Romney Wont Release His Tax Returns?

You mean not being candid with the voters isn't an ethical issue?

You know what, I want a president who is going to level with me. Not one who is going to try to hide stuff that people might make fun of.

This is par for the course with this guy.

Do you support Obama? If so you have no grounds to make the above statement.

Don't like Obama, don't want to vote for him,

But I think Mitt Romney is an absolute scumbag.

I simply think he's an evil person. That's the long and short of it. Evil Religion, evil business practices, evil politics. No morals or standards and not a guy I'd want near the nukes.

Obama's just a boob.

I'll take boobs over evil any day.

In other words you are a bigot. You hate a religion you know almost nothing about. You hate a business man cause he was well a Business man. And don't even start on politics. If you think Romney's politics were "evil" why in hell would you think Obama's are just boobery?

Lets recap shall we?

Obama hired lawyers to HIDE his past. This after claiming he had nothing to hide and would run the most open Administration EVER. He hide his college records, he hid his wife's college records, he hid papers he and she wrote in college. He hid his connections to organizations and certain people. He hid his wife's work record.

He used the office of the President to attack veterans, civilians and political opponents via the Justice Department and the FBI. Ring a bell? Nixon anyone? He had the Justice Department declare that returning veterans were a terror threat. He demand that Congress authorize him to be able to arrest, detain and hold outside the Country via the military anyone HE decided was a terror risk. American citizens that would be denied the right to Habeus Corpis, denied the right to a day in court. Denied the very protections of the Bill of Rights.

He stated in a signing statement he had the right to pick and chose what laws he would obey and to ignore the Constitution and the Congress if he wanted to.

But Romney is evil and Obama is just a fool?

You are a dumb fucking retard.

In other words you are a bigot. You hate a religion you know almost nothing about. You hate a business man cause he was well a Business man. And don't even start on politics. If you think Romney's politics were "evil" why in hell would you think Obama's are just boobery?

I know quite a lot about the LDS cult. Even suffered through a reading of the book of Mormon. It's an evil religion started by a guy who wanted to have sex with teenage girls and con less smart people out of their money. They've subsequently dropped the sex part.

HIs business was screwing people out of good paying jobs to make himself richer. People like him were the ones who've gotten us into the mess where the American Dream got sent to China.

And his politics are, "How can we fool them today?" I don't know where he stands on anything, nor do I care. I know where Obama stands. Don't agree with much of it, but I know where he stands.

Lets recap shall we?

I'll just edit through the typical ODS we see on this board.

He stated in a signing statement he had the right to pick and chose what laws he would obey and to ignore the Constitution and the Congress if he wanted to.

Since Bush essentially did the same thing, I'm not seeing a problem here. The whole concept of Signing statements has been abused for a long time.

Nope, just not one that wants to hand my country off to an evil cult.

I know quite a lot about the LDS cult. Even suffered through a reading of the book of Mormon. It's an evil religion started by a guy who wanted to have sex with teenage girls and con less smart people out of their money. They've subsequently dropped the sex part.

HIs business was screwing people out of good paying jobs to make himself richer. People like him were the ones who've gotten us into the mess where the American Dream got sent to China.

And his politics are, "How can we fool them today?" I don't know where he stands on anything, nor do I care. I know where Obama stands. Don't agree with much of it, but I know where he stands.

Lets recap shall we?

I'll just edit through the typical ODS we see on this board.

Since Bush essentially did the same thing, I'm not seeing a problem here. The whole concept of Signing statements has been abused for a long time.

Nope, just not one that wants to hand my country off to an evil cult.

RETARD ALERT. Provide a link to a signing Statement by Bush that stated he intended to break the law, preferably one that he JUST signed.

By the way you dumb ass? How does a President, ANY President, sign over the Country to ANY religion?

For that to even be remotely possible he would need 218 Members of the House of representatives, at least 51 Senators ( probably 60 because of the way it works) and a majority of voters in 37 States. But then I assume no one in here has claimed you are a bright bulb when it comes to how our Government works, have they?

RETARD ALERT.

Yes, most of your posts are...

Provide a link to a signing Statement by Bush that stated he intended to break the law, preferably one that he JUST signed.

Provide one by Obama... other than your usually silly ODS nonsense.

By the way you dumb ass? How does a President, ANY President, sign over the Country to ANY religion?

For that to even be remotely possible he would need 218 Members of the House of representatives, at least 51 Senators ( probably 60 because of the way it works) and a majority of voters in 37 States. But then I assume no one in here has claimed you are a bright bulb when it comes to how our Government works, have they?

You just claimed that signing statements can establish a dictatorship. Now you are saying that's impossible? Make up your mind, guy.

I'll just stop at "not voting for the guy who belongs to the whackadoo cult with the magic underwear" and call it a day. :lol:

RETARD ALERT.

Yes, most of your posts are...

Provide a link to a signing Statement by Bush that stated he intended to break the law, preferably one that he JUST signed.

Provide one by Obama... other than your usually silly ODS nonsense.

You just claimed that signing statements can establish a dictatorship. Now you are saying that's impossible? Make up your mind, guy.

I'll just stop at "not voting for the guy who belongs to the whackadoo cult with the magic underwear" and call it a day. :lol:

Keep proving just how fucking STUPID you are. Obama JUST signed the Budget and then did a signing statement that said he would violate numerous portions of it cause he wanted to.

Now find where I claimed Obama was a dictator. Or that signing statements made one a dictator.

And to your IGNORANT claim about religion, the ONLY way a Religion becomes the State religion is if someone AMENDS the Constitution. That means ( civic lesson here for the brain dead moron) 218 Congresspeople, 51 Senators to pass the Amendment proposal and a majority of voters in 37 States to actually pass the Amendment.

But then no one is referring to you as a bright bulb yet I see.

What if he paid only 20 bucks on 200 million in income?

Right wingers would say, "That's 20 bucks too much, we should be giving him money".

Thank you for making shit up.
It makes you more believable.

Oh wait, it doesn't.

As long as he doesn't release his returns, we can make up whatever we want.

I learned that from Republicans.

Oops.

What if he paid only 20 bucks on 200 million in income?

Right wingers would say, "That's 20 bucks too much, we should be giving him money".

Oh wait, it doesn't.

Oops.

And we can call you a hypocrite. A liar. And a Retard. Thanks for playing.

Oh wait, it doesn't.

Oops.

And we can call you a hypocrite. A liar. And a Retard. Thanks for playing.

Right wingers on this site have always called me that. They don't disprove what I say. They just call names. It's all they have. And you just proved my point. Don't thank me. I'm thanking you.

Keep proving just how fucking STUPID you are. Obama JUST signed the Budget and then did a signing statement that said he would violate numerous portions of it cause he wanted to.

Now find where I claimed Obama was a dictator. Or that signing statements made one a dictator.

And to your IGNORANT claim about religion, the ONLY way a Religion becomes the State religion is if someone AMENDS the Constitution. That means ( civic lesson here for the brain dead moron) 218 Congresspeople, 51 Senators to pass the Amendment proposal and a majority of voters in 37 States to actually pass the Amendment.

But then no one is referring to you as a bright bulb yet I see.

So essentially, you made a hysterical statement about Obama's signing statements, when really, he isn't doing anything Bush didn't do- a lot.

And frankly, I don't buy the whole notion that a process protects us from any kind of dictatorship. What protects us from dictators is recognizing their potential and stopping it before it starts.

The Mormons haves stated from Joseph Smith that their intent is to establish a theocracy in this country run by them. Not going to wait to see a process stop them after giving them a huge advantage.

If I have to bite a bullet and vote for Obama (an inept boob) to keep that from happening, that's what I'll do. Sorry. Sorry my party decided to push me to that point. But they've been doing stupid stuff for years now, it doesn't surprise me.

The issue seems to be clear. He is paying a tax rate that is very low. That is not his fault. He has accountants smart enough to take advantage of every loophole afforded to people who have assets. We have to remember, what probably gets him there is things like philanthropic dealings. But what is wrong is not closing these loopholes so those tax holes don't give these tax advatanges to the rich.

Their fair share of taxes should be a fair rate substantially higher than ours.

He hasn't done anything wrong. The laws are wrong.

True enough.

But I think Romney's biggest problem with the voters (after the fact he belongs to a whackadoo cult, but we aren't ever supposed to talk about that) is that he comes off as a guy of privilage, who has never gotten dirt under his perfectly manicured fingernails, who has never had to worry about a mortgage payment or a utility bill. Someone who put working stiffs out of jobs while he bought himself a few more mansions.

And finding out that he was able to hire accountants to find a bunch of dodges to not even pay a reasonable rate on that would just be another example of "One law for the Rich".

My question is to Republicans, why are we walking into this trap?

Oh, that's right. Because he's "electable". Really.

Do you really think the person? in the white house EVER got dirt under "his" fingernails???? He may have put himself into some depraved situations, but where does it show that he EVER actually worked? Manipulation of people as a community organizer? College titles without documentation? State senator that voted "present"? Self-proclaimed uniter that is dividing the country? Again with the double standards, you guys will put all of us into third world status to have your "dream" that has no proven record, has proven failures/destruction/deaths, but instead of looking at the facts, you act like cult members and chant the talking points without ever explaining a plan or logic of how to reach the "dream".

Please tell us all what is Obama's plan after he is re-elected. Will he stop spending? Will he actually make health-care work? Will he stop the Wall Street partnership he has? Will he stop feeding his favorite corporations our tax dollars? What is his plan?
What I have heard is changing the country to support the world (we, the taxpayers, support his chosen dictators) while he insults our allies. I interpret that as: the working people (the middle class) will be in a slave like status to support the elite politicians (see the politicians get richer as the middle class gets poorer) and their pet projects. Because of this the wealth of the nation will be reduced (the pie will get smaller, and there will be less to go around), the producers will be punished and the "mob"/legion will be rewarded (see Roman empire preceding fall). There will be more "poor" (check the increase of poor during his present term). There will be less given to charities (donations are no longer tax-deductible and those that give are likely to give less, they feel their "fair share" is being stolen from them thru taxes), their will be more "needy" beggars in the streets. People will be beaten and abused in the streets while witnesses will turn their heads, the rewards for "helping" will be to have more taken from you (money, property, or your health/life). Crime will prevail in most cities. How can it turn out, differently? Please, explain it, logically.

You fucking odumbobot HACKS that think bringing up some tiny little thing that an opponent is HIDING is going to be effective, you people are opening the can of worms that ALL REPUBLICANS are HOPING AND PRAYING you open, because NO PERSON IN POLITICS is HIDING MORE SHIT THAN BARRY SOETORO/BARACK OBAMA. So go for it MORONS.... REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS...

Obama spokesman blasts Romney for 'hiding' records
President still blocking access to host of documents related to his past

The Mystery of Barack Obama Continues

Obama records still hidden, Original birth certificate, College records, Senate records, Obama used tax payer dollars to hide records

OBAMA'S HIDDEN DOCUMENTS (and list of scandals to date)

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:15:05 PM by Liz

0bama's hidden records: Why would he hide every scrap of his past history? Why are these docs off-limits?

1 Certified copy of original birth certificate

2 Columbia University transcripts

3 Columbia thesis paper

4 Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups

5 Harvard University transcripts

6 Illinois State Senate records

7 Illinois State Senate schedule

8 Law practice client list and billing records/summary

9 Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mother

10 Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)

11 Occidental College Transcripts

12 Parent’s marriage Certificate

13 Record of baptism

14 Selective Service registration records (Did Obama Actually Register for Selective Service?

15 Schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007

16 Passport records for all passports

17 Scholarly articles

18 SAT and LSAT test scores

19 Access to his grandmother in Kenya

20 List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists

21 Punahou grade school records

22 Noelani Kindergarten records are oddly missing from the the State of Hawaii Department of Education.

23 Page 11 of Stanley Ann Dunham's divorce decree.

24 Why isn't Barack Obama still a member of the Illinois bar and where are all of the relevant documents?

25 Why isn't Michelle Obama still a member of the Illinois bar, after only about four years of practice, and where are all of the relevant documents?

:clap::clap::clap:

Wonder if anyone will answer you?

Do you really think the person? in the white house EVER got dirt under "his" fingernails???? He may have put himself into some depraved situations, but where does it show that he EVER actually worked? Manipulation of people as a community organizer? College titles without documentation? State senator that voted "present"? Self-proclaimed uniter that is dividing the country? Again with the double standards, you guys will put all of us into third world status to have your "dream" that has no proven record, has proven failures/destruction/deaths, but instead of looking at the facts, you act like cult members and chant the talking points without ever explaining a plan or logic of how to reach the "dream".

Okay, you need to tamp down the Obama derangement syndrome here a bit. Maybe spend a little less time on far right websites. There are lots of criticisms to be made of Obama, but he already has the job. So his qualification for the job isn't in question.

Point is, Obama is a guy who started from very working class parents, his father was an immigrant, and he got to where he is through hard work and a little bit of affirmative action. As opposed to Romney, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. And the fact is, Americans prefer self-made guys to guys who were born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

Please tell us all what is Obama's plan after he is re-elected. Will he stop spending? Will he actually make health-care work? Will he stop the Wall Street partnership he has? Will he stop feeding his favorite corporations our tax dollars? What is his plan?

Why is that my job? I'm not supporting Obama. I'm pointing out why Romney is a bad candidate, not why Obama is a good one. Even if you accept they are both equally bad, Obama is the devil people know.

What I have heard is changing the country to support the world (we, the taxpayers, support his chosen dictators) while he insults our allies. I interpret that as: the working people (the middle class) will be in a slave like status to support the elite politicians (see the politicians get richer as the middle class gets poorer) and their pet projects. Because of this the wealth of the nation will be reduced (the pie will get smaller, and there will be less to go around), the producers will be punished and the "mob"/legion will be rewarded (see Roman empire preceding fall). There will be more "poor" (check the increase of poor during his present term). There will be less given to charities (donations are no longer tax-deductible and those that give are likely to give less, they feel their "fair share" is being stolen from them thru taxes), their will be more "needy" beggars in the streets. People will be beaten and abused in the streets while witnesses will turn their heads, the rewards for "helping" will be to have more taken from you (money, property, or your health/life). Crime will prevail in most cities. How can it turn out, differently? Please, explain it, logically.

Cats and dogs, living together- mass hysteria!!! :eek::eek::eek:

No its not. We have a VP if you hadnt noticed. I cant vote for this guy, he might get sick..........

OH BROTHER..........

And you don't think that's a factor.

I knew a LOT of people who liked McCain in 2008, but he was 72 years old with a history of cancer, and his runningmate seemed like she was kind of dopey.

Yes, these things matter to people. Yes, I want to see both of these guys have their full records out there so we don't get any surprises.

I wanted to for him, hoping that Palin would take over after his death!

No its not. We have a VP if you hadnt noticed. I cant vote for this guy, he might get sick..........

OH BROTHER..........

I knew a LOT of people who liked McCain in 2008, but he was 72 years old with a history of cancer, and his runningmate seemed like she was kind of dopey.

Yes, these things matter to people. Yes, I want to see both of these guys have their full records out there so we don't get any surprises.

That's nice.

And really "Christian" of you, too.

I'll ask the question again.

Why should anyone have to make public their personal documents and medical records simply because they are running for elected office?

We have the right to know if the to be president is healthy and if the president is who he says he is . We don't want to vote in some one who is terminally ill or is a different person who he alleges he is....

We also have the right to know who OWNS him as the corporations that stuff their campaign war chests dont do it without major strings attached.

The people that own Romnuts are neo-fascist scum and that has been demonstrated.

That he is hiding his tax returns, while not illegal, should raise flags in anyones mind that wants an independent President who has no hidden group holding his political leash.

Do we know who "ownes" Obama??????

Romney's more than welcome to keep his info confidential- if he wants to remain a private citizen.

So tell me do you require the tax returns and medical records from all your state, local and other representatives?

One can serve in public office and still expect the same privacy rights as anyone else.

The presidency is a bit more important, I would think, and so did the framers, as they spent a lot of time defining the office.

But this isn't an issue of "Privacy" for Reversable Mittens. This is an issue that he's a guy who has a lot of money and has managed to avoid paying the same rate the rest of pay thorugh a lot of gimmicks.

It's something that's just going to make him look bad.

Was his tax-paying illegal? The man in the white house admitted to doing illegal drugs (even has photo evidence), will not provide documentation about his past, yet you keep wanting the republicans to "show everything" .... hypocrit.

So tell me do you require the tax returns and medical records from all your state, local and other representatives?

One can serve in public office and still expect the same privacy rights as anyone else.

The presidency is a bit more important, I would think, and so did the framers, as they spent a lot of time defining the office.

But this isn't an issue of "Privacy" for Reversable Mittens. This is an issue that he's a guy who has a lot of money and has managed to avoid paying the same rate the rest of pay thorugh a lot of gimmicks.

It's something that's just going to make him look bad.

The framers didn't see it fit to constitutionally require that one divulge medical and financial records as a prerequisite to running for office.

I'm coming at this from a nonpartisan view. I don't care who is running; the only thing a presidential candidate has to prove is that he is a US citizen over 35 years of age. Period.

Article 2 Section 1

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

And that was not proven by the current President.

Was his tax-paying illegal? The man in the white house admitted to doing illegal drugs (even has photo evidence), will not provide documentation about his past, yet you keep wanting the republicans to "show everything" .... hypocrit.

I realize you are a bible thumper and not terribly intelligent. I will try to dumb this down for you as much as possible

This isn't about the "legality", it's about the optics.

About half the country has tried drugs at least once. So, no, no one is going to really hold that against Obama. Sorry, they just won't. You think that working folks with kids want to tell their kids they smoked pot while listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall 20 years ago?

But the tax thing is a great optic.

This election is going to be about budget cuts vs. tax increases.

Cut Granny's social security or cut taxes. Has to be one or the other.

And when you have this image of a rich guy like Romney using gimmicks- even legal ones- to pay as little tax as possible when most of these gimmicks aren't available to us and the IRS is out there ready to slap a lein on your house that isn't worth what you paid for it, it's a really bad optic.

So really, he has Romney well and screwed on this one.

Romney doesn't release, he looks like he's hiding something. Every day he doesn't do so is painful as the media will be doing stories like "Mitt Romney, what does he have to hide?"

He releases, the Media goes through the tax gimmicks and his wealth and how much he's kicking back to the Krazy Kult in Utah, and boy, that doesn't look good, either.

You know, there's a reason why the MSM has been giving Romney a pass until after he gets the nomination. They know they can kill him on shit like this.

That's nice.

And really "Christian" of you, too.

Everyone dies. I was not planning on helping him shorten his life at all.

Forum List

Back