Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter’s Open Seat

From your link:

I want young people to opt out of Social Security, but my goal isn’t to cut. I think this is where the Republicans make a mistake. They’re seen as cutting food stamps and increasing the military budget. I think that’s bad politics and so, in my more pragmatic stance on how we get to the place where i want to go, actually, I’m offering a program where some of the programs we have taught people to be so dependent on, I would probably preserve them longer than others because we’re going to lose them because of the bankruptcy that is coming.

and he continues

“Social security, like I said, I would preserve the Social Security the best I can,” said Paul, “but we want to get off. But this is one program we were supposed to be paying into an insurance program.”

I've heard Ted Cruz is a bit of a fraud. Haven't closely followed his race, however.

I heard that too, but then I also heard it's not true and that Dewhurst is really slandering his name big time down there on false accusations.

I do know that Ron endorsed him though, so who knows.
Ron is going to endorse Mittwit, also, instead of Gary Johnson.

So what does that say about Ron?

Maybe you missed him on CNN yesterday where he said "No way" when asked if he was ready to endorse Mitt. Seemed pretty emphatic.

From your link:

I want young people to opt out of Social Security, but my goal isn’t to cut. I think this is where the Republicans make a mistake. They’re seen as cutting food stamps and increasing the military budget. I think that’s bad politics and so, in my more pragmatic stance on how we get to the place where i want to go, actually, I’m offering a program where some of the programs we have taught people to be so dependent on, I would probably preserve them longer than others because we’re going to lose them because of the bankruptcy that is coming.

and he continues

“Social security, like I said, I would preserve the Social Security the best I can,” said Paul, “but we want to get off. But this is one program we were supposed to be paying into an insurance program.”

Bullshit!
Why doesn't Ron Paul lead by example and opt out of Social Security himself? Because he's a fucking hypocrit.

He said it himself: Social Security is unconstitutional. If he doesn't believe in it, he shouldn't collect it.

From your link:

and he continues

Bullshit!
Why doesn't Ron Paul lead by example and opt out of Social Security himself? Because he's a fucking hypocrit.

He said it himself: Social Security is unconstitutional. If he doesn't believe in it, he shouldn't collect it.

Maybe because he paid into it for years?

From your link:

and he continues

Bullshit!

Why use the quote function when you aren't going to respond to one word of what I presented to you?

Read his position from the link YOU provided, then tell me how he's being hypocritical based on what he said.

I heard that too, but then I also heard it's not true and that Dewhurst is really slandering his name big time down there on false accusations.

Making a prediction, then asking a secondary question under the assumption that a baseless prediction is fact.
Umm...are you claiming that there is a snowball's chance in hell that Paul won't endorse Bishop Romney? :lol:

He's collecting these delegates for a reason. He is going to demand something at the convention, and they are going to say "OK - but..."

Maybe you missed him on CNN yesterday where he said "No way" when asked if he was ready to endorse Mitt. Seemed pretty emphatic.
Yeah - he's not ready...yet!

I suppose he could refrain from endorsing anyone, but that would be a real pussy move from someone who has built a career out of bravely saying what he believes, no matter the consequences.

Don't you agree?

I suppose he could refrain from endorsing anyone, but that would be a real pussy move from someone who has built a career out of bravely saying what he believes, no matter the consequences.

Don't you agree?

No.

What was set to be an uneventful re-coronation of 5 term U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter during Michigan’s August 7th primary has suddenly become a competitive race between a political outsider and a last minute write-in candidacy vetted by the Republican party establishment. This, after a bizarre case of ballot signature fraud.

State Board of Canvassers booted McCotter off the primary ballot last Wednesday after the Secretary of State determined that of the 1,800 signatures submitted by his campaign only 244 were valid. The remaining signatures were forgeries, some having been photocopied several times. State Attorney General Bill Schuette is investigating the matter for possible criminal charges.

Democrats Syed Taj of Canton and William Roberts of Redford Township did collect the 1,000 signatures needed to appear on the ballot. The only remaining ballot-qualified Republican in Michigan’s 11th district race is Kerry Bentivolio from Milford.

One would think that Bentivolio, a war vet, former school teacher and Ron Paul Republican who has some traction with Tea Party supporters would be a shoo-in for a district with a 57 percent Republican base, but state GOP leaders are scrambling to put together a write-in campaign to seat a more establishment-friendly candidate – former state Sen. Nancy Cassis.

Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter's Open Seat - Independent Voter Network

Along with Thomas Massie in Kentucky, it looks like this could be another win for Ron Paul Republicans.

McCotter screwed up, he's my congressman, I thought was a good guy, but how the hell he doesn't get his signatures in is negligence and he doesn't deserve to be on the ballot. I guess I’ll be voting for this guy Bentivolio this time:cool:

He's mine too I feel and will vote the same way smh

Making a prediction, then asking a secondary question under the assumption that a baseless prediction is fact.
Umm...are you claiming that there is a snowball's chance in hell that Paul won't endorse Bishop Romney? :lol:

He's collecting these delegates for a reason. He is going to demand something at the convention, and they are going to say "OK - but..."

If he wanted to endorse someone like Romney, he would've endorsed Obama 4 years ago.

I'm not counting on it.

Don't you agree?

No.
:lol:

'No', what? That it wouldn't be a pussy move to meekly keep quiet?

When has Dr. Paul ever put politics ahead of his convictions? Never that I know of. He's been the lone no vote on many a popular, and sometimes patriotic bill. He didn't worry about the political ramifications because in his understanding, it wasn't Constitutional.

So, why would he put his son's politics ahead of his own convictions now? Not the way to cap off a respected career.

Don't you agree?

Not endorsing someone IS saying something. It's saying NONE OF THE ABOVE!

From your link:

and he continues

Bullshit!

Why use the quote function when you aren't going to respond to one word of what I presented to you?

Read his position from the link YOU provided, then tell me how he's being hypocritical based on what he said.

I did respond to it. I guess you missed it when I said: Bullshit!

Ron Paul has the means to live without SS. If he really was a champion of allowing people to opt out of SS, then he should opt out himself.

Don't you agree?

Ooooh! Nice spin! :lol:

Bullshit!

I did respond to it. I guess you missed it when I said: Bullshit!

Ron Paul has the means to live without SS. If he really was a champion of allowing people to opt out of SS, then he should opt out himself.

If someone takes $1,000 from you against your will and you can get $900 of it back or $0 of it back, what would you do?

I can tell you aren't looking for information, you're looking for affirmation. You're even ignoring the information in the link you yourself provided.

Sad, but far from surprising from a nanny statist type.

Don't you agree?

No.
:lol:

'No', what? That it wouldn't be a pussy move to meekly keep quiet?

When has Dr. Paul ever put politics ahead of his convictions? Never that I know of. He's been the lone no vote on many a popular, and sometimes patriotic bill. He didn't worry about the political ramifications because in his understanding, it wasn't Constitutional.

So, why would he put his son's politics ahead of his own convictions now? Not the way to cap off a respected career.

I haven't "endorsed" anybody for President, and I don't feel like that's a "pussy move." So why shouldn't I give Ron Paul the same consideration?

Don't you agree?

Ooooh! Nice spin! :lol:

So if there's no one he feels is deserving of his endorsement, he should still endorse someone? Why? To avoid looking like a "pussy?"

Ron didn't endorse McCain so what reason do I have to believe that he'd endorse Romney?

Romney doesn't need his delegates anyway. What Paul's delegates are going to be used for is in voting on other items of business on the floor at the convention.

At this point he really has no clout against Romney as far as the nomination goes, so he's got zero reason to give Romney an endorsement. Judging by his own words all campaign long, and not endorsing McCain in 08, there's absolutely no reason to assume whatsoever that he would endorse Romney.

Also, anyone who thinks for one second that the establishment would put Rand Paul a heartbeat away from the Oval Office is still fast asleep. Romney will not be choosing Rand.

Ron wants people to be able to opt out of paying Social Security. What's the point of opting out of receiving it?

When will left-wing Obama fluffers ever tire of this moronic argument?

Forum List

Back