Romneycare is not a valid comparison to Obamacare

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Here's why: Romneycare is a STATE program enacted by Taxachusetts. I don't live there and I don't care what they do. It's up to the citizens of that state to decide. My only objection to it would be if it required additional FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS paid by other states.

Obamacare is a FEDERAL program that was rammed down our throats, without popular support, through political manipulation by a diselected Congress and a deceitful President who has shown complete disdain for any Constitutional limits on his authority.

Any questions?

Here's why: Romneycare is a STATE program enacted by Taxachusetts. I don't live there and I don't care what they do. It's up to the citizens of that state to decide. My only objection to it would be if it required additional FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS paid by other states.

Obamacare is a FEDERAL program that was rammed down our throats, without popular support, through political manipulation by a diselected Congress and a deceitful President who has shown complete disdain for any Constitutional limits on his authority.

Any questions?

So your concern with Obamacare is that it is a federal program not a state program. Got it. If we had 50 Obamacares you would be thrilled. But since we have 1 brought on by the feds you are upset.

I am not a state's rights guy. Guess we can argue about the god given rights of Missouri to stop water flowing to Arkansas or something.

Any questions?

So your concern with Obamacare is that it is a federal program not a state program. Got it. If we had 50 Obamacares you would be thrilled. But since we have 1 brought on by the feds you are upset.

I am not a state's rights guy. Guess we can argue about the god given rights of Missouri to stop water flowing to Arkansas or something.

I guess you aren't a Constitution guy, either.

Any questions?

Yeah here's one.
-- How long does your nose grow when you write a post like that? :rofl:
If you live in the affected state (commonwealth), the only difference is whether the Enforcer is based in Washington or in Boston.

BFD.

Any questions?

I guess you aren't a Constitution guy, either.

By the time the Reagan kingship was over one man clearly had the right to declare war and there was no political party against Presidential over reach. So I am left living in this world I was born into.

FWIW, I am ok with most of that. Maybe being in StLouis County with its 100 or whatever mini cities full of local kings has turned me off to the decentralized system.

Would you have supported a federal law compelling the states to each enact a mandatory healthcare system that met this and that minimal standard?

Forum List

Back