her what a bunch of whimps. If EPA can't protect the public from these chemical companies who the heck can? While the chemical companies have jacked around in the system millions of people have been affected negatively and their health suffers and the poor unsuspecting public has no clue as to what is happening to them. They don't know that their food and water is contaminated with this crap. Farmers have been told the stuff is safe and even most of them know better than that but these giants have such a foothold on Agribiz they have very little choice but to accept what is approved by our government!
    http://www.epa.gov/opprd001/inerts/petitionresponse.pdf
    http://www.epa.gov/opprd001/inerts/petition_states.pdf
    While everyone is pussy foot around this issue the makers of Glyphosate are morphing once again into another chemical product line and renaming the chemicals to keep ahead of the public and rule making. They are removing any trace of the ingredients in the products by renaming the chemicals so people cannot search them out and expose them for what they truly are.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    "Iminodiaceticacid is identified as probable, possible or confirmed human carcinogen by IARC."

Ok which is it?

Cell phones and high power lines seem to occupy the same category

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Rulemaking Underway Related to Disclosure of All Pesticide Ingredients
    Quick Resources

* Inert Ingredients Permitted in Pesticide Products
    * Reassessment Status List
    PV Shah, Branch Chief XXXXXXX,
    XXXXXXX

EPA is seeking comment on options for increasing public disclosure of all inert ingredients in pesticides registered under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). EPA’s Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) published in the Federal Register on December 23, 2009, and is available in the Public Docket (docket ID EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0635). EPA received and granted two requests, from Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment and Sygenta Crop Protection, for a 90-day extension of the comment period from February 22, 2010, to April 23, 2010. For further information: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-3415.pdf

7. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Yup, just what I expected Rodishi would answer, copy and paste more irrelevant bullshit. WTF is you problem Rodishi, you even have a clue about anything you copy and paste? Doesn't appear so

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Where's your concern for the planet? The environment?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I support full disclosure on pesticides, food products, etc.
    Full contents and country of origin, etc.

I want to know where all the fresh foods were grown that I buy.

10. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Cell phones and high power lines are not planted where they can be carried in runoff into the water ways. From what I have been reading so far it appears that studies sometimes can be led away from the subject that needs to be addressed first. Certain chemicals have always been known carcinogens. Iminodiaceticacid is a compound mixture of known carcinogenic compounds.

Due to the fact that certain posters have brought attention to my uneducated status and have labeled me as an idiot I feel that there may be others more capable than me to form an opinion which will more effectively pave the way for these matters to be more discreetly looked into. I am trying to help others gather the information that are more capable of disseminating this information by those who are more educated and are not "idiots" or "losers" like me.

Variations of labels or names on the ingredients depend on the manufacturer which the provider secures the 'Glyphosate' to make their final product before it hits the market. Same basic chemical compounds different names.