Romney's trip to the UK rife with gaffes

When he sends the Queen an Ipod loaded with his speeches, let us know. :eusa_whistle:
When the goofball mayor of london is mocking him it is a sign he is an idiot.

Romney did stick his foot in his mouth. It was foolish and arrogant, but was it really decisive? Great Britain has no electoral votes in the upcoming election so it is really a matter of whether some offended Anglophiles will not vote for him in some contested border state or whether this willl have a lasting impression on his foreign policy ability.

Once the Olympic ceramonies start, Romney's comments will take a back seat to all the pageantry and competition. If Romney wins the election, then our ally Great Britain will learn to deal with him.

Still, it is amusing to watch some conservatives on this board defend his gaffe. Now let me get this straight. Obama goes to Colorado to provide comfort to the families of the victims and is criticized by the conservative posters on this board and Romney goes to London and iinsults our ally, yet is defended by these conservative posters.

Just once I would like some conservative poster to step back, use his brain, and say that Romney screwed up, but I am going to vote for him because the issues at hand are more important. Or perhaps cudos to our president for going to Colorado, but I still do not think he is a good president. Instead, it appears that all these conservative posters are capable of are partisan rants. Yet it is they who continually denigrate the intelligence of non-conservative posters. Go figure.

So you want us to agree with your fabrications?

Sorry, can't do that.

The last time Obama was in the UK it was one fuckup after another. Fact is Obama is a foreign policy disaster. Now he wants to push the false narrative that Romney is too. I still remember Obama's limo bottoming out. I'm sure by now all of the flubbs have been scrubbed from the internet.

Oh, and this must be the 7th or 8th thread on this subject. I suggest giving this scam the attention it deserves and merge it with the other ones.

Romney's trip to the UK rife with gaffes | The Chronicle-Journal

The man reminds me of Zimmerman. He digs a hole and jump into it with his foot in his mouth and cover himself up.:lol:
It's more than just rife with gaffes...it has been and continues to be a COLOSSAL failure. He's insulted the Brits, blabbed about his meetings with Mi6...a big no-no in that country.

The buffoon is actually making Bush look good.

And he's not even begun yet.

The RepubliCON$ are toast I said...TOAST!!!

:lol:
lol

The man reminds me of Zimmerman. He digs a hole and jump into it with his foot in his mouth and cover himself up.:lol:

529.gif

It's more than just rife with gaffes...it has been and continues to be a COLOSSAL failure. He's insulted the Brits, blabbed about his meetings with Mi6...a big no-no in that country.

lol

Toast huh? do we need to bookmark this?:lol:

Romney did stick his foot in his mouth. It was foolish and arrogant, but was it really decisive? Great Britain has no electoral votes in the upcoming election so it is really a matter of whether some offended Anglophiles will not vote for him in some contested border state or whether this willl have a lasting impression on his foreign policy ability.

Once the Olympic ceramonies start, Romney's comments will take a back seat to all the pageantry and competition. If Romney wins the election, then our ally Great Britain will learn to deal with him.

Still, it is amusing to watch some conservatives on this board defend his gaffe. Now let me get this straight. Obama goes to Colorado to provide comfort to the families of the victims and is criticized by the conservative posters on this board and Romney goes to London and iinsults our ally, yet is defended by these conservative posters.

Just once I would like some conservative poster to step back, use his brain, and say that Romney screwed up, but I am going to vote for him because the issues at hand are more important. Or perhaps cudos to our president for going to Colorado, but I still do not think he is a good president. Instead, it appears that all these conservative posters are capable of are partisan rants. Yet it is they who continually denigrate the intelligence of non-conservative posters. Go figure.

Sorry, can't do that.

The last time Obama was in the UK it was one fuckup after another. Fact is Obama is a foreign policy disaster. Now he wants to push the false narrative that Romney is too. I still remember Obama's limo bottoming out. I'm sure by now all of the flubbs have been scrubbed from the internet.

Oh, and this must be the 7th or 8th thread on this subject. I suggest giving this scam the attention it deserves and merge it with the other ones.

What fabrications?

Read my post. It was a gaffe, but no big deal. I will watch the Olympics tonight and will certainly not be dwelling on what Romney said, because in the big scheme of things it is unimportant.

Sorry, can't do that.

What fabrications?

Read my post. It was a gaffe, but no big deal. I will watch the Olympics tonight and will certainly not be dwelling on what Romney said, because in the big scheme of things it is unimportant.

It's not a gaffe. Ether the English have skin made of rice-paper or this whole story is convoluted.

I was waiting for Obama's reaction to his Titanic flubb "You didn't build that".

Now that was a gaffe.

Why do right wingers just act like things that happened really didn't happen??? Romney has made a total fool of himself and embarrassed us. It's a fact!!! We are not talking about one little thing!!!

Here’s how Romney’s visit to London played in the UK press:

The Financial Times played it relatively straight, writing: “Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican candidate for the US presidency, got off to a shaky start in his effort to show a statesmanlike profile when he seemed to get into a public spat with the UK prime minister over London’s readiness to host the Olympics.”

The UK’s Channel 4 news even awarded medal status to Romney visit: a “golden gaffe.”

Even the BBC couldn’t help but get in on the fun. “Mr Romney is credited with rescuing the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, now he’s appeared to question London’s readiness to host a successful olympics,” host George Alagiah said. Throwing it over to North America editor Mark Mardell, Alagiah said: “If (Romney’s) here to make friends, he’s got a funny way of showing it.”

Then there was the issue of whether Romney forgot Labour leader Ed Miliband’s name, referring to him as “Mr. Leader.” All in all, “not a great day at the office,” Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun tabloid wrote. He called him, "Mr. Leader".

Mitt Romney in London: How the British press covered the blunders | TPM2012

He also publicly acknowledged meeting the director of the United Kingdom’s intelligence service. He doesn't kinow better than that???

Why do right wingers just act like things that happened really didn't happen??? Romney has made a total fool of himself and embarrassed us. It's a fact!!! We are not talking about one little thing!!!

Don't act like you liberals don't do the same thing with Obama when he embarrass himself.

I just find this a petty reason for the brits to upset over..

When he sends the Queen an Ipod loaded with his speeches, let us know. :eusa_whistle:

In another thread, started by the same person who started this thread on the same subject, I said it was a wrong for Romney to say what he said. As far as Colorado, I think the President needed to go, however I would have waited a few more days or maybe have gone this weekend. That is just my thought.

lol

Toast huh? do we need to bookmark this?:lol:
go ahead...knock urself out

So we're supposed to respect the opinion of a goofball? We'll leave that to your team.

In another thread, started by the same person who started this thread on the same subject, I said it was a wrong for Romney to say what he said. As far as Colorado, I think the President needed to go, however I would have waited a few more days or maybe have gone this weekend. That is just my thought.

Well stated.

I just remember what a fool Obama made of himself when he visited the UK last year. After snubbing the Brits for years he tried to patch things up with this visit and this toast......and it fell flat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRXGRFJdDY]US President Barack Obama suffers embarrassing royal toast mishap at Queen's banquet - YouTube[/ame]

"Mitt doesn't make gaffes. When he said "less police, less firemen and less teachers", he was simply stating his policy positions."

He was also declaring that he doesn't know how to speak English. Well, that worked fine for 'W'.

"Mitt doesn't make gaffes. When he said "less police, less firemen and less teachers", he was simply stating his policy positions."

He was also declaring that he doesn't know how to speak English. Well, that worked fine for 'W'.

Obama picked the weapon of our enemies when he said this:

"AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals."

This is what is known as a "Freudian Slip".

First of all, the U.S. doesn't use AK-47s, so which country's military does he think he's in charge of?

Second, owning an AK-47 does not automatically make a gun-collector a "criminal".

Now on the subject of Navy Corpsemen............

Osama-AK-47.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/07/25/Obama-Thinks-US-Soldiers-Use-AK-47s

Last edited:
Yeah we all know liberals want more cops, to call pig? We know it's not to arrest people and put them in jail.

Right wingers constantly make blanket statements about liberals equating Democrats with Liberals. They don't have anything. It's why they attack. It's all they know.

The Republican Party is 90% white and has no liberals.

The Democratic Party is black, brown, white, gay straight Christian Muslim Hindu, atheist educated uneducated rich poor liberal and yes, conservative.

Sure, there are some people who don't like police, but I'm not one of them. But I do malign the Republican Party. It's become dirty. Filled with lots of bad people who don't mean anything good for this country.

As the Aurora tragedy proves, we need more police.

Response time improves with more firemen.

They fact you exist proves we need more teachers.

Mitt Romney was wrong. Anyone who believes anything that man says is deluded. He lies about everything.

How exactly were do the Aurora shootings prove we need more police? Police were in the parking lot of the theater. What was needed in that theater were a couple of folks carrying the weapons that their permits allowed, but the theater didn't. Police rarely stop crime. They just clean up after the fact.

Several questions here vel.............did you actually understand how the attack went down? Lemmie refresh your memory...........a dude walks into a theater, throws a CS (tear gas) cannister into the middle of the theater while wearing a gas mask and opens fire on people with an AR-15 loaded with 100 rounds of ammo and a pistol.

Have you ever been in the prescence of CS gas? I have. Matter of fact, I got to experience it in boot camp, and again when I became a member of the Security Force in Newport RI. It causes your eyes to tear up, your lungs feel like they're on fire, and lots of snot is running down your face.

Now............how many concealed carry weapons holders do you think are going to be able to make an accurate shot under those conditions? Then...........factor in the fact that there was no light and people were running to and fro trying to get out of the way. Are you sure they would have shot the right person?

Oh yeah..........yet another question............you also realize he came in with full body armor and a ballistic helmet, which means that the only weapons that had any chance against him are the ones used by SWAT with armor piercing rounds?

Yeah..............go ahead and tell me how good a shot you are and that under those conditions, you'd be able to hit a 1 ft by 1 ft target (area of his head not coveredy by armor) and take him out?

You've been watching WAAAAAYYYYY too many Die Hard movies.

As far as Romney's gaffe? I thought if there was one country he could easily make it through without any fuck ups would have been Britian, but I see that I was wrong. He's been in attack mode for so long that yeah, when asked about something, he's gonna tell everyone what is wrong with it, followed up by telling them he could do a better job.

And no......................you NEVER tell anyone that you've been talking to MI6, even if you have, because the Brits take secrets pretty seriously over there.

Right wingers constantly make blanket statements about liberals equating Democrats with Liberals. They don't have anything. It's why they attack. It's all they know.

The Republican Party is 90% white and has no liberals.

The Democratic Party is black, brown, white, gay straight Christian Muslim Hindu, atheist educated uneducated rich poor liberal and yes, conservative.

Sure, there are some people who don't like police, but I'm not one of them. But I do malign the Republican Party. It's become dirty. Filled with lots of bad people who don't mean anything good for this country.

As the Aurora tragedy proves, we need more police.

Response time improves with more firemen.

They fact you exist proves we need more teachers.

Mitt Romney was wrong. Anyone who believes anything that man says is deluded. He lies about everything.

How exactly were do the Aurora shootings prove we need more police? Police were in the parking lot of the theater. What was needed in that theater were a couple of folks carrying the weapons that their permits allowed, but the theater didn't. Police rarely stop crime. They just clean up after the fact.

Several questions here vel.............did you actually understand how the attack went down? Lemmie refresh your memory...........a dude walks into a theater, throws a CS (tear gas) cannister into the middle of the theater while wearing a gas mask and opens fire on people with an AR-15 loaded with 100 rounds of ammo and a pistol.

Have you ever been in the prescence of CS gas? I have. Matter of fact, I got to experience it in boot camp, and again when I became a member of the Security Force in Newport RI. It causes your eyes to tear up, your lungs feel like they're on fire, and lots of snot is running down your face.

Now............how many concealed carry weapons holders do you think are going to be able to make an accurate shot under those conditions? Then...........factor in the fact that there was no light and people were running to and fro trying to get out of the way. Are you sure they would have shot the right person?

Oh yeah..........yet another question............you also realize he came in with full body armor and a ballistic helmet, which means that the only weapons that had any chance against him are the ones used by SWAT with armor piercing rounds?

Yeah..............go ahead and tell me how good a shot you are and that under those conditions, you'd be able to hit a 1 ft by 1 ft target (area of his head not coveredy by armor) and take him out?

You've been watching WAAAAAYYYYY too many Die Hard movies.

As far as Romney's gaffe? I thought if there was one country he could easily make it through without any fuck ups would have been Britian, but I see that I was wrong. He's been in attack mode for so long that yeah, when asked about something, he's gonna tell everyone what is wrong with it, followed up by telling them he could do a better job.

And no......................you NEVER tell anyone that you've been talking to MI6, even if you have, because the Brits take secrets pretty seriously over there.

I have a solution....shoot him in the foot.

BTW, once the worthless prick's gun jammed the cops took him without a struggle.

Forum List

Back