Ron Paul caught?

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Ron Paul, In 1996, 'Did Not Deny' Controversial Statement In Newsletter

The Dallas Morning News -- May 22, 1996.

Dr. Paul denied suggestions that he was a racist and said he was not evoking stereotypes when he wrote the columns. He said they should be read and quoted in their entirety to avoid misrepresentation.
Dr. Paul also took exception to the comments of Mr. Bledsoe, saying that the voters in the 14th District and the people who know him best would be the final judges of his character.
"If someone challenges your character and takes the interpretation of the NAACP as proof of a man's character, what kind of a world do you live in?" Dr. Paul asked.
In the interview, he did not deny he made the statement about the swiftness of black men.
"If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them," Dr. Paul said.

Austin American-Statesman -- May 23, 1996

"Dr. Paul is being quoted out of context," [Paul's spokesman, Michael] Sullivan said. "It's like picking up 'War and Peace' and reading the fourth paragraph on page 481 and thinking you can understand what's going on."
"You have to understand what he is writing. Democrats in Texas are trying to stir things up by using half quotes to impugn his character," Sullivan said. "His writings are intellectual. He assumes people will do their own research, get their own statistics, think for themselves and make informed judgments."

Austin American-Statesman -- July 25, 1996

Morris distributed Paul's article to reporters at a Capitol news conference. It was not the first time. Morris has been scrutinizing Paul's writings and sharing his findings with reporters. In May, he released an article in which Paul described a majority of black men in Washington, D.C., as ''semi-criminal or entirely criminal.''
Morris, a Bee Cave lawyer, once again called on Paul to release back copies of the newsletter he has published for more than a decade. Paul, a Surfside obstetrician, has refused.
He said he has written ''thousands of items'' during the past 20 years and that releasing these materials would be impractical. Paul said releasing all those writings would be like asking Morris to ''provide documents for every lawsuit he has been involved in during his lengthy legal career.''

A request for comment from the Paul campaign was not immediately returned.

Yeah the guy -- the only guy running -- who wants to end the war on drugs and decriminalize millions of minorities is racist.

Ron Paul, In 1996, 'Did Not Deny' Controversial Statement In Newsletter

The Dallas Morning News -- May 22, 1996.

Dr. Paul denied suggestions that he was a racist and said he was not evoking stereotypes when he wrote the columns. He said they should be read and quoted in their entirety to avoid misrepresentation.
Dr. Paul also took exception to the comments of Mr. Bledsoe, saying that the voters in the 14th District and the people who know him best would be the final judges of his character.
"If someone challenges your character and takes the interpretation of the NAACP as proof of a man's character, what kind of a world do you live in?" Dr. Paul asked.
In the interview, he did not deny he made the statement about the swiftness of black men.
"If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them," Dr. Paul said.

Austin American-Statesman -- May 23, 1996

"Dr. Paul is being quoted out of context," [Paul's spokesman, Michael] Sullivan said. "It's like picking up 'War and Peace' and reading the fourth paragraph on page 481 and thinking you can understand what's going on."
"You have to understand what he is writing. Democrats in Texas are trying to stir things up by using half quotes to impugn his character," Sullivan said. "His writings are intellectual. He assumes people will do their own research, get their own statistics, think for themselves and make informed judgments."

Austin American-Statesman -- July 25, 1996

Morris distributed Paul's article to reporters at a Capitol news conference. It was not the first time. Morris has been scrutinizing Paul's writings and sharing his findings with reporters. In May, he released an article in which Paul described a majority of black men in Washington, D.C., as ''semi-criminal or entirely criminal.''
Morris, a Bee Cave lawyer, once again called on Paul to release back copies of the newsletter he has published for more than a decade. Paul, a Surfside obstetrician, has refused.
He said he has written ''thousands of items'' during the past 20 years and that releasing these materials would be impractical. Paul said releasing all those writings would be like asking Morris to ''provide documents for every lawsuit he has been involved in during his lengthy legal career.''

A request for comment from the Paul campaign was not immediately returned.

I love how the media feels so threatened by Paul.

They don't even mention him as a viable candidate and now they're attacking him?

:lol:

I love the fact that all these vampires can come up with is some old ass shit from before most of the dickheads who are writing the currant op-ed columns were born....

Ya know, if you think about it, this really means nothing. The field is full of quasi-candidates who change their minds every so often and those who would even consider voting for them don't seem to mind a bit.

They all know that Ron Paul is a racist and that his kid is following in his footsteps.

Maybe we should have a poll ...

Do you care that your candidate can't make up his mind, lies about the reason his marriages failed, lies about the source of his money, lies about his opinions concerning race, may well be a species other than humanoid, doesn't know the difference between a continent and a country, is demonstrably corrupt and dishonest, can't keep his pants zipped closed, damn near flunked outta animal husbandry and can't open his mouth without cramming his foot in it, AND/OR believes and ACTUALLY WEARS magic underwear?

If none of this (and MORE!) doesn't make you laugh out loud at the "debates", cringe, change your party affiliation to "I'm voting for Barry", then I'd say Ron Paul's rampant racism probably isn't a problem to you.

Funny part is that Obama appointed a whole cookie jar of racists and no progressive really gave a fuck..

Hell, look at the DOJ as evidence of my assertion..

Most non-white democrats say some of the most racist shit ever, yet they're never held accountable...

Democrats may as well imply that one can only be racist if they're white because that's how they portray "racism."

Why talk about the issues when you can just keep saying "racist" and "Ron Paul" in the same sentence.

It's amazing that this is the best the Media has got on Paul. Now the real question is how long can the media keep running the same false story while Paul keeps going up in the polls?

Why talk about the issues when you can just keep saying "racist" and "Ron Paul" in the same sentence.

It's amazing that this is the best the Media has got on Paul. Now the real question is how long can the media keep running the same false story while Paul keeps going up in the polls?

Are you saying that is this a new accusation? Its not.

I can't speak for anyone else but, as far as I know, he has always pretended to be a Libertarian and he's always hidden his racism.

Every time he runs, both his nuttiness and his racism come out again.

This time has been a bit different because his slimy, smarmy son outted then both with his vile, anti-Civil Rights Bill accidental confession.

Otherwise, its just the same ole same ole.

I suppose Mr. Paul is to old to be elected. Maybe one day his son will figure it out and be elected President.
He's a cool dude.

I can't speak for anyone else but, as far as I know, he has always pretended to be a Libertarian and he's always hidden his racism.

This time has been a bit different because his slimy, smarmy son outted then both with his vile, anti-Civil Rights Bill accidental confession.

"Pretended"

:lol:

Ron Paul is the present day God Father of the libertarian philosophy.

As a matter of fact - Ron Paul is way more libertarian than Rand Paul...

Hell, I'm a libertarian and I believe Ron Paul is too libertarian, especially on his foreign policies.. I can understand geopolitical intervention - Ron Paul is so libertarian he would consider any intervention in the world an insult to the libertarian philosophy...

To Ron Paul its all or nothing...

I like Rand Paul tho too.... Hes more "authoritarian" tho (the best word to describe him per se when comparing him to his father)..

I left the Dick Lamm campaign to work with Dave Nolan in the 70s. Paul is his own version of Libertarian and his beliefs do not seem to have much in common with the real thing. Dave is rolling in his grave at the very thought that either Paul could be considered the "godfather" of what he dreamed of and worked for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that little slime bag Rand, with his whiny voice hatred of equality under the United States Constitution just proves that the crumb didn't fall far from the fruitcake.

Luckily, voters are rightfully afraid of what these two men want to do to our country.

Uhhhh............. Ok.

I left the Dick Lamm campaign to work with Dave Nolan in the 70s. Paul is his own version of Libertarian and his beliefs do not seem to have much in common with the real thing. Dave is rolling in his grave at the very thought that either Paul could be considered the "godfather" of what he dreamed of and worked for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that little slime bag Rand, with his whiny voice hatred of equality under the United States Constitution just proves that the crumb didn't fall far from the fruitcake.

Luckily, voters are rightfully afraid of what these two men want to do to our country.

Apparently your version of libertarian"ism" is anarchy.

I suppose one could define libertarian in many ways and in theory anarchy can be and is a form of libertarian"ism."

It seems you favor anarchy.

I'm the type that favors the Bill of Rights and especially the Tenth Amendment (not that the other 9 are anything less).

Nolan was still alive when the LP nominated Dr. Paul in '88.

If anyone around here is the poseur libertarian, it's you.

I suppose classical liberal would be a better "label" for Paul than "libertarian."

I left the Dick Lamm campaign to work with Dave Nolan in the 70s.
Sure you did. And I was the fifth Beatle and the second shooter on the grassy knoll. True story.

Name dropping on the Internet cracks me up! :rofl:

If you think that Dick Lamm and/or Dave Nolan constitute "name dropping" or that they're on the par with the Beatles or Kennedy, you're just about whacked enough to vote for Ron or Rand.

Hell, I'd bet that without looking them up, you didn't even know who either of them were.

You know why?

No, of course you don't.

I left the Dick Lamm campaign to work with Dave Nolan in the 70s.
Sure you did. And I was the fifth Beatle and the second shooter on the grassy knoll. True story.

Name dropping on the Internet cracks me up! :rofl:

If you think that Dick Lamm and/or Dave Nolan constitute "name dropping" or that they're on the par with the Beatles or Kennedy, you're just about whacked enough to vote for Ron or Rand.

Hell, I'd bet that without looking them up, you didn't even know who either of them were.

You know why?

No, of course you don't.
Keep thinking that, spanky! I believe I counseled someone a while back to look up a Nolan Chart. Pretty sure I knew that was made by some guy named David Nolan.

But whatever floats your boat, Kato Kaelin! :lol:

Forum List

Back