Romney's new ad - irony at its finest

the facts behind Joe Soptic's allegations are what the Republicans have failed to disprove and only reinforce its message with their defections -

another story as with mittens Tax returns, being as legs on a Millepede walking their way till the final returns in November.

You're out of touch. There are very little facts in his statements and there are a mountain of facts left out. For instance:

1. Romney wasn't part of the operations of Bain at the time, he was in charge of the Olympics.

2. Scoptic's wife had insurance of her own when Joe was laid off, then she lost hers, which had nothing to do with Romney or Bain.

PredFan;5785503: 1. Romney wasn't part of the operations of Bain at the time, he was in charge of the Olympics.

when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993 - - - as a result of decisions that Mitt Romney made

yes, Romney was who took over the steel plant and profited from its closure.

and yes the facts of Joe Soptic's account are accurate and reflect the type of business Romney involved himself with and how he made his fortune - at other peoples expense - is the correct message demonstrated by the add.

I see, reading comprehension is your problem.

It's ironic that Romney would use a dead woman for scoring points while claiming someone else should be ashamed for doing it.

In case you don't get it, Romney is using a dead woman to score points.

How is he using a dead woman to score points? He's using a shameful ad to score political points.

And then there is this truth.

They don't give 2 shits about that dead lady... they are trolling us to get under our skin.

I say FUCK EM.

Soggy in NOLA: Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

Factoid.... businesses go out of business all the time... you're not guaranteed health insurance for life when you take a job. WTF is wrong with you people?

Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined.

link - he probably stayed hoping to keep his benefits for retirement. makes no difference as if it was a choice between bankruptcy or buyout he obviously would have chosen buyout.

businesses go out of business all the time...

correct and for different reasons ... the reason is the issue and how it affected the people involved -

Last edited:
Here is how campaign finance rules on superpacs works. Neither the candidate nor his campaign can have contact with or approve or disapporove any superpac ads. They have to keep an arm's distance and unfortunately that can create hard feelings and misunderstandings all the way around. Obama can't condemn it.

Bull shit.

He can't say "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message" but he certainly can call it as the BS that it is.

You're out of touch. There are very little facts in his statements and there are a mountain of facts left out. For instance:

1. Romney wasn't part of the operations of Bain at the time, he was in charge of the Olympics.

2. Scoptic's wife had insurance of her own when Joe was laid off, then she lost hers, which had nothing to do with Romney or Bain.

PredFan;5785503: 1. Romney wasn't part of the operations of Bain at the time, he was in charge of the Olympics.

when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993 - - - as a result of decisions that Mitt Romney made

and yes the facts of Joe Soptic's account are accurate and reflect the type of business Romney involved himself with and how he made his fortune - at other peoples expense - is the correct message demonstrated by the add.

Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

Factoid.... businesses go out of business all the time... you're not guaranteed health insurance for life when you take a job. WTF is wrong with you people?

Forget it, Breezewood has reading comprehension problems, he can't understand what he reads.

It's not irony.

Romney is using the fact that Obama used the woman's death. Romney is not using the woman's death. Sheesh. Two separate issues.

Soggy in NOLA: Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

link - he probably stayed hoping to keep his benefits for retirement. makes no difference as if it was a choice between bankruptcy or buyout he obviously would have chosen buyout.

businesses go out of business all the time...

correct and for different reasons ... the reason is the issue and how it affected the people involved -

Star of Cancer Ad Joe Soptic Offered a Buy Out by Bain - Katie Pavlich

So, you are trying to say that it is irony that Romney is criticising Obama for not distancing himself from the false ad? Perhaps it is irony, but only IF you believe that Romney is doing it solely for political gain. I don't believe he is. I believe he is completely justified in calling out the Obama campaign for allowing the ad to be published without a challenge or a single word from Obama.

Left wing partisan hacks will try to point at the irony in order to avert attention from the sameful act by Obama of not distancing himself from the ad.

It's ironic that Romney would use a dead woman for scoring points while claiming someone else should be ashamed for doing it.

Romney is calling Obama out for his shameful act of not distancing himself from an ad that is blatantly wrong. there may be some irony in it, but it's justified and you are simply trying to deflect from the fact that Obama is wrong for not distancing himself from the ad.

In case you don't get it, the irony is meaningless.

I read they are distancing themselves from that ad! From the husband in the ad:

“When the cancer took her away, all I got was an enormous bill,” Mr. Soptic said on the call. “It wouldn’t have happened if I had my old job at the steel mill.”

Mr. Soptic also appeared in an ad produced by Mr. Obama’s campaign, though he did not tell the story of his wife’s death in that ad.

Aides to Mr. Obama did not say they were unaware of Mr. Soptic’s existence, a position which would have been impossible to maintain. But they said they did not know details about his wife’s illness, her dealings with insurance and her death.

I haven't listened to the ad completely to decipher it but perhaps he meant the huge insurance bill wouldn't have happened if he had his old job because it would have covered what her insurance didn't pay and maybe she didn't get the best treatment/care due to not having as good a coverage due to his layoff.

the facts behind Joe Soptic's allegations are what the Republicans have failed to disprove and only reinforce its message with their defections -

another story as with mittens Tax returns, being as legs on a Millepede walking their way till the final returns in November.

This stuff is getting out of hand. The add has been denounced repeatedly by numerous people on the left as horrendously deceptive and yet retards like BreezeWood will defend it til their dying day.

Right, not Obama. But Mitten's voice is at the end of his ad approving it.

I know sweetheart - but Obama "denying" he had anything to do with/had knowledge
of the "dead lady" advertisement is a bold-faced lie on his part.
Obama hasn't said the first word about the ad. Maybe this is too subtle for you....:lol:

Stop abusing that dumbass....nah, I'm kidding...keep it up. It's fun to watch!:clap2:

“What does it say about a president’s character when his campaign tries to use the tragedy of a woman’s death for political gain”

:lmao:

Didnt the democrat ad use a women's death for political gain?

Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

Could he have retired retroactively and got his pension/benefits?

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4691-romney-retirement.jpg

Could he have retired retroactively and got his pension/benefits?

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4691-romney-retirement.jpg

He could have taken the buyout, but he refused it.

It also says (Obama's) that HE approved the ad - then he (Obama) denied ever having contact with the family.

Me thinks Obama is a lying sack of shit, but he's Unelected in November, so it's a non-issue.

Actually, the Soptic ad was done by a PAC all on it's own...

Meanwhile, Romney is crying like a stuck pig because someone called him on his kind of capitalism.

He just looks weak and tacky.

I see that now.

So, you are trying to say that it is irony that Romney is criticising Obama for not distancing himself from the false ad? Perhaps it is irony, but only IF you believe that Romney is doing it solely for political gain. I don't believe he is. I believe he is completely justified in calling out the Obama campaign for allowing the ad to be published without a challenge or a single word from Obama.

Left wing partisan hacks will try to point at the irony in order to avert attention from the sameful act by Obama of not distancing himself from the ad.

No he isn't. The only here "irony" is that Mitt is now being attacked for fighting back against a baseless smear.

Romney looks petty and small.

Do you remember Goldwater whining about the "Daisy Girl" ad?

Or Reagan whining about the "He's going to blow up the world" ads.

Or Bush-43 whining about the terrible things MoveON said about him?

I don't want a whiny Mormon as a president, I'm not sure why you do.

“What does it say about a president’s character when his campaign tries to use the tragedy of a woman’s death for political gain”

:lmao:
So, in your little world, a Democrat President, with illicit control of a PAC, should be allowed to politicize a woman's death, making all but outright accusations of murder, but the Republican Candidate is using the woman when defending his or her self from the outright slander?

Okay, gotcha.

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back