Ron Paul

Nearly $5m. So how is he planning on spending that money?

I admittedly don't know the legalities of campaign contribution spending, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't allow for him to go to the Bunny Ranch and secure a round of hookers for his constituents for the night.

Why do you keep asking what he's going to spend it on? He's going to spend it any way possible that will get his name out to potential voters. He doesn't get talked about all day long on the news like Hillary, and now for SOME reason, Huckabee. So he needs MONEY, you know, that green paper that has ALWAYS been the number 1 importance to a viable political campaign?

Just rest assured Kath, that I'm nto a stormfront supporter, I don't like Alex Jones because I think he's blatant disinfo and a fear mongerer, and I couldn't care less whether you are Jewish, black, hindu, etc. I care about human beings that value compassion for others. Selflessness is my number 1 value...and today, I see the selflessness of 10's of thousands of people contributing to a mass awakening of sleeping programmed robots who will take whatever the MSM is spoonfeeding them. I happen to think it's AWESOME, and it's what the founding father's envisioned this country as being.

As a side note, he's at 5.1 right now, and he'll probably break Hillary's fake 1-day total of 6.2, which wasn't even true anyway.

Do you really think it's a plot from white nationalists to fund a racist takeover of this country via Ron Paul? Because that's what I get from your posts, when you keep questioning the sources of his funding, and then alluding to his racist supporters.

How many racists do you think back Giuliani, for instance? How many people who will donate to, and vote for Giuliani, will be doing so because they just hate Muslims? Probably a TON.

If you're going to ponder this type of situation, you ought to open your mind up and consider EVERY candidate's potential negatives.

I admittedly don't know the legalities of campaign contribution spending, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't allow for him to go to the Bunny Ranch and secure a round of hookers for his constituents for the night.

Why do you keep asking what he's going to spend it on? He's going to spend it any way possible that will get his name out to potential voters. He doesn't get talked about all day long on the news like Hillary, and now for SOME reason, Huckabee. So he needs MONEY, you know, that green paper that has ALWAYS been the number 1 importance to a viable political campaign?
Never thought he was doing the Bunny Ranch for action. The reason I keep asking about $$$ is the backers. My concern is that the $$$ can't be siphoned off or used to push their agenda. If the money was being used to push Paul for President, well that's what it's meant for.
Just rest assured Kath, that I'm nto a stormfront supporter, I don't like Alex Jones because I think he's blatant disinfo and a fear mongerer, and I couldn't care less whether you are Jewish, black, hindu, etc. I care about human beings that value compassion for others. Selflessness is my number 1 value...and today, I see the selflessness of 10's of thousands of people contributing to a mass awakening of sleeping programmed robots who will take whatever the MSM is spoonfeeding them. I happen to think it's AWESOME, and it's what the founding father's envisioned this country as being.
Again, this has nothing to do with YOU, I never thought you a stormfront or had a particular view of you at all. On the other hand, since you brought it up, selfishness is not one of the values highly praised by the Founders.
As a side note, he's at 5.1 right now, and he'll probably break Hillary's fake 1-day total of 6.2, which wasn't even true anyway.

Do you really think it's a plot from white nationalists to fund a racist takeover of this country via Ron Paul? Because that's what I get from your posts, when you keep questioning the sources of his funding, and then alluding to his racist supporters.

How many racists do you think back Giuliani, for instance? How many people who will donate to, and vote for Giuliani, will be doing so because they just hate Muslims? Probably a TON.

If you're going to ponder this type of situation, you ought to open your mind up and consider EVERY candidate's potential negatives.
I've no doubt that every candidate has questionable supporters, the difference is numbers and the candidate's decision when and who to disavow. Paul has many, disavows none.

You expect him to shoot himself in the foot? Of course he isnt going to disavow his supporters, he doesn't have that many.

As for what he is going to spend the money on, I'd say a good guess is his campaign.

Ron Paul is an idiot, but your vendetta against him just seems weird.

You expect him to shoot himself in the foot? Of course he isnt going to disavow his supporters, he doesn't have that many.

As for what he is going to spend the money on, I'd say a good guess is his campaign.

Ron Paul is an idiot, but your vendetta against him just seems weird.

As if I care regarding your opinion of me or my 'vendetta'. Personally I see it as asking pertinent questions, you know, like one should in a democratic based government. When a candidate is raising millions of dollars and spending less than half of them, yeah, I question that. You don't? Pity.

As if I care regarding your opinion of me or my 'vendetta'. Personally I see it as asking pertinent questions, you know, like one should in a democratic based government. When a candidate is raising millions of dollars and spending less than half of them, yeah, I question that. You don't? Pity.

Of course you don't care...after all I'm sure you already knew about it, yes? After all you have been here for a while.

And no I don't question it. I don't have strange over-developed focus on minor candidates who won't ever go anywhere. The money will probably be spent on drugs and hookers, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

Well, perhaps he knows he doesn't have a shot in hell at the republican nomination and he's saving the money for a third party candidacy?

On the other hand, since you brought it up, selfishness is not one of the values highly praised by the Founders.

Not selfISHness, selfLESSness, Kath. It's the opposite of selfishness. Go back and re-read.

Ron isn't yet spending all his money because he'e been running a frugal campaign since day 1. Instead of hastily wasting money on something, he's been timing his efforts to make the maximum impact from every dollar he spends. I have no doubt that it will all be spent wisely. With all this new money, look out for a huge AD blitz in the key states, plus some of the later ones like Michigan, NV, NM....CA...

He's obviously got some rich, fierce competition. He's always been a smart man economically, so that aspect of his intelligence is helping him maximize his funds. He knows better than to waste money, which is what the other candidates have definitely been doing. They don't value a dollar, especially with the corporate assurances they have.

Instead of wasting time speculating the potential evil plans Ron has for his money (which the FEC wouldn't let him get away with anyway), why don't you just sit back and see how it plays out?

Do you live in one of the key states? If so, watch out for the AD blitz. If not, then keep on researching. I really do admire your interest in thi whole thing. I do. At least you care enough to look into it, instead of talking shit all day without basic facts.

Trust me when I tell all you Ron Paul dreeamers that Ron Paul does not have a chance in Republican Hell! His vote will also take out Rudy, and introduce only Mitt, or Fred Thompson. Trust me. Ron Paul is too "kookoo" to run as a Republican!

so in other words you prefer Hillary ,,,because Ron Paul is the only candidate that can defeat her...you off handily pronounce the only real candidate as kookoo which in itself makes your statement questionable ,but please elaborate as the candidate leading in donations from active military I'm sure this alleged kookoooness would be of interest to the troops

Ron Paul is simply a thorn in the Republican party. He is not even a republican! Enough said!

Ron Paul is simply a thorn in the Republican party. He is not even a republican! Enough said!

again you just make a statement he is not a Republican without a word as to why. if you you mean he is not a corporate whore like the rest that would be true but thats not what makes a Republican .the reality is the belief in the constitution in small government in tax reform and being against nation building , pro life and anti-gun control makes him the only real Republican in the Field

So the official number from the campaign is 6.026 million.

Hillary's 6.2 was not a true one day record, as it actually spanned over more than a 24 hour period, but the media has never acknowledged that fact, and still reports her total as a "one day" total. Oh well, what can you do.

John Kerry's record was 5.7, and that was on the day he received the nomination, which would mean that the money came from the entire Democratic base.

That's what makes this record for RP so special. He managed to raise this much money before primaries! He's lower in polls because his entire demographic isn't represented properly, based on how the polls are conducted. That much ought to be obvious to people now, considering how much support the man is getting from such a diverse group of supporters. How could "likely GOP voters", which would mean people who voted in the '04 GOP primaries, represent everyone who would possibly support RP?

Kathianne, if you want to know who is donating, just go to his Myspace page, and his facebook page. You will see a lot of the regular old people who are supporting him. Every once in a while, you'll catch a weirdo, but this world is FULL of weirdos...it's certainly not limited to Ron Paul's campaign. I hope if anything, being as how you've been paying so much attention to his campaign lately, that you are able to realize that he's a principled man, with a stern idea. His ideas have never changed throughout his career. He says the same thing today, that he said 25 years ago. That's why people are catching on. It's something DIFFERENT than business and politics as usual. It's the change that people want, but haven't seen in a long time, no matter how radical some people might think it is.

You really ought to spend more time on his message, then on who the various idiots are that support him. Support is support, and you know damn well that no politician is going to alienate any support they have. The only thing that the people of stormfront are going to get out of their support for Ron, should he become president, is no more babysitting of Israel. Israel can defend itself, and should. We would still trade with them though under Ron's policy. We would trade with ANYONE who is willing to be our friend.

The whole "he's not a republican" thing is really losing it's luster these days. It sounds more of a "i'm pissed that my base is picking someone i don't like" thing, than anything else.

Give us all an example of WHY he's not a Republican.

Interesting, reminds me of Jimmy Carter's rise to the presidency, after Johnson/Nixon/Ford, stagflation, inept government, along comes this southern gentleman, telling how he is going to change government. Good Christian man who mobilized the religious for the first time. I voted for him. He inherited the mess Nixon/Ford did to the economy and the Iran mess as well as the oil embargo. Too many messes for one term. He tried but another fantasy followed him, Reagan. Reagan remains a fantasy today.

So what is different today? People are tired of government, the republicans have once again screwed up the economy, as well as started an endless war, so time again for another outsider, another savior. Only this time the savior preaches less government rather than improved government, and votes against everything. Curious combination. Doesn't have a chance in hell but still interesting.

I have said this before, but he is not a true Republican because he is against everyone else in the party! He would fair a lot better if he ran as a Dem but the Dems won't allow him in because he surely won't follow the rules of MoveOn.org, and the ACLU. He cannot win as a Libertarian either.

Things I don't like about him:

He wants to establish Health Savings Accounts (HSA) for everyone. (If one does not work, will they still get one of these accounts? Who will pay for it if so?)

He voted against the Patriot Act
(The Patriot Act has not violated my civil liberties by any means, and the PA has been effective.)

He voted against the Iraq war. (What would he do,...sweet-talk evil?)

I have said this before, but he is not a true Republican because he is against everyone else in the party! He would fair a lot better if he ran as a Dem but the Dems won't allow him in because he surely won't follow the rules of MoveOn.org, and the ACLU. He cannot win as a Libertarian either.

Things I don't like about him:

He wants to establish Health Savings Accounts (HSA) for everyone. (If one does not work, will they still get one of these accounts? Who will pay for it if so?)

He voted against the Patriot Act
(The Patriot Act has not violated my civil liberties by any means, and the PA has been effective.)

He voted against the Iraq war. (What would he do,...sweet-talk evil?)

My heart goes out to you for your reasons why you don't like the man, but that has absolutely ZERO to do with why he's not a republican, as you claim.

And your answer to why he's not a Republican:
he is not a true Republican because he is against everyone else in the party!

Oh, AWESOME reason! Sums it right up!

First of all, it's incorrect. He's not "against" "everyone else" in the party. That's absurd. He disagrees with the other candidates' stance on interventionism, and that's pretty much about it. He's said many times that he's not sure if he could endorse any of the other GOP candidates, unless someone changed their position on intervention. That's it. That's called being principled, something severely lacking in American politics today. As far as the American citizen GOP voters, he's not against ANY of them. He's never said that, and he's never implied it. His position on the issues match up with everything the GOP is about, except for his position on interventionism. One issue doesn't make or break what party you apply to. It's funny how before Bush, the GOP stood for EVERYTHING that Ron advocates, but now the GOP has adopted the pre-emptive war doctrine, and all the sudden Ron Paul isn't a Republican anymore.

Come on dude, get real.

You aren't educated enough about this guy, and it's obvious. Do some studying before you come make these claims.

Be my guest if you would like to try again, though.

Intervention,...you mean accept defeat don't you? He is not even an issue anyhow, so he will not matter when it's all said and done. Sorry bout that!

RON PAUL IS A NON-FACTOR!

Forum List

Back