Romney's Swiss bank account

More class warfare. Wants Romney's money.

You're already getting enough of mine. Food stamps anyone. :p

food-stamp-restaurants.jpg

Now at a restaurant near you.

:rofl:

<oops>Does it really exist in any place but the fevered imaginations of those who regard Republicans with hatred as a pavlovian response?</oops>

Probably the reason he didn't want to reveal the tax returns right there. But since he revealed it on his tax returns, it pretty much means it is legit. It seems he is just trying to protect the value of an asset. The Euro is sick, the dollar isn't in great shape either.

I remember back when the swiss frank was worth 25 cents back in the 80s Things have changed a lot over the years as the dollar continusely inflates and the swiss frank does not.

chart
He didn't release his pre-2010 tax returns. And that is when he had (or his wife, actually) had the account.

So what? It is not illegal to hold off shore accounts.

<oops>Does it really exist in any place but the fevered imaginations of those who regard Republicans with hatred as a pavlovian response?</oops>

Probably the reason he didn't want to reveal the tax returns right there. But since he revealed it on his tax returns, it pretty much means it is legit. It seems he is just trying to protect the value of an asset. The Euro is sick, the dollar isn't in great shape either.

I remember back when the swiss frank was worth 25 cents back in the 80s Things have changed a lot over the years as the dollar continusely inflates and the swiss frank does not.

chart
He didn't release his pre-2010 tax returns. And that is when he had (or his wife, actually) had the account.

So what? It is not illegal to hold off shore accounts.
No it isn't. But this will have to be looked at.

are swiss bank accounts part of the republican platform?

You do know that there are a few Democrats with similar accounts, right? Are you absolutely sure you want to make this an issue?

Yes she does tend to forget how many millionaire Dems occupy Congress and America in general. Wonder if Pelosi and Reid have similar accounts??

Shit. Wish I had enough money to put in a Swiss bank accoung or the Caymans. LOL

Last edited:
Maybe if Romney wins the presidency he could secure our Social Security funds in a Swiss bank account or the Cayman Islands or something... :lol: I'd be cool with that, as long as it protects my SS from being swindled away by a bunch of financially clueless politicians!

What is up with that?

A legal tax shelter for legal overseas investment income

Yep. Not rocket science.... or maybe it is... because it does seem a tad over the intellectual pay grade of many.

I'm curious as to what the big deal is....i guess it plays into the "us vs them" "class warfare" campaign strategy of obama....that is the only reason I see this being a big deal....although how many millions do the obama's rake in annually again? ;)

the right only likes them when they are held by republicans

I like them no matter what political party the holder of the account might be. Some people who aren't even affiliated to any political party hold off shore accounts.

Shocking huh?

Americans having overseas investments having overseas bank accounts. The outrage of it all!

I got news for ya... as long as those accounts are declared and any taxes due are paid... they are not illegal.... and they are not illegal for good reason.... because it's not a bad thing to do. It makes for an efficient way to minimize one's taxes.

I like them no matter what political party the holder of the account might be. Some people who aren't even affiliated to any political party hold off shore accounts.

Shocking huh?

Americans having overseas investments having overseas bank accounts. The outrage of it all!

I got news for ya... as long as those accounts are declared and any taxes due are paid... they are not illegal.... and they are not illegal for good reason.... because it's not a bad thing to do. It makes for an efficient way to minimize one's taxes.

Watch out for George Sorros and Ariana Huffington :lol:

Maybe if Romney wins the presidency he could secure our Social Security funds in a Swiss bank account or the Cayman Islands or something... :lol: I'd be cool with that, as long as it protects my SS from being swindled away by a bunch of financially clueless politicians!

As an interesting aside... some local governments in the UK held funds off shore... that was local tax payers money... held in accounts outside the UK.

Worked real well.

Until the banks in Iceland went bust.

Wanna guess where those accounts were based?

:lol:

Shocking huh?

Watch out for George Sorros and Ariana Huffington :lol:

Not to mention a few members of Congress... including the Dems.

Forum List

Back