Romney wants to hush up improving economy

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
June 21 (Bloomberg) -- Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign asked Florida Governor Rick Scott to tone down his statements heralding improvements in the state’s economy because they clash with the presumptive Republican nominee’s message that the nation is suffering under President Barack Obama, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Scott, a Republican, was asked to say that the state’s jobless rate could improve faster under a Romney presidency, according to the people, who asked not to be named.

Romney Campaign Said to Ask Scott to Downplay Economic Gains - The Washington Post

June 21 (Bloomberg) -- Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign asked Florida Governor Rick Scott to tone down his statements heralding improvements in the state’s economy because they clash with the presumptive Republican nominee’s message that the nation is suffering under President Barack Obama, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Scott, a Republican, was asked to say that the state’s jobless rate could improve faster under a Romney presidency, according to the people, who asked not to be named.

Romney Campaign Said to Ask Scott to Downplay Economic Gains - The Washington Post

Obama came out here to have Gov Brown say things are on the up and up.....he left as fast as he came in....he was heard to say......"11% unemployment?.....fuck.....lets go somewhere else"....

You gotta be crazy or seriously afflicted with left wing hate to think a republican presidential candidate has the power to "hush-up" anything especially in a media circus dominated by drooling liberals.

good grief, this was posted earlier...again the Compost is using people WHO ASKED NOT BE NAMED..
but hey, believe them anyway

The economy is improving.

Romney'sstump speech is designed to scare you into thinking that it is getting worse.

Cognitive disconnect. Worth about 40% of the vote.

Have fun, nutters.

Yeah, its aweaome, just saw mfg down......again. If the democrats went to $100/hour min wage, im in

Romney'sstump speech is designed to scare you into thinking that it is getting worse.

Have fun, nutters.

Not quickly enough, and I read about it daily in the so called "liberal" media.

of course

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Have fun, nutters.

No shit. Tough to make shit happen when you have assholes in every corner working against you.

Have fun, nutters.

No shit. Tough to make shit happen when you have assholes in every corner working against you.

I guess that is a good way to say it.

Everything that Obama touches turns to s**t.

Of course, no one has considered the fact that it really isn't his job to make anything happen and most of us don't want him to. Or did you not learn that in your civics class ?

How do Americans choose the most heinous, atrocious, and cruel individuals to be nominees?:wink_2:

Have fun, nutters.

Every President since the Birth of the Nation has had a Healthy Opposition trying to stop their Agenda. Yet they all seemed to be able to get shit done.

Only a Few ever had the Majorities Obama had for 2 year, Yet they all got stuff done.

Yet Obama can't get things done.

Hmmmm

lol

I read earlier that nearly every state in the union lost jobs because of Bain Capital.

That could be excused except that THAT is the very "platform" good ole Mittens is betting on.

Jeeez. The Rs must be cussing right now. Surely there is some other lying SOS that could have put on a better show than Mittens.

A little reminder it was a failing economy that got Obama elected I seriously doubt behind closed doors Obama was telling people boy I hope the economy improves before the election.

Forum List

Back