Ron Paul and the Newsletters $$$$$$$

SAT2

Nov 19, 2011
More on Paul and the Newsletters
No conspiracy theory was too outlandish for Paul’s endorsement. One newsletter reported on the heretofore unknown phenomenon of “Needlin’,” in which “gangs of black girls between the ages of 12 and 14″ roamed the streets of New York and injected white women with possibly HIV-infected syringes. Another newsletter warned that “the AIDS patient” should not be allowed to eat in restaurants because “AIDS can be transmitted by saliva,” a strange claim for a physician to make.

Paul gave credence to the theory, later shown to have been the product of a Soviet disinformation effort, that AIDS had been created in a U.S. government laboratory at Fort Detrick, Maryland. Three months before far-right extremists killed 168 Americans in Oklahoma City, Paul’s newsletter praised the “1,500 local militias now training to defend liberty” as “one of the most encouraging developments in America.” And he offered specific advice to antigovernment militia members, such as, “Keep the group size down,” “Keep quiet and you’re harder to find,” “Leave no clues,” “Avoid the phone as much as possible,” and “Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”

Yeah.... "I got nuthin" on that shit. Nothing I've read or heard from Ron Paul in the last ten years gives the slightest indication of racism. But those newsletters didn't materialize out of thin air. It's certainly not anything I can defend or justify. There's an element of smear in the accusations - but it seems there's something to them.

Last edited:
Same old sh*t from the DimWit Playbook.

When Rand Paul was running for Senator in 2010 you Libs tried to brand him as a racist, how did that work out?

President Ron Paul. Get used to hearing it.

It sounds like wonderful journalism. :lmao:

It seems to me like a mess. Like he wasn't really taking himself, or his political career very seriously at the time. Kind of reminds me of the crap Jesse Ventura has associated himself with in recent years.

It's old news, but it's something Ron Paul hasn't really addressed in any forthright fashion. As someone who supports his cause, as someone who's sent him money, I'd like to see him come clean on this crap - either with a plausible story (besides 'someone else wrote it') or with an acknowledgement that it was a mistake. Reading this shit makes me cringe.

It's old news, but it's something Ron Paul hasn't really addressed in any forthright fashion. As someone who supports his cause, as someone who's sent him money, I'd like to see him come clean on this crap - either with a plausible story (besides 'someone else wrote it') or with an acknowledgement that it was a mistake. Reading this shit makes me cringe.
He did.

Did Paul give back the money that he made?

Then he's made a lot of money from promoting racism.

The Company Ron Paul Keeps | The Weekly Standard

In January 2008, the New Republic ran my story reporting the contents of monthly newsletters that Paul published throughout the 1980s and 1990s. While a handful of controversial passages from these bulletins had been quoted previously, I was able to track down nearly the entire archive, scattered between the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society (both of which housed the newsletters in collections of extreme right-wing American political literature). Though particular articles rarely carried a byline, the vast majority were written in the first person, while the title of the newsletter, in its various iterations, always featured Paul’s name: Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, the Ron Paul Political Report, the Ron Paul Survival Report, and the Ron Paul Investment Letter. What I found was unpleasant.

“Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks,” read a typical article from the June 1992 “Special Issue on Racial Terrorism,” a supplement to the Ron Paul Political Report. Racial apocalypse was the most persistent theme of the newsletters; a 1990 issue warned of “The Coming Race War,” and an article the following year about disturbances in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C., was entitled “Animals Take Over the D.C. Zoo.” Paul alleged that Martin Luther King Jr., “the world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours,” had also “seduced underage girls and boys.” The man who would later proclaim King a “hero” attacked Ronald Reagan for signing legislation creating the federal holiday in his name, complaining, “We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.”

I mean that the comment was cute, but it's based on a stupid idea-that liberals are the 'real racists'. Which is about as dumb as the 'progressives are just like fascists' comments on another thread.

Same old sh*t from the DimWit Playbook.

When Rand Paul was running for Senator in 2010 you Libs tried to brand him as a racist, how did that work out?

President Ron Paul. Get used to hearing it.

It's Chicago style politics. Take your opponent out by any means necessary. Obama has won elections by smearing his opponents, not by running on a clear message.

He ran on hope and change, which is straight from Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The words mean nothing. Reminded me of Clinton's "Bridge to the 21st Century" and it's all a bunch of meaningless pretty speech with no substance.

I think many voted for Obama simply because of his race and that is just wrong.

I like Paul. He's been consistent for 30 years. He believes we should adhere to our constitution, as was intended by our founders. He talks in specifics, not fluffy rhetoric.

I notice that the attacks become more vicious as popularity rises.

Obama cannot run on his record. His so-called "accomplishments" are the very reason he holds the lowest approval rating on record. Carter is probably doing snoopy dances because he is no longer the worst president ever.

I'd rather have someone who lives up to his word and Ron Paul would as he always has.

I mean that the comment was cute, but it's based on a stupid idea-that liberals are the 'real racists'. Which is about as dumb as the 'progressives are just like fascists' comments on another thread.

Oh... agreed. You quoted my post. Just wondered what you meant.

FWIW, liberals are certainly capable of being racists and fascists - though no party has a monopoly on these political diseases.

Obama won in 2008 by beating the socks off of McCain, after he beat all of the other Democratic contenders. I didn't see him smear anyone, even when Sarah Palin was out smearing Obama and receiving cheers for doing it.

Hope and Change has a lot in common with "It's Morning in America". Which I bet Clementine understood just fine. The problem is in the receiver, not the messenger.

Obama has accomplished a great deal.

Ron Paul has smeared himself by making money from a newsletter like this. Hold him accountable instead of making excuses for him.

Obama won in 2008 by beating the socks off of McCain, after he beat all of the other Democratic contenders. I didn't see him smear anyone, even when Sarah Palin was out smearing Obama and receiving cheers for doing it.

Hope and Change has a lot in common with "It's Morning in America". Which I bet Clementine understood just fine. The problem is in the receiver, not the messenger.

Obama has accomplished a great deal.

Ron Paul has smeared himself by making money from a newsletter like this. Hold him accountable instead of making excuses for him.
Why the hell do you care what happens in the GOP?

Were you going to vote for Ron Paul if it wasn't for the newsletters?

Forum List

Back