Romney's trip to the UK rife with gaffes

No longer seen as gaffes, the UK Telegram reports serious problem in the lack of filled seats at the events and opener. Romney looks like a prophet now.

Erm...you made a gaffe. It's the Telegraph, not the Telegram. As for empty seats look no further than the greedy sponsors who hold the lion's share of tickets. That's all to do with how the Olympic Committee have over-commerialised the event at the expense of making tikets available to the general public. Oh, and could you provide a link to where Romney commented on the fact there would be empty seats...or is this just another example of your own political bias?

No longer seen as gaffes, the UK Telegram reports serious problem in the lack of filled seats at the events and opener. Romney looks like a prophet now.

Erm...you made a gaffe. It's the Telegraph, not the Telegram. As for empty seats look no further than the greedy sponsors who hold the lion's share of tickets. That's all to do with how the Olympic Committee have over-commerialised the event at the expense of making tikets available to the general public. Oh, and could you provide a link to where Romney commented on the fact there would be empty seats...or is this just another example of your own political bias?

Mitt didn't comment on empty seats....because the events had not taken place yet......but the press claims Romney was questioning if London was ready for the Olympics......and the attendance problems shows they may not have been as ready as they would like.

Last edited:
I think some things were deliberately set up. Romney was being honest when, for some strange reason, they asked him about Britain's preparedness for the Olympics. Good grief, they don't have enough security and there's a strike with immigration people. Was Romney supposed to lie and say they have their shit together? I think they'll get over him commenting on things that he was just told about faster than they'll get over the symbolic "fuck you" from Obama when he gave back the bust of Churchill. Romney can always make it up to them by presenting them with a set of DVDs, in the correct format this time, or give the queen an Ipod with his speeches on it.

Actually, most of us Brits couldn't give a fuck about what Romney has to say. In our country he's a nonentity. Having said that, you need to get your own facts right...rather than simply echoing Romney's rhetoric. Firstly, there was no strike. Yes, one was threatened but the issue was resolved even before Romney made a statement about it. As for the security issues, these had also been resolved before Romney was interviewed, with the drafting in of thousands of troops to fill the foul-up by a private security company. Seems Romney doesn't keep abreast of developments...or perhaps he has some sort of ulterior motive. Either way, we aren't offended or insulted by what he said. After all, he's a politician and over here we recognise the fact that politicians have a habit of speaking out of both sides of their mouth at the same time.

thanks for clearing that up..but they will ignore you

I'm sure they will. Some only hear what they want to hear...generally the garbage emanating from the mouths of politicians and spin doctors. A group of individuals who only believe half of what they hear and nothing of what they say!

The English are good for three things

- Terriers
- Guitar amplifiers
- The Supermarine Spitfire

Outside of that. Meh.

Mitt didn't comment on empty seats....because the events had not taken place yet......but the press claims Romney was questioning if London was ready for the Olympics......and the attendance problems shows they may not have been as ready as they would like.

You don't get it. All the seats were allocated.It appears the empty seats are from tickets held by sponsors. Thus any whining should be directed against those corporations. Should be easy for you. Many are US companies!

You don't get it. All the seats were allocated.It appears the empty seats are from tickets held by sponsors. Thus any whining should be directed against those corporations. Should be easy for you. Many are US companies!

I'm sure you would like to assume that. You would like to blame these problems on us. I think this is a problem with the organizers, not the folks that bought the tickets. If they wanted to prevent this from happening they should have given locals first crack at the tickets. This horseshit kind of takes away Great Britain's home-field advantage. I would think that the organizers would want home-field advantage.

I'm kind of chuckling over the bluster that the mayor of London exhibited right now. He looks pretty much like a dick in my opinion.

BTW, most large companies are global, many with offices all over the world, not just in the United States.

Romney's trip to the UK rife with gaffes

Romney's trip to the UK rife with gaffes | The Chronicle-Journal

The man reminds me of Zimmerman. He digs a hole and jump into it with his foot in his mouth and cover himself up.:lol:

Romney reminds you of an accused murderer because what? Pretty convenient for the left to have a tax exempt propaganda network like Media Matters and American Bridge to cherry pick Romney statements and feed them to the left wing Brit media. Anything is better than talking about Barry Hussein.

I'm sure you would like to assume that. You would like to blame these problems on us. I think this is a problem with the organizers, not the folks that bought the tickets. If they wanted to prevent this from happening they should have given locals first crack at the tickets. This horseshit kind of takes away Great Britain's home-field advantage. I would think that the organizers would want home-field advantage.

I'm kind of chuckling over the bluster that the mayor of London exhibited right now. He looks pretty much like a dick in my opinion.

BTW, most large companies are global, many with offices all over the world, not just in the United States.

Don't take it personally MW. Just being ironic and batting the ball back in the style some here seem to prefer. Nevertheless, the fact remains that the allocation of tickets by way of sponsorship, vip hobnobs and general hangers on versus those made available to the general public, is conducted by the Olympic Committee, not the UK organisers. There is a lot of anger here over how local people have been unable to obtain tickets or have been priced out with outrageous prices. Quite disgusting given the the fact that London taxpayers have funded a huge proportion of the costs.

Don't take it personally MW. Just being ironic and batting the ball back in the style some here seem to prefer. Nevertheless, the fact remains that the allocation of tickets by way of sponsorship, vip hobnobs and general hangers on versus those made available to the general public, is conducted by the Olympic Committee, not the UK organisers. There is a lot of anger here over how local people have been unable to obtain tickets or have been priced out with outrageous prices. Quite disgusting given the the fact that London taxpayers have funded a huge proportion of the costs.

I'm not gonna say what I think about the Olympic Committee other than I think they're like the Nobel Prize committee. Political assholes.

If it's their fault this turned out like this then I don't blame the Brits for being less than enthusiastic. Seems to me when you're chosen to host you have to accept being buggered and take it with a smile.

My son works in London and he isn't going into his companies offices there until after the Olympics. The city was not prepared.

Don't act like you liberals don't do the same thing with Obama when he embarrass himself.

I just find this a petty reason for the brits to upset over..

Obama doesn't embarrass himself. You people lie so damn much.

You are right. He's to stupid to know he should be embarrassed.

He does embarrass many of us with his retarded leadership though.

Everything you say is based on hate, ignorance, and predjudice. It's in everything you write about the president. Do you think nobody can tell??

Forum List

Back