Roseanne Gets Her Revenge

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The exec who canned Roseanne is getting canned herself. Another sacrifice to the god of PC.

Channing Dungey, the ABC Entertainment president who made the bold decision to yank Roseanne after its star made a racist tweet, has resigned her post.

Dungey will be replaced by Karey Burke, the current head of programming at Freeform, ABC’s sister cable network.

“I’m incredibly proud of what the team and I have accomplished over the years, and all the meaningful and impactful programming we’ve developed,” Dungey said in a statement. “This job has been the highlight of my career. While I’ve loved every moment and knew I could call ABC home for many years to come, I’m excited to tackle new challenges.”

It was Dungey who announced the cancellation of Roseanne after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” she said at the time.

Sorry bout that,

1. Oh the humanity!
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!
  3. She is funny,hope she gets a new show, don't even remember what she said, but she deserves a second chance.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Roseanne is a ****. That said, it is satisfying to see those clowns buckle under their own political correctness

The exec who canned Roseanne is getting canned herself. Another sacrifice to the god of PC.

Channing Dungey, the ABC Entertainment president who made the bold decision to yank Roseanne after its star made a racist tweet, has resigned her post.

Dungey will be replaced by Karey Burke, the current head of programming at Freeform, ABC’s sister cable network.

“I’m incredibly proud of what the team and I have accomplished over the years, and all the meaningful and impactful programming we’ve developed,” Dungey said in a statement. “This job has been the highlight of my career. While I’ve loved every moment and knew I could call ABC home for many years to come, I’m excited to tackle new challenges.”

It was Dungey who announced the cancellation of Roseanne after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” she said at the time.

We have been saying that..

It's like hello Larry.

The show probably would have been one of the biggest shows ever had they kept her on.

No doubt she is coming back....the stockholders at ABC were pissed big time.

Sorry bout that,

1. So she said something derogatory about a liberal.
  2. Oh how dare her!
  3. From the standpoint of being a Republican in Hollyweird its a huge hurdle to clear.
  4. Blacklisting is what Hollyweird folks thrive on.
  5. Either you're a libturd like them who wants to kill babies of your OUT!
  6. Yes it really is that simple.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

She is leaving on good terms and might be following Shonda Rhymes and Kenya Barris to Netflix for a much better job. Roseann is still a stupid out of work racist. She might get revenge at some point, but this ain't it.

I never liked Rosanne then or now. Didn't want her brought back, but it's like Megan Kelly, not sure what they did that was so bad as to be put on this modern blacklist either. Popular opinion is so fickle and meaningless. Freekin' Morons.

She is leaving on good terms and might be following Shonda Rhymes and Kenya Barris to Netflix for a much better job. Roseann is still a stupid out of work racist. She might get revenge at some point, but this ain't it.
Total fucking bullshit. She's getting the boot because she placed PC above the bottom line.

Total fucking bullshit. She's getting the boot because she placed PC above the bottom line.

And you know this how?

My favorite comedic author that got banned was Samuel Clemens. He shocked people and was open and mocked people's attitudes but then he became popular. He used words that offended people, too, Topical and yet timeless. Sticks and stones...I hate to think what Mark Twain would have posted on twitter with a belt of bourbon under his belt..

My favorite comedic author that got banned was Samuel Clemens. He shocked people and was open and mocked people's attitudes but then he became popular. He used words that offended people, too, Topical and yet timeless. Sticks and stones...

You trying to compare Roseanne to Mark Twain? Wow.

It says she resigned idiot. You even have it in your OP. :laugh:

Sort of in the same way Conan O'Brien got revenge when Jay Leno finally retired....

What you really have to wonder is this; are these people's lives so devoid of joy of their own making they have to try to manufacture things like this to be happy about?

Sort of in the same way Conan O'Brien got revenge when Jay Leno finally retired....

What you really have to wonder is this; are these people's lives so devoid of joy of their own making they have to try to manufacture things like this to be happy about?
IKR? It clearly says she resigned and in the OPs rabid mind that means she got canned. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back