Roosevelt: Stupidity or Mendacity?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Today it will be proven....proven....that FDR knew the correct way the recession should be dealt with....yet he chose to do the opposite, causing and extending a Depression.
Proven.
Why he did so remains to be answered.

1. The hagiography and idol-worship leaves out all understanding of his times...and what he actually said and did. So...here I am to save the day!

2. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."
FDR?s Commonwealth Club Address

3.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as major a recession in about one year.

Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time."
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Get that? He knew the economic history.

a. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true."
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

Can we let that sink in?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt...budget wonk....balance the budget....stop the deficits....do what Republican Harding did!!!
I think I have the vapors!

What a good fiscal conservative this guy would have been!!
Then he was elected....a fatal development.

Know what 'mendacity' means?

Take a moment....look it up.
I'll be back.

FDR was also known to barbecue poor orphan babies at Roosevelt family picnics.

Last edited:
FDR was a psychopath who thought he could direct the US economy from his office in DC like his Uncle Joe was doing in the USSR

FDR Depression was worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

FDR was also known to barbecue poor orphan babies at Roosevelt family picnics.

A post as useful as a mint-flavored suppository....usually from our pal reggie.

This is the sort of attempted obfuscation one has grown to expect from mind-dead FDR-acolytes, who feel the need to defend the man, but have no answer to the facts presented.

aka He campaigned on Lies and the distortion of the truth.

We are seeing the same today, as they Lie their asses off for political power.

WWII brought us out of the Depression........and FDR would never let a good crisis go to waste before that.

If there had been no Depression, or WWII he would have been nobody in history. Same as Wilson.

I think my post pretty much sums up the quality and intellectual level of these types of threads.

Has anybody told you people FDR is dead, and not running for office?

Doesn't anybody want to know what type of BBQ sauce the Roosevelts like on their barbecued babies?

Last edited:
Today it will be proven....proven....that FDR knew the correct way the recession should be dealt with....yet he chose to do the opposite, causing and extending a Depression.
Proven.

1. The hagiography and idol-worship leaves out all understanding of his times...and what he actually said and did. So...here I am to save the day!

2. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."

3.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as major a recession in about one year.

Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time."

a. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true."

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

Can we let that sink in?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt...budget wonk....balance the budget....stop the deficits....do what Republican Harding did!!!

I'll be back.

I do teacher, I do. It's a bit like what we hear from the Ministry of Truth (you are a member, are you not?). You see, when history is revised to fit a current ideology, that is a mendacious act.

FDR was handed a mess, a bit like President Obama. There was no road map to fix what was broken, and those who broke it in both cases didn't want it fixed by the government because those who did the damage still profited from it.

Let's look at one of FDR's many efforts to fix what the conservatives broke/created/ignored and how it benefited the nation:

Rural Electrification

Last edited:
I think my post pretty much sums up the quality and intellectual level of these types of threads.

Doesn't anybody want to know what type of BBQ sauce the Roosevelts like on their barbecued babies?

One thing your post does is reveal your "quality and intellectual level."

Why the deeply ingrained fear of the truth?

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism.
Your motto: 'Onward, rather than correctness or rectitude.'
Rather like a rhinoceros, fitting your cerebral capacities.

Proven.

Can we let that sink in?

I'll be back.

I do teacher, I do. It's a bit like what we hear from the Ministry of Truth (you are a member, are you not?). You see, when history is revised to fit a current ideology, that is a mendacious act.

There was no road map to fix what was broken, and those who broke it in both cases didn't want it fixed by the government because those who did the damage still profited from it.

Let's look at one of FDR's many efforts to fix what the conservatives broke:

Rural Electrification

1. "...the Ministry of Truth (you are a member, are you not?)"

Close.

I am the personification of truth.

2. "...history is revised to fit a current ideology,..."

By all means, apply your flaccid ability and show where I have revised anything but the conclusion?

I have quoted directly from Roosevelt himself. Links supplied.

3. "FDR was handed a mess, a bit like President Obama."

Totally untrue, stupid.

I know this is beyond your ability, but FDR's "Underconsumption explanation" for the recession he inherited, was totally bogus.
Take notes.

In order for the FDR's 'underconsumption thesis' to be true, these criteria must be met:

a. During the 1920s the rich had to be getting a significantly larger proportion of the national income. "... corporate profit resulting from this period was enormous..."

b. Employees must have been receiving a smaller share of corporate income. "... Very little of it went into increased wages; the worker was forgotten,..."

c. Consumers must have been consuming less of the GNP in the late '20s than in 1920. "... there was little or no drop in the prices that the consumer had to pay... The consumer was forgotten....."

Those are Roosevelt's quotes following each lie.

Time to slice and dice the Liberal propaganda.

d. In 1921, the top 5% earned 25.47% of the nation's income...in 1929, the top 5%'s share skyrocketed all the way up to ......26.09%!!!!

e. Corporate profits? They averaged 8.2% from 1900 to 1920. But what about from 1920 to 1929??? They remained at 8.2%.
For those in Rio Linda, that means that there was no upsurge in said profits during the decade.

f. But what about employee wages during the decade of the '20s?? They rose...from 55% to 60% of corporate income.

g. Wait...what about the percentage of GNP that went to consumption? Bet it fell, huh? Wrong.
It rose from 68% in 1920 to 75% in 1927, 1928, and 1929.
"Coolidge and the Historians," by Thomas B. Silver, p.124-136, and Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal," p.34-35

So....while you Leftists fail 'reality 101,' you pass 'indoctrination 101' with flying colors!
You will be awarded your "Reliable Democrat Voter" pin.
Wear it with pride!

4. "There was no road map to fix what was broken,.."
Another lie.

a. America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I,

...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

b. . "The seven years from the autumn of 1922 to the autumn of 1929," wrote Vedder and Gallaway, "were arguably the brightest period in the economic history of the United States.

c. Instead of bailing out failing businesses, expanding government, and redistributing taxpayer money with a "stimulus" plan, Harding responded by cutting spending and removing burdensome regulations and taxes.
As a result, the recession that started in 1920 ended before 1923.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obama_should_channel_harding_n.htm

Obama Should Channel Harding, Not FDR | FreedomWorks

Wow....ripped you a new one....again!

I love when you drop by.

Some people have the capacity to learn from History. You know, look back and say to themselves (and others) "Wow that was pretty stupid. Lets not do THAT again".

Hey! I'm on your side here! Don't you want to know about how FDR would send Stalin barbecued babies through diplomatic pouches, and all the secret flights to Moscow where the Roosevelts would hang out with Stalin in the torture chambers under the Kremlin and dance and clap to the screams of captured conservative prisoners?

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism.

Was this gibberish an attempt at wit? Are you a Communist disinformation agent like Joe McCarthy was and Crusader Frank is? That's the only explanation possible for trying to cover up the Roosevelt family's cannibalism.

Proven.
He was controlled by Bankers and Lousy Economic Advisers. Just like every US President since.

FDR?s Economic Policies FAILED. But Don?t Take My Word For It, Listen To Obama?s TOP Economic Adviser | Start Thinking Right

Stop trying to make excuses for the megalomaniac.

He didn't coddle business until May 26, 1940 his Fireside Chat signaled a new relationship with business: he would insure their profits, and assuage their fears that he would nationalize their factories.

“…we are calling upon the resources, the efficiency and the ingenuity of the American manufacturers of war material of all kinds -- airplanes and tanks and guns and ships, and all the hundreds of products that go into this material. The Government of the United States itself manufactures few of the implements of war. Private industry will continue to be the source of most of this material, and private industry will have to be speeded up to produce it at the rate and efficiency called for by the needs of the times…. Private industry will have the responsibility of providing the best, speediest and most efficient mass production of which it is capable.” On National Defense - May 26, 1940

Hey! I'm on your side here! Don't you want to know about how FDR would send Stalin barbecued babies through diplomatic pouches, and all the secret flights to Moscow where the Roosevelts would hang out with Stalin in the torture chambers under the Kremlin and dance and clap to the screams of captured conservative prisoners?

Was this gibberish an attempt at wit? Are you a Communist disinformation agent like Joe McCarthy was and Crusader Frank is? That's the only explanation possible for trying to cover up the Roosevelt family's cannibalism.

Your problem was being inarticulate in your first post.

I take no prisoners: shoot first and ask questions later.

Proven.
He was controlled by Bankers and Lousy Economic Advisers. Just like every US President since.

FDR?s Economic Policies FAILED. But Don?t Take My Word For It, Listen To Obama?s TOP Economic Adviser | Start Thinking Right

As far a lousy advisers......he picked them, Tugwell.....Hopkins......they didn't pick him.

And his heroes on economic policy? Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin.

Some people have the capacity to learn from History. You know, look back and say to themselves (and others) "Wow that was pretty stupid. Lets not do THAT again".

SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na1eDvtjPtc]FerFAL: Here's What It Looks Like When Your Country's Economy Collapses - YouTube[/ame]

Doubling of prices in days............
Flying money..............................

The proper title of the OP is: Political Chic: Stupidity and Mendacity and Lies

Doubt it? Just read what she writes

SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA: Argentine Collapse

Hello Shao,
My book, “The Modern Survival Manual” is only available through Amazon. Although shipping can be a bit expensive in some cases ( I assume Australia would be such a case) Amazon does ship world wide.
About your questions,

1) he problem wasn’t finding the food, online or otherwise, the problem was having the money to buy it. During an economic collapse people have very little money, that money doesn’t buy you much thanks to inflation and a lot of people don’t even have jobs. As food and other grocery items keep getting more and more expensive people get to a point where they have problems putting food on the table. First they stop buying beef, then they cant afford chicken, hotdogs, etc, until it gets to a point where a significant amount of people just don’t have enough money to put even a bowl of pasta or rice on the table. Millions go to bed hungry every day. We would all do well to keep that in mind more often.

2) 2) A few months after the economic collapse a few interesting things took place. In the few ponds in parks where ducks used to be found, they quickly went missing. People soon realized how good they tasted and how easy it was to just grab them and go. Some of the more desperate people, they ended up eating dogs, cats, pigeons, even rats. The word got around that cat didn’t taste that bad and in a matter of weeks you just couldn’t find any more stray cats when just a few months earlier they were all over the city. In the country, kids with slingshots and air rifles would go bird hunting so as to bring something home to throw in the pot. Hares became increasingly hard to find and last time I checked they were almost extinct in some areas.
In a large city like Buenos Aires there aren’t many good fishing spots although you always see someone fishing in the coast of River Plate. Along the sea cost and rivers people did go fishing of course and still do (even though the water is highly polluted) , but while it does put some food on the table the reality is that fish doesn’t pay the bills, at least not when caught with a fishing pole, so people would do what they can in terms of work to make some money and then maybe go fishing on weekends, more as a hobby than as a way of putting food on the table.

3) 3) What happens to anyone else in that situation, they lose their homes. Some emergency measures were taken but it only helped a small number of people with mortgages, those with smaller ones, and even then it was just a bit more time to pay, it really didn’t help if you simply had no money coming in to take care of the bills. People would lose their homes, or not be able to keep up with rent and end up moving back with their parents or some other family member or friend. Those were the lucky ones, thousands ended up living on the streets, literally under bridges or in growing shantytowns, full of new homeless people. Don’t ever expect bankers (or their employees in public office) to do you any favors. It simply will not happen.

WWII brought us out of the Depression........and FDR would never let a good crisis go to waste before that.

If there had been no Depression, or WWII he would have been nobody in history. Same as Wilson.

A massive goverment spending program known as WWII brought us out of the depression.

A massive goverment spending program known as WWII brought us out of the depression.

Correct. And why the difference today............

Because they didn't throw the money at real items but BS.........Had they spent completely on actual projects instead of their political sponsors we wouldn't be where we are today.

Forum List

Back