Romney Wont Release His Tax Returns?

No its not. We have a VP if you hadnt noticed. I cant vote for this guy, he might get sick..........

OH BROTHER..........

And you don't think that's a factor.

I knew a LOT of people who liked McCain in 2008, but he was 72 years old with a history of cancer, and his runningmate seemed like she was kind of dopey.

Yes, these things matter to people. Yes, I want to see both of these guys have their full records out there so we don't get any surprises.

I'll ask the question again.

Why should anyone have to make public their personal documents and medical records simply because they are running for elected office?

We have the right to know if the to be president is healthy and if the president is who he says he is . We don't want to vote in some one who is terminally ill or is a different person who he alleges he is....

We do not have a "right to know" anything about anyone. Medical records are confidential for a reason.

If this is true it is a second major issue related to Romney the press is basically just ignoring like his destruction of government documents in the last days of his serving as governor of Massachusetts.

:eusa_liar: :eusa_liar: :eusa_liar:

It was widely reported and confirmed that Romney did nothing out of the ordinary in allowing his staffers to purchase their own hard drives at the end of his term.

The records issue has been well documented in recent months. Romney acknowledged in November that staff members purchased their computer hard drives as they left office. He maintained his staff did not break the law, and last month PolitiFact checked his claim that if they had turned over their records to the following administration, they would have been first. We rated the claim True.

PolitiFact | DNC says Mitt Romney and staff cost Massachusetts taxpayers $100,000

'Allowing?'
Just his luck that every one of them 'freely' chose to buy their hard drives; not the whole computer, just the hard drives?

Are you for real?

lolol

Why should anyone have to make public their personal documents and medical records simply because they are running for elected office?

We have the right to know if the to be president is healthy and if the president is who he says he is . We don't want to vote in some one who is terminally ill or is a different person who he alleges he is....

We also have the right to know who OWNS him as the corporations that stuff their campaign war chests dont do it without major strings attached.

The people that own Romnuts are neo-fascist scum and that has been demonstrated.

That he is hiding his tax returns, while not illegal, should raise flags in anyones mind that wants an independent President who has no hidden group holding his political leash.

We do not have a "right to know" anything about anyone. Medical records are confidential for a reason.

We do if a) they are running for the most powerful political office in the world and b) it is an elected office and c) we are the ones voting.

If thisis true it is a second major issue related to Romney the press is basically just ignoring like his destruction of government documents in the last days of his serving as govenor of Massachussettes.

DNC video asks ‘What is Mitt Romney hiding’ in tax returns – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

CNN) - Mitt Romney's refusal to release his income-tax return became the object of national Democrats' indignation Friday with the release of a web video accusing the GOP hopeful of breaking with a longstanding political tradition.

The Democratic National Committee's spot, called "What is Mitt Romney Hiding," flips though past Republican presidential candidates who have released their income-tax information. The DNC highlights one notable example - George Romney, the candidate's father...

In a release accompanying the video, DNC National Press Secretary Melanie Roussell predicted what would be revealed on Mitt Romney's tax release.

"It would show that on the millions of dollars in income he enjoys each year, Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than teachers, fire fighters, police officers or other middle class wage earners," Roussell wrote. "Mitt Romney will tell you that it's not required by the law that he release his returns but when he's advocating for policies that benefit the wealthy and the well-heeled, voters have a right to know what conflicts he might have with his own finances."

Romney repeated Wednesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" that he wasn't planning to release his tax forms, but left the door open for future disclosures.

But is that all that Romney is hiding?

Personally, had the GOP establishment not decided to ram Romney through no matter what, I would have liked him as a candidate. But since the show no respect for the democratic process, since they are apparently crypto-fascists, I would rather vote for Obama anyday than Romnuts.

But why is this getting so little coverage and discussion?

Romney has serious legal and ethical issues that far outweigh temporary loss of memory in a debate or the exact circumstances for a divorce decades ago.

Romnuts is a sure loser in the general election and this is just one more thing that proves it.

He knows that numbnuts like you will only hold his enormous wealth against him, so he is withholding the details until he is legally bound to disclose them, which is not in fact an ethical issue at all, except to those who want to smear him and manipulate public perception AS IF he has done anything wrong...

I am not holding his wealth against him; I am holding his political alliances against him which happens to be with the ruthless Rockeffeller wing of the party and why the GOP has lost every election that they have lost since 1972.

Those guys hate the Tea Party and they want Romney to be their silver bullet that will kill the TPM for good. Romneys political hacks will systematically purge as many TPM people as they can while he is in office.

For that reason alone, I would rather have 4 more years of Obamas incompetence than see the TPM ended by political grifters.

You fucking odumbobot HACKS that think bringing up some tiny little thing that an opponent is HIDING is going to be effective, you people are opening the can of worms that ALL REPUBLICANS are HOPING AND PRAYING you open, because NO PERSON IN POLITICS is HIDING MORE SHIT THAN BARRY SOETORO/BARACK OBAMA. So go for it MORONS.... REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS...

I am not raising this question in reference to the general election, though I still wont vote for Romnuts.

I am pointing out that with all the garbage being circulated by the GOB elite against all of Romnuts competitors for the nomination, none of them have as much hidden, contrived, and corrupt as Romnuts seems to have.

For the record, I am for Paul mostly, with Perry, Santorum close IMO and Gingrich coming in a more distant fourth.

I just dont want to see the GOP Old Guard Rockeffeller liberals purge the GOP of the Tea Party people that have managed to get into office. And that is EXACTLY what they plan to do if Romnuts wins.

Romney's more than welcome to keep his info confidential- if he wants to remain a private citizen.

Romney's more than welcome to keep his info confidential- if he wants to remain a private citizen.

So tell me do you require the tax returns and medical records from all your state, local and other representatives?

One can serve in public office and still expect the same privacy rights as anyone else.

So tell me do you require the tax returns and medical records from all your state, local and other representatives?

One can serve in public office and still expect the same privacy rights as anyone else.

The presidency is a bit more important, I would think, and so did the framers, as they spent a lot of time defining the office.

But this isn't an issue of "Privacy" for Reversable Mittens. This is an issue that he's a guy who has a lot of money and has managed to avoid paying the same rate the rest of pay thorugh a lot of gimmicks.

It's something that's just going to make him look bad.

The presidency is a bit more important, I would think, and so did the framers, as they spent a lot of time defining the office.

But this isn't an issue of "Privacy" for Reversable Mittens. This is an issue that he's a guy who has a lot of money and has managed to avoid paying the same rate the rest of pay thorugh a lot of gimmicks.

You do not have a right to know what he paid in taxes. If that's a deal killer for some voters, so be it. But there is no right.

Sorry.

You do not have a right to know what he paid in taxes. If that's a deal killer for some voters, so be it. But there is no right.

Sorry.

You guys keep going with that like it's a winner. You go, boy! That's going to play really well with the media, who will ask him every election stop and press conference why he won't do it and then do panel shows on what he has to hide.

Because as Herman Cain showed us, pretending an issue will go away always works really good!

Not that I would ever want to give Romney helpful advice. I want him to fail, epically. I want him to lose 49 states, if that's possible. I want to purge this notion that all Republicans have to do to win is be more like the Democrats once and for all.

But the longer he drags this out, the more painful it's going to be...

What if he paid only 20 bucks on 200 million in income?

Right wingers would say, "That's 20 bucks too much, we should be giving him money".

It's amazing that you somehow know that since his tax records haven't been made public.
I would ask for a link, but since none exist and you are the only person privy to this information, I know that would be something you cannot provide.
The good news is, I can just trust your statement because you said so.

If thisis true it is a second major issue related to Romney the press is basically just ignoring like his destruction of government documents in the last days of his serving as govenor of Massachussettes.

DNC video asks ‘What is Mitt Romney hiding’ in tax returns – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

CNN) - Mitt Romney's refusal to release his income-tax return became the object of national Democrats' indignation Friday with the release of a web video accusing the GOP hopeful of breaking with a longstanding political tradition.

The Democratic National Committee's spot, called "What is Mitt Romney Hiding," flips though past Republican presidential candidates who have released their income-tax information. The DNC highlights one notable example - George Romney, the candidate's father...

In a release accompanying the video, DNC National Press Secretary Melanie Roussell predicted what would be revealed on Mitt Romney's tax release.

"It would show that on the millions of dollars in income he enjoys each year, Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than teachers, fire fighters, police officers or other middle class wage earners," Roussell wrote. "Mitt Romney will tell you that it's not required by the law that he release his returns but when he's advocating for policies that benefit the wealthy and the well-heeled, voters have a right to know what conflicts he might have with his own finances."

Romney repeated Wednesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" that he wasn't planning to release his tax forms, but left the door open for future disclosures.

But is that all that Romney is hiding?

Personally, had the GOP establishment not decided to ram Romney through no matter what, I would have liked him as a candidate. But since the show no respect for the democratic process, since they are apparently crypto-fascists, I would rather vote for Obama anyday than Romnuts.

But why is this getting so little coverage and discussion?

Romney has serious legal and ethical issues that far outweigh temporary loss of memory in a debate or the exact circumstances for a divorce decades ago.

Romnuts is a sure loser in the general election and this is just one more thing that proves it.

Yes, I am supposed to take you serious when you intentionally alter one persons name (as an insult), but not the other.
Your bias is showing.

The framers didn't see it fit to constitutionally require that one divulge medical and financial records as a prerequisite to running for office.

I'm coming at this from a nonpartisan view. I don't care who is running; the only thing a presidential candidate has to prove is that he is a US citizen over 35 years of age. Period.

Article 2 Section 1

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

He knows that numbnuts like you will only hold his enormous wealth against him, so he is withholding the details until he is legally bound to disclose them, which is not in fact an ethical issue at all, except to those who want to smear him and manipulate public perception AS IF he has done anything wrong...

You mean not being candid with the voters isn't an ethical issue?

You know what, I want a president who is going to level with me. Not one who is going to try to hide stuff that people might make fun of.

This is par for the course with this guy.

Do you support Obama? If so you have no grounds to make the above statement.

It's amazing that you somehow know that since his tax records haven't been made public.
I would ask for a link, but since none exist and you are the only person privy to this information, I know that would be something you cannot provide.
The good news is, I can just trust your statement because you said so.

If there was nothing in there he felt was a liability, he'd release them tomorrow and we'd never speak of this again.

I do suspect the Buffet Rule is EXACTLY why he's refusing. Think about it. Do you think Obama doesn't already know what's in his tax returns? Seriously? So he makes the big deal about the Buffet Tax being a part of his platform.

And even gets Buffet to agree with him that guys like Buffett don't pay enough in taxes. (No one is stopping you from writing a check, Warren.)

I think Obama is an awful President, but he's a masterful politician. YOu don't go from being a back-bencher in the IL Legistlature to President in five years if you are not.

You mean not being candid with the voters isn't an ethical issue?

You know what, I want a president who is going to level with me. Not one who is going to try to hide stuff that people might make fun of.

This is par for the course with this guy.

Do you support Obama? If so you have no grounds to make the above statement.

Don't like Obama, don't want to vote for him,

But I think Mitt Romney is an absolute scumbag.

I simply think he's an evil person. That's the long and short of it. Evil Religion, evil business practices, evil politics. No morals or standards and not a guy I'd want near the nukes.

Obama's just a boob.

I'll take boobs over evil any day.

Forum List

Back