Roseanne Gets Her Revenge

My favorite comedic author that got banned was Samuel Clemens. He shocked people and was open and mocked people's attitudes but then he became popular. He used words that offended people, too, Topical and yet timeless. Sticks and stones...

You trying to compare Roseanne to Mark Twain? Wow.
MaryL did the comparison very well. Note: her comparison was not about talent.

The exec who canned Roseanne is getting canned herself. Another sacrifice to the god of PC.

Channing Dungey, the ABC Entertainment president who made the bold decision to yank Roseanne after its star made a racist tweet, has resigned her post.

Dungey will be replaced by Karey Burke, the current head of programming at Freeform, ABC’s sister cable network.

“I’m incredibly proud of what the team and I have accomplished over the years, and all the meaningful and impactful programming we’ve developed,” Dungey said in a statement. “This job has been the highlight of my career. While I’ve loved every moment and knew I could call ABC home for many years to come, I’m excited to tackle new challenges.”

It was Dungey who announced the cancellation of Roseanne after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” she said at the time.
You lied about her being canned. She resigned. And the new president will not bring Roseanne back.

Good riddance! Political correctness should always be punished because it is like the dumbest thing on the planet.

The exec who canned Roseanne is getting canned herself. Another sacrifice to the god of PC.

Channing Dungey, the ABC Entertainment president who made the bold decision to yank Roseanne after its star made a racist tweet, has resigned her post.

Dungey will be replaced by Karey Burke, the current head of programming at Freeform, ABC’s sister cable network.

“I’m incredibly proud of what the team and I have accomplished over the years, and all the meaningful and impactful programming we’ve developed,” Dungey said in a statement. “This job has been the highlight of my career. While I’ve loved every moment and knew I could call ABC home for many years to come, I’m excited to tackle new challenges.”

It was Dungey who announced the cancellation of Roseanne after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” she said at the time.
Here's more context burying this thread deeper into the garbage category;
Sources close to the situation emphasized that the decision to depart ABC was entirely Dungey’s. She is known to have had a close relationship with Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger who is said to have assured her that she would have a place at ABC or Disney in the post-Fox realignment. Dungey has expressed a desire to be closer to the production process, having come up at ABC through the studio side.
How ABC Pulled Off a Stealth Transition for Channing Dungey and Karey Burke

Good riddance! Political correctness should always be punished because it is like the dumbest thing on the planet.

The OP is a lie

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
And this thread should be in the Media forum.
When I posted Donald Trump’s Acosta fail, the thread was moved in just a few minutes.

The OP is a lie

And this thread should be in the Media forum.
When I posted Donald Trump’s Acosta fail, the thread was moved in just a few minutes.

It should be in the Conspiracy Theory forum

The executive made a financially imprudent decision and then leaves the company.

Just like a rich executive. She doesn’t pay her fair share of taxes.

Why is she leaving again?

What's all this about Political Correctness and having dissed a Liberal or something?

Perhaps I missed something in the OP's article.

Why is she leaving again?

What's all this about Political Correctness and having dissed a Liberal or something?

Perhaps I missed something in the OP's article.

She is moving on to new opportunities. The Network asked her to stay and offered her a new contract, her's ended in Jan.

She choose not to stay.

The OP took this to mean that she was fired because she dumped fat ass Roseanne.

This is because the OP is a sad little man living a sad little life and he needs this sort of shit to be true so he can justify his existence in this world

The show probably would have been one of the biggest shows ever had they kept her on.
Is not that the Network who kicked Last man Standing off the air. ?

I never subscribed to the theory that Last Man Standing was canceled for political reasons, and if anything Roseanne is proof of that. Why would they cancel a show for having conservative leanings only to pick up Roseanne and specifically market it as "Roseanne with conservative leanings"?

She is leaving on good terms and might be following Shonda Rhymes and Kenya Barris to Netflix for a much better job. Roseann is still a stupid out of work racist. She might get revenge at some point, but this ain't it.
Total fucking bullshit. She's getting the boot because she placed PC above the bottom line.

And you know this how?
I know this because I have a brain. She's getting canned right when ratings for "The Conners" are going into the toilet.

Got it. Straight from your imagination.

She is leaving on good terms and might be following Shonda Rhymes and Kenya Barris to Netflix for a much better job. Roseann is still a stupid out of work racist. She might get revenge at some point, but this ain't it.

Sort of in the same way Conan O'Brien got revenge when Jay Leno finally retired....

What you really have to wonder is this; are these people's lives so devoid of joy of their own making they have to try to manufacture things like this to be happy about?
IKR? It clearly says she resigned and in the OPs rabid mind that means she got canned. :laughing0301:
Oh, but when Jeff Sessions says he resigned, it means he got fired, is that right, snowflake?

It means he resigned at the president's request. It wasn't Session's idea. You didn't read the first sentence of his resignation letter?

And?

Sort of in the same way Conan O'Brien got revenge when Jay Leno finally retired....

What you really have to wonder is this; are these people's lives so devoid of joy of their own making they have to try to manufacture things like this to be happy about?
IKR? It clearly says she resigned and in the OPs rabid mind that means she got canned. :laughing0301:
Oh, but when Jeff Sessions says he resigned, it means he got fired, is that right, snowflake?
What does Jeff Session have to do with Roseanne or this lady that resigned dumbass? :laugh:

It says she resigned idiot. You even have it in your OP. :laugh:

She has no job to go to, idiot, which means she was given the option of resigning or being fired, which is the same thing as being fired. Like a dumbass you believe the cover story and parrot it back to us.
Of course she has no job. She has a career. Thats why she left to tackle new things. "I’m excited to tackle new challenges."

Until you can show me someone fired her I'm just going to have to keep laughing at you and your wet dream that she was fired.
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back