ROTFLMFAO...Bloomberg apologizes after critics say his calling Booker 'well spoken' was racist!!!!!

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg apologized Friday after calling fellow 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) “well spoken," a phrase which critics have said has racist undertones.

While discussing his 2020 competitors with CBS’s Gayle King in an interview that aired Friday morning, Bloomberg said, “Cory Booker endorsed me a number of times, and I endorsed Cory Booker a number of times. He’s very well spoken, he’s got some good ideas.”

Bloomberg added that in regards to the candidate pool, “it would be better the more diverse any group is, but the public is out there picking and choosing and narrowing down this field.”

Many criticized Bloomberg’s remark towards Booker as a racist slight commenting on the candidate’s intelligence.

Booker said he was “taken aback” by Bloomberg’s comment.

“It’s sort of stunning at times that we are still revisiting these sort of tired tropes or the language we have out there that I don’t think folks understand,” Booker said in a radio interview that he shared on Twitter. “The fact that they don’t understand is problematic.”

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Perhaps if Doomberg would have told the truth....Booker is a snot nosed kid that is riding this racist bullshit for all that it is worth (after all look how well it worked for the Obomanation!) and milking whatever and whoever he can to DONATE to his losing campaign, but whatever is left before He pulls the plug, can be used as a huge LONE MACHINE until his next run for something...anything!

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg apologized Friday after calling fellow 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) “well spoken," a phrase which critics have said has racist undertones.

While discussing his 2020 competitors with CBS’s Gayle King in an interview that aired Friday morning, Bloomberg said, “Cory Booker endorsed me a number of times, and I endorsed Cory Booker a number of times. He’s very well spoken, he’s got some good ideas.”

Bloomberg added that in regards to the candidate pool, “it would be better the more diverse any group is, but the public is out there picking and choosing and narrowing down this field.”

Many criticized Bloomberg’s remark towards Booker as a racist slight commenting on the candidate’s intelligence.

“It’s sort of stunning at times that we are still revisiting these sort of tired tropes or the language we have out there that I don’t think folks understand,” Booker said in a radio interview that he shared on Twitter. “The fact that they don’t understand is problematic.”

SNIP

Perhaps if Doomberg would have told the truth....Booker is a snot nosed kid that is riding this racist bullshit for all that it is worth (after all look how well it worked for the Obomanation!) and milking whatever and whoever he can to DONATE to his losing campaign, but whatever is left before He pulls the plug, can be used as a huge LONE MACHINE until his next run for something...anything!
Hilarious! The Left is starting to eat its own now, which is very funny to see.

SNIP

Hilarious! The Left is starting to eat its own now, which is very funny to see.

I don't understand why good old Mike who has had his balls twisted so badly by another New York BILLIONAIRE just doesn't BUY the entire DemonRAT PARTY!....Latest estimates show old Doomberg is worth $59 BILLION....surely giving each DemonRAT in elected positions, say $10 million (Yes, I am positive just about EVERYONE of those corrupt, in it for themselves, scum could be bought off that cheaply) and give them their marching orders everyday is certainly easier and less infuriating than "HAVING TO SAY I AM SORRY!!!"

Forum List

Back