Ron Paul "Loons" at it again!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SolarEnergy1, Nov 1, 2007.

1. SolarEnergy1

SolarEnergy1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Ron Paul supporters may be using e-mail spam and dirty tricks to gin up support for their presidential candidate on the Internet.

"This is clearly a criminal act in support of a campaign, which has been committed with or without [its] knowledge," University of Alabama at Birmingham computer-forensics expert Gary Warner told Wired News.

Warner was referring to a wave of pro-Paul e-mails that flooded the Internet after the most recent Republican presidential debate on Oct. 21.

The e-mails had subject lines such as "Ron Paul Wins GOP Debate! HMzjoqO" and "Ron Paul Exposes Federal Reserve! SBHBcSO."

The funny character strings are common methods to defeat spam filters.

Warner says his lab traced the e-mails back to servers in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe — signifying that whoever sent them may have used a botnet, or world-wide network of hijacked computers, to pump out massive volumes of e-mail.

FTC Warns of Fake FTC E-Mail Virus Hackers Launch Massive Attack on Ukrainian President's Web Site Feds: Fake Harassment Complaint E-Mail Contains Virus Four 'Critical' Patches in October's Microsoft Updates "This is the first I've heard about this situation," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton told Wired News. Read the rest of the story........
    http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307056,00.html

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,527
    You don't quit, do you?

It's hilarious, really. I don't even see you make posts unless it's to create a thread about some type of discrediting information about Ron. The best part is, you never have shit on him. You THINK you do, but you're material is weak, Solar.

The best you have on him is 'mingling with the left at an event' and 'e-mail spam' that isn't even associated with his campaign????

Give it up dude. You got NOTHING on Ron Paul.

3. SolarEnergy1

SolarEnergy1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25

I guess you'll be attending his Jihad event he's speaking at the end of the month? Along with Sean Penn, Michael Moore, and Dennis Kucinich etc etc.. I guess it would be sort of like a home-coming for you and him.....

4. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,527
    What are you talking about?? You keep mentioning Jihad events. Are you afwaid of the wittle cave-dwelling muslims who want to steal your fweedoms?

Give it up man, you're seriously wacked out.

5. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I gotta agree, Solar is coming off as a true wacko.

6. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,479
    Solar may be nutty as a fruitcake and more looney tunes than the thread title--being a newscomer here, I don't know anything about him--but he doesn't deserve to be dissed on this particular issue. News organizations as well as many well established blogs have not only identified, but have dealt with Ron Paul spammers attempting to make him look more popular and successful and ANY organized scientific national poll has demonstrated.

So we might talk about whether the accusations are wrong and/or, if true, such spamming techniques are useful to the process.

Here is a tiny sampling of comments/information on it:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21257762/site/14081545/

http://mvdg.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/red-state-bans-ron-paul-supporters/

http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=114955

http://constitutionallyright.com/20...-take-down-poll-because-of-ron-paul-spammers/

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,527
    Yeah but you don't get it though...If it were Romney or Giuliani getting all the votes in the online polls and such, the media wouldn't make a PEEP about it as being some type of fringe attempt to make them look good. They would just comment on it as though it's how it was SUPPOSED to be. I mean, these places put these polls up CONTINUALLY, and everytime Ron wins they bitch about it, or take it down. It's ridiculous. It's childish. Just deal with it, or quit posting up polls...you know?

Maybe Ron's supporters just care enough to participate everywhere they can...maybe they're just so passionate, that they want this man to be known by everyone. I can't comprehend why people use his supporters' passion for him AGAINST him...it doesn't make any sense.

If he's so fringe, and there's really only 10,000 people following him around online and spamming all the polls he's included in, then he would never have raised damn near 10 Million dollars so far since his campaign started.

In fact, the only place on Earth where you'll see anything that even remotely assumes he has no real support nationwide, is in the corporate 'scientific' polls. Those polls mean nothing compared to the physical vote on election day, and history has proven that many times.

He gets hated on, because the people doing the hating KNOW that he's gaining popularity by leaps and bounds, and it KILLS them.

The man's the most genuine candidate in the field. Check his record, it speaks for itself.

As a personal supporter and independant volunteer for his campaign, I can tell you PERSONALLY that he's the most interesting candidate on the trail. I've been to a few different states on the east coast, and everywhere i've been he has outshined his opponents in support by LARGE margins.

You'll see. Wait until the primaries start. You're going to be astonished, i PROMISE you.

8. SolarEnergy1

SolarEnergy1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25

you happend to miss the part where the FEDS said it's ILLEGAL to use those spamming techniques... unless you condone that type of activity and behavior? I love it when Paulites try to justify bad behavior. what's next?

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,527
    You're arguing about email spam, Sollar! It's ridiculous!

It's not even his campaign doing it, it's just individuals! So what?!

You just pissed because Huckabee supporters don't care enough to try?

When you have something about the actual official Ron Paul campaign committing a crime, come back and let us know. Otherwise, you're smeer attempt is useless.

10. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,479
    I wasn't talking about e-mail spam though. I have no problem if Ron Paul supporters don't want to talk about Ron Paul supporters organizing and intentionally skewing polls.

But then I do have a problem with those same Ron Paul supporters then wanting to use the skewed polls as support for Ron Paul.

So we either talk about the polls being skewed or how that isn't the case, or we admit that Ron Paul has so little national support that we have to acknowledge that his views are not resonating with the American public and, in fact, most Americans disagree with him on at least several key issues. And if he isn't publically denouncing his supporters intentionally skewing poll results, his own honesty should at least be questioned.