Ron Paul "Loons" at it again!!!

He raised $5 million in the last 30 days? As of October he had a little over $5 million. It was projected in May that if contributions kept coming in at the rate they were then, he would have $10 million by the end of the third quarter.

I'm not saying $5 milllion is not real money because it is. But recent numbers (within last 30 day sor so) Hillary is at $27 million, Obama at $25 million, Romney at $17 million, Giuliani at $16-$17 Million with $10 million of that coming in the last quarter alone. Even Fred Thompson raised $8 million last quarter on top of what he already had.

I don't wish Ron Paul any bad fortune. I would vote for him over any Democrat running. I would vote for any other Republican running over Ron Paul, however.

Great point,..and full of facts,...unlike some posts in here.:eusa_hand:

Great point,..and full of facts,...unlike some posts in here.:eusa_hand:

Thank you. Actually, I think it is a sad thing that it takes that kind of money to elect a president. Just think what magnificent things could be done with all that money if we put it to good use on some noble project and then just had the candidates post their records and positions on things and participate in a dozen or so debates that actually gave the candidates equal opportunity to defend their records and/or qualifications and/or make the case for what they believe should be done. It would be fine to enlist volunteer supporters to place signs around to increase name recognition. The internet is also an inexpensive way to get a message out and does reach most Americans thee days. Most of the hundreds of millions expended on a presidential campaign is used for hype, spin, advertising, and promotion mostly intended to make themselves the most appealing or sell empty promises with far less attention put on qualifications or specific goals.

I would also support a constitutional amendment that would disqualify any announced candidate who intentionally misrepresented his/her record and/or anybody else's record, and/or told a lie during a campaign. Just kidding of course, but sheesh, wouldn't that be refreshing?

He raised $5 million in the last 30 days? As of October he had a little over $5 million. It was projected in May that if contributions kept coming in at the rate they were then, he would have $10 million by the end of the third quarter.

I'm not saying $5 milllion is not real money because it is. But recent numbers (within last 30 day sor so) Hillary is at $27 million, Obama at $25 million, Romney at $17 million, Giuliani at $16-$17 Million with $10 million of that coming in the last quarter alone. Even Fred Thompson raised $8 million last quarter on top of what he already had.

I don't wish Ron Paul any bad fortune. I would vote for him over any Democrat running. I would vote for any other Republican running over Ron Paul, however.

He made about 600,000 the first quarter, 2.5 mil the second quarter, and 5.3 the third quarter...that's about 8.5 mil...and he's got about 2.7 million in so far starting this last quarter...so that's already 11 million total, to date.

He'll be competing nicely with the other candidates these last couple months in the TV and radio advertising arena. And unlike the rest, he won't be smeering the others. He doesn't need to. Their records and positions smeer themselves.

I respect you for not being a typical anti-RP, and badmouthing us who support him.

He made about 600,000 the first quarter, 2.5 mil the second quarter, and 5.3 the third quarter...that's about 8.5 mil...and he's got about 2.7 million in so far starting this last quarter...so that's already 11 million total, to date.

He'll be competing nicely with the other candidates these last couple months in the TV and radio advertising arena. And unlike the rest, he won't be smeering the others. He doesn't need to. Their records and positions smeer themselves.

I respect you for not being a typical anti-RP, and badmouthing us who support him.

Thank you. I don't have any axes to grind, but I am looking for a solid sensible experienced Conservative that I think won't make things worse and would have a shot at making things better. Paul is certainly better than any of the current crop of Democrats running, but I think he has more minuses against him than any of the current crop of Republicans running. That is biased on my personal observations and opinion only.

However, I don't know where you are getting your facts and figures on his fund raising. I am getting mine from the Wall Street Journal and other respected sources rather than from the private pro-Paul blogs, however.

For instance:

October 1, 2007, 7:11 pm
Ron Paul’s Fund-Raising Takes Off
Mary Jacoby reports on the 2008 presidential campaign.

Rep. Ron Paul is bucking trends in the political money race.

While both Democrats and Republicans in the presidential race are finding it more difficult to pass the hat as their big donors hit federal giving limits, the trajectory for the Texas Republican keeps climbing.

The antiwar libertarian raised more than $3 million in the third quarter, up from $2.4 million in the second quarter and $641,000 in the first three months of the year.

For the three months ended Sept. 30, Paul out-raised old Washington hands including Democrats Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut, who took in $1.5 million, and Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, who raised just under $2 million.

For the year, Paul has collected around $6 million. He remains stuck in national polls at around 5% or less — about the same level of support as another Republican dark horse, Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor.

The well-spoken Huckabee placed second in the Ames, Iowa, straw poll this summer and is a favorite among Beltway pundits. But so far, his campaign is staying mum on his third-quarter fund-raising numbers, suggesting that they haven’t dramatically improved from the $766,000 Huckabee raised in the second quarter.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/10/01/ron-pauls-fund-raising-takes-off/?mod=hpp_us_blogs

Ron Paul supporters may be using e-mail spam and dirty tricks to gin up support for their presidential candidate on the Internet.

"This is clearly a criminal act in support of a campaign, which has been committed with or without [its] knowledge," University of Alabama at Birmingham computer-forensics expert Gary Warner told Wired News.

Warner was referring to a wave of pro-Paul e-mails that flooded the Internet after the most recent Republican presidential debate on Oct. 21.

The e-mails had subject lines such as "Ron Paul Wins GOP Debate! HMzjoqO" and "Ron Paul Exposes Federal Reserve! SBHBcSO."

The funny character strings are common methods to defeat spam filters.

Warner says his lab traced the e-mails back to servers in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe — signifying that whoever sent them may have used a botnet, or world-wide network of hijacked computers, to pump out massive volumes of e-mail.

FTC Warns of Fake FTC E-Mail Virus Hackers Launch Massive Attack on Ukrainian President's Web Site Feds: Fake Harassment Complaint E-Mail Contains Virus Four 'Critical' Patches in October's Microsoft Updates "This is the first I've heard about this situation," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton told Wired News. Read the rest of the story........
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307056,00.html

Your presence here is spam from a campaign.

Thank you. I don't have any axes to grind, but I am looking for a solid sensible experienced Conservative that I think won't make things worse and would have a shot at making things better. Paul is certainly better than any of the current crop of Democrats running, but I think he has more minuses against him than any of the current crop of Republicans running. That is biased on my personal observations and opinion only.

However, I don't know where you are getting your facts and figures on his fund raising. I am getting mine from the Wall Street Journal and other respected sources rather than from the private pro-Paul blogs, however.

For instance:

While both Democrats and Republicans in the presidential race are finding it more difficult to pass the hat as their big donors hit federal giving limits, the trajectory for the Texas Republican keeps climbing.

The antiwar libertarian raised more than $3 million in the third quarter, up from $2.4 million in the second quarter and $641,000 in the first three months of the year.

For the three months ended Sept. 30, Paul out-raised old Washington hands including Democrats Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut, who took in $1.5 million, and Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, who raised just under $2 million.

For the year, Paul has collected around $6 million. He remains stuck in national polls at around 5% or less — about the same level of support as another Republican dark horse, Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor.

The well-spoken Huckabee placed second in the Ames, Iowa, straw poll this summer and is a favorite among Beltway pundits. But so far, his campaign is staying mum on his third-quarter fund-raising numbers, suggesting that they haven’t dramatically improved from the $766,000 Huckabee raised in the second quarter.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/10/01/ron-pauls-fund-raising-takes-off/?mod=hpp_us_blogs

You can look up campaign contributions and contributions Ron Paul or any other Candidate has made in this election and his past Congressional elections here www.fec.gov

For instance:

Also I don't think Paul has a chance in hell. I think unfortunatly it will be down to Giuliani, Thompson or Romney. The only one there that is tolerable is Giuliani. The ideal ticket would be a Tancredo\Hunter ticket as they seem to be the only true Conservatives in the race.

Also I don't think Paul has a chance in hell. I think unfortunatly it will be down to Giuliani, Thompson or Romney. The only one there that is tolerable is Giuliani. The ideal ticket would be a Tancredo\Hunter ticket as they seem to be the only true Conservatives in the race.

That would be a pretty good ticket, but unfortunately would lose against Hillary because of the lack of name recognition. That is almost certainly the reason both are lagging so far behind in money raised and polling preferences.

Remember that the Democrats' base--at least the ones they count on to put them over the top--are mostly people that don't read a lot of newspapers or watch much television news or post on message boards.

Thanks for the link to the election campaign contribution site. That is an excellent source for quick information of total contributions. I'm not sure it provides the contributions by quarter as the mainstream media does so that we can detect trends, but I could have missed the link to that page.

No to Giuliani..
No to Huckabee

And a BIG........HELL NO...FOR RON PAUL...:eusa_clap:

That would be a pretty good ticket, but unfortunately would lose against Hillary because of the lack of name recognition. That is almost certainly the reason both are lagging so far behind in money raised and polling preferences.

Remember that the Democrats' base--at least the ones they count on to put them over the top--are mostly people that don't read a lot of newspapers or watch much television news or post on message boards.

Thanks for the link to the election campaign contribution site. That is an excellent source for quick information of total contributions. I'm not sure it provides the contributions by quarter as the mainstream media does so that we can detect trends, but I could have missed the link to that page.

I don't think any candidate would lose against Hillary for the mere fact that Democratic Voters were polled and 50% of them said under NO circumstances would they EVER vote for Hillary.

Congressman Hunter and Congressman Tancredo are both highly respected leaders and believe it or not are pretty popular.

YouTube - RON PAUL HAS THE GREATEST VOTING RECORD EVER ...
RON PAUL HAS THE GREATEST VOTING RECORD EVER IN CONGRESS ...
7 min -
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=n85LrvWdNkk[/ame]

Ron Paul on the IssuesRated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record: Strongly Opposes topic 1 .... Ron Paul is a Moderate Libertarian. Click here for explanation of ...
www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm - 97k

Why don't you support Ron Paul?

Because she doesn't know nearly enough about him to make a decision. Plus, she probably enjoys the fact that the US military is sent into illegal wars so her freedoms will be protected, and Ron Paul wold never authorize such a thing.

I'm guessing she's a Fred supporter.

That right, Steph?

Because she doesn't know nearly enough about him to make a decision. Plus, she probably enjoys the fact that the US military is sent into illegal wars so her freedoms will be protected, and Ron Paul wold never authorize such a thing.

I'm guessing she's a Fred supporter.

That right, Steph?

Screw Phoney Fred too.

Forum List

Back