Romney's Swiss bank account

Whats to defend??

If your wealthy enough to have money in a Swiss Bank Account or the Cayman Islands then good for you.

Many people have such accounts and its 100% legal.

Rush and his commenting veiwers seemed to think they werew signs of tax evasion

Since I don't listen to Rush I really don't give a fuck what his viewers think.

You however seem to be a listener as your mentioning the guy.

Carry on.

I proved my point that the right used to rail against them huh?

Carry on.

No you have'nt....

I cant wait to have some $$$ there.

You have only proved you are jealous. :dunno:

Carry on.

No, you 'proved' that Rush and a bunch of idiots rail against them.

That is not 'the right'.... unlike the left, we don't do 'herd mentality'. (You might need to look that phrase up.... try reading 'Nudge' by Cass Sunstein)

Really? And yet he published his tax returns.... showing the off shore accounts. Hardly a 'secret' if you publish them. Now, about Obama's college transcripts... where are they? :lol:

Really, cherry picking tax returns is sharing them? Let's see his returns for the past decade, as well as the checks and cash he recieved for his 'work'. And, I'd like to see where Gingrich got his millions too, as well as every member of Congress, each and every Wall Street millionaire who donates money to political candidates too.

You do understand, most of America gets a check for labor done; along with the net income is an accounting of where each dollar of the gross went.

White collar crime is crime and ought to be prosecuted with the same vigor as is street crime.

There is no fucking crime in holding off shore accounts. None. Nada. Zip. Do I need to be more clear?

No. You're always clear (in your opinions); do you have any proof there is no tax evasion?

Why would someone move their money off shore? Money in American banks would seem to be loaned to American business and American citizens, would it not? If the exchange of money is the reason, do Swiss, Cayman, Luxembourg banks send the IRS a statement of interest earned as does my credit union?

So a non fucking crime includes white collar crime or excludes white collar crime? I guess it depends on who gets fucked. It really becomes fucking confusing. Oh fuck it, who the fuck cares.

Really, cherry picking tax returns is sharing them? Let's see his returns for the past decade, as well as the checks and cash he recieved for his 'work'. And, I'd like to see where Gingrich got his millions too, as well as every member of Congress, each and every Wall Street millionaire who donates money to political candidates too.

You do understand, most of America gets a check for labor done; along with the net income is an accounting of where each dollar of the gross went.

White collar crime is crime and ought to be prosecuted with the same vigor as is street crime.

There is no fucking crime in holding off shore accounts. None. Nada. Zip. Do I need to be more clear?

No. You're always clear (in your opinions); do you have any proof there is no tax evasion?

Why would someone move their money off shore? Money in American banks would seem to be loaned to American business and American citizens, would it not? If the exchange of money is the reason, do Swiss, Cayman, Luxembourg banks send the IRS a statement of interest earned as does my credit union?

So a non fucking crime includes white collar crime or excludes white collar crime? I guess it depends on who gets fucked. It really becomes fucking confusing. Oh fuck it, who the fuck cares.

Wait.... what? We're now guilty until proved innocent in this country? Damn. Was that the 'change' from the 'hope and change' bullshit? Do you realize how fucking ludicrous that comment is? Wow. Just wow.

People don't generally move their money offshore. Off shore accounts are used for international investments - of which Romney will have a substantial amount... (because that's how wealthy people invest... globally).

It is not an indication of tax evasion.... if it were, half of fucking Hollywood.... and people like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, George Soros, etc would be in prison.

Use your fucking brain. You are not a stupid person.

It is not an indication of tax evasion.... if it were, half of fucking Hollywood.... .

Taking the $$$$ to Switzerland is an indication of income preservation and there is nothing is wrong with that.

But I enjoy seeing welfare/warfare state politicians hoisted with their own petards.

They don't 'take it' anywhere. The majority of people who use off shore accounts use them as to 'park' funds earned outside the United States. It is straightforward tax efficiency. They pay tax on it when they move it inside the US. It is all very common, and very legal.

It is not an indication of tax evasion.... if it were, half of fucking Hollywood.... .

Taking the $$$$ to Switzerland is an indication of income preservation and there is nothing is wrong with that.

But I enjoy seeing welfare/warfare state politicians hoisted with their own petards.

They don't 'take it' anywhere. The majority of people who use off shore accounts use them as to 'park' funds earned outside the United States. It is straightforward tax efficiency. They pay tax on it when they move it inside the US. It is all very common, and very legal.

Again, I agree.

But our Constitution (1787) was also designed for income protection.

The evidence clearly shows that the sixteenth amendment was not ratified . The evidence also shows that the authority to withhold tax at the source ended in 1943.

Yet neither Republican nor Democrat politicians want to get involve to stop the looting.

Politically, hiding offshore investments and accounts is a liability, but there’s also a legal aspect to the discrepancies. “All candidates for federal office are required by federal law to list their assets on this personal financial disclosure form,” explained Roussell. “This is a big deal,” Roussell stressed, “I want to make sure people understand.”

Romney’s failure to include the information about the Swiss bank account could have legal consequences, but only under one condition: if he deliberately left such information off the form, an election law expert tells TPM.

Romney’s Tax Return Nightmare Worsens After Errors Found In Financial Disclosure Statements | TPM2012

If he were a Democrat, his ignorance wouldn't matter.

I'm not going to hold it against him, but then again, I'm not a hypocrite.

Politically, hiding offshore investments and accounts is a liability, but there’s also a legal aspect to the discrepancies. “All candidates for federal office are required by federal law to list their assets on this personal financial disclosure form,” explained Roussell. “This is a big deal,” Roussell stressed, “I want to make sure people understand.”

Romney’s failure to include the information about the Swiss bank account could have legal consequences, but only under one condition: if he deliberately left such information off the form, an election law expert tells TPM.

Romney’s Tax Return Nightmare Worsens After Errors Found In Financial Disclosure Statements | TPM2012

Also from your link:

Lying to the FEC is crime, but proving that Romney decided to purposefully omit the information (if he did) would be a pretty high burden to meet. There’s been nothing to indicate so far that Romney did anything more than make a mistake on a complicated government form. But if Roussell’s allegations are correct — and it’s proven that the omission of offshore accounts and investments, as well as investments connected to Bain Capital were left off purposefully, for political reasons — then Romney is in trouble legally. Obviously that’s a big “if.”

This is nothing but speculation.

Also from your link:

Lying to the FEC is crime, but proving that Romney decided to purposefully omit the information (if he did) would be a pretty high burden to meet. There’s been nothing to indicate so far that Romney did anything more than make a mistake on a complicated government form. But if Roussell’s allegations are correct — and it’s proven that the omission of offshore accounts and investments, as well as investments connected to Bain Capital were left off purposefully, for political reasons — then Romney is in trouble legally. Obviously that’s a big “if.”

Of course. But if it were a Dem, it would have been damning evidence. I offer you those on the left that have been smacked around because the tax code is inscrutable.

Also from your link:

Of course. But if it were a Dem, it would have been damning evidence. I offer you those on the left that have been smacked around because the tax code is inscrutable.

Half of congress owe back taxes. I don't make an issue of that.... I'm far more concerned about insider trading... but I do think our congress critters should pay their taxes on time.

Thing is... having as many accounts and holdings and shit as Romney does - and it is the same for any wealthy individual... the form filling, filings, etc are incredibly complex. If there is actual evidence of wrong doing, great... I'll hang him... and do it happily. But so far, all there is is speculation... even the article itself says it's a big 'if'.

The IRS tends to scrutinize these people far more closely.... and I'm of the opinion that, if there was something illegal, they'd have been all over it before now. It's actually quite hard to successfully hide vast sums of money these days.

Also from your link:

Half of congress owe back taxes. I don't make an issue of that.... I'm far more concerned about insider trading... but I do think our congress critters should pay their taxes on time.

Thing is... having as many accounts and holdings and shit as Romney does - and it is the same for any wealthy individual... the form filling, filings, etc are incredibly complex. If there is actual evidence of wrong doing, great... I'll hang him... and do it happily. But so far, all there is is speculation... even the article itself says it's a big 'if'.

The IRS tends to scrutinize these people far more closely.... and I'm of the opinion that, if there was something illegal, they'd have been all over it before now. It's actually quite hard to successfully hide vast sums of money these days.
Not really. There are red flags involved, and lots of red flags don't turn up unless you are acting in an unusual manner in a short period of time.

Not really. There are red flags involved, and lots of red flags don't turn up unless you are acting in an unusual manner in a short period of time.

I'd respectfully disagree - based on personal experience. :eusa_angel::lol:

Forum List

Back