Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while president, son says

Ron jr. isn't a doctor.

What he gains from spreading this speculative sub-amateur medical swill is beyond me.

Most things are beyond you.
Get bent.

What's also beyond me is why the idle musings of someone with no medical background should carry a milligram of credibility, with people not already predisposed to believe it.

My speculation is that the rest of his book is so dreary and uninteresting that he had to throw a little red meat to the haters, to even get that literary turd on the shelves.

Good Lord Ron.. your Dad's dead and your Mom is pretty elderly... leave it alone already. Grow up.

He must be hard up for funds. Most liberal haters are ya know.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Father-100-Ron-Reagan/dp/0670022594"]He's selling a book[/ame]. Liberals eager to have their opinions echoed will reward him for it.

Everyone needs to cease besmirching the image of Ron Reagan right now.

He cannot continue on the path to rightwing sainthood if it is believed that he suffered from dementia while President

Ohh he is doing a book?

In any case I would give his opinion/knowledge on the matter of HIS FATHERS health more credence than yours.

Good Lord Ron.. your Dad's dead and your Mom is pretty elderly... leave it alone already. Grow up.

He must be hard up for funds. Most liberal haters are ya know.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Father-100-Ron-Reagan/dp/0670022594"]He's selling a book[/ame]. Liberals eager to have their opinions echoed will reward him for it.

Interesting, I have never bought one book by a politician.
Or written about politics.
Well I did buy a bible...

He cannot continue on the path to rightwing sainthood if it is believed that he suffered from dementia while President

how about simply appreciating that he was a good president, no need to make this a partisan issue and certaintly no need to bash his mental health

shall we bash the personal shortcomings of all presidents? i highly doubt you take democrat presidents to task....

Michael Reagan slams brother Ron's claim that President Reagan had Alzheimer's while in office

Read more: Michael Reagan slams brother Ron's claim that President Reagan had Alzheimer's while in office

Ronald Reagan's son Michael Reagan slammed his half-brother Ron's recent claim that the Gipper had Alzheimer's during his second term as President, accusing his liberal sibling of stirring up controversy to line his own pockets.

"Ron, my brother, was an embarrassment to his father when he was alive and today he became an embarrassment to his mother," Michael Reagan wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

The elder son, a conservative political commentator whom Reagan adopted during his first marriage, also wrote that his brother "seems to want to sell out his father to sell books."​

how about simply appreciating that he was a good president, no need to make this a partisan issue and certaintly no need to bash his mental health

shall we bash the personal shortcomings of all presidents? i highly doubt you take democrat presidents to task....

Obama sucks, he is a third Bush term.

Clinton was a bit above average, but not outstanding.
Was stupid about women and such though.

And the truth about Reagans altzheimers is not bashing.

they have pills to control those knees jerking Yurt.

Who cares if you besmirch him. I just think it's pretty shitty for this guy to do what he's doing.

Thats' all. Maybe a little respect for his dead father.. or even better, for his live mother?

Who cares if you besmirch him. I just think it's pretty shitty for this guy to do what he's doing.

Thats' all. Maybe a little respect for his dead father.. or even better, for his live mother?

Does anyone even know what " tone" or context that Ron Jr talked about his dads altzheimers?

Or is it just the fact that he talked about it at all?
Altzheimers is a BIG problem folks, several ov you stand an outstanding chance of getting it.
If it is a forbidden subject that does not help the sufferers or their families deal with it.

you literally watch your loved one die a bit at a time, and they realize they are going down as well. Cancer is lots faster and more merciful.

Many victims get violent making caring for them at home impossible, even if not violent they get to requireing full 24 hr care.

It sucks I tell ya.

But I do not want the leader of my country to be suffering from it.
He had my sympathy but should not have been president if he was suffering from altzheimers.

Last edited:

Obama sucks, he is a third Bush term.

Clinton was a bit above average, but not outstanding.
Was stupid about women and such though.

they have pills to control those knees jerking Yurt.

"the truth"....? really....so his son's OPINION is now truth...?

amazing how you believe an opinion is fact when it fits your world view

How do you know it's true?

I do not absolutely and am prepared to revise my stance if proven wrong.
I do however tend to believe Reagans own son before a right wing pundit or pundits parrot.
And I also have some experience with altzheimers. My mother died from it a couple of months ago.

How about proving your right, instead of demanding that you be proven wrong? That's kinda how it works.

Sorry about your Mom, mine died in '04 form dementia, brought on by Alzheimer's. It's an ugly disease.

Does anyone even know what " tone" or context that Ron Jr talked about his dads altzheimers?

Or is it just the fact that he talked about it at all?
Altzheimers is a BIG problem folks, several ov you stand an outstanding chance of getting it.
If it is a forbidden subject that does not help the sufferers or their families deal with it.

you literally watch your loved one die a bit at a time, and they realize they are going down as well. Cancer is lots faster and more merciful.

Honestly? No. However, given he's been shitting on his parents for most of his life, I doubt this is conciliatory. I could be wrong though.

Forum List

Back