"Romney says Obama failed America"

So much can and will happen between now and the time that the 2012 election becomes forefront with the American people...

Quite possible for the economy to recover completely, leaving a Obama reelection pretty much in the bag.

If the economy is still in mixed shape, GOP has a good shot.

If it's even worse, Obama will lose if he runs for reelection.

I think he'll end up losing his majorities in the House & Senate this Nov.... This will place the checks & balances needed and force him to stop spending what we don't have...

I hope...

you think romney can beat palin in Iowa or south carolina?

Oh, of course not. Nor the really religious states. It will come down to the wire because Romney is a Mormon. If he wasn't, he would of won the nomination in 2008, never mind 2012.

if palin wins south carolina AND Iowa, she'll win the nomination. It's just way too much momentum.

I don't know who the Republican nominee will be. It is far to early to tell. Whomever steps up will have to be a real fiscal conservative though. The country can't take another big spender.

At any rate, come 2012 the economy will be in such a shambles that an open faced ham sandwich could beat Obama. I see Obama going the way of Jimmy Carter - a miserable, disgraced failure. Maybe after he is shown the door he'll open a peanut farm? It would be his first experience with capitalism.

I don't know who the Republican nominee will be. It is far to early to tell. Whomever steps up will have to be a real fiscal conservative though. The country can't take another big spender.

At any rate, come 2012 the economy will be in such a shambles that an open faced ham sandwich could beat Obama. I see Obama going the way of Jimmy Carter - a miserable, disgraced failure. Maybe after he is shown the door he'll open a peanut farm? It would be his first experience with capitalism.

The 1980 election was MUCH closer than it should have been.. My point is that incumbents don't lose very easily.

Sounds like he is getting ready to run for president already.

Sorry Mitt, After 8 years of George W. Bush and now the current disaster we have in the White House, it's becoming clear to me that anybody that actually wants the Presidency isn't qualified to have it.

Find the guy or gal that has to be dragged kicking & screaming into the Oval Office and that's who I'll vote for. :cool:

Nice thought, but have you ever been in a job you did not want?
Not very productive.

Not very destructive either and after the last 9 years, I'm more concerned with having somebody in the batters box that won't run into the stands and start beating the fans to death with a bat than I am with getting another wannabe home run hitter to the plate.

Sorry Mitt, After 8 years of George W. Bush and now the current disaster we have in the White House, it's becoming clear to me that anybody that actually wants the Presidency isn't qualified to have it.

Find the guy or gal that has to be dragged kicking & screaming into the Oval Office and that's who I'll vote for. :cool:

Not very productive.

Not very destructive either and after the last 9 years, I'm more concerned with having somebody in the batters box that won't run into the stands and start beating the fans to death with a bat than I am with getting another wannabe home run hitter to the plate.

what's the matter with Ty Cobb?

Not very productive.

what's the matter with Ty Cobb?

He'd make a perfect president, after all he's dead and last time I checked the dead aren't known as extravagant spenders. ;)

The 1980 election was MUCH closer than it should have been.. My point is that incumbents don't lose very easily.
Carter lost because he mismanaged the economy and was weak with the hostage situation in Iran. His sweater talks didn't help either.

Obama will lose because he is a one man economic train wreck. An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that the "stimulus" was a waste of money and that Obama is spending us into OBLIVION. That is going to be very difficult to overcome.

Also, these days we have access to every single broken promise that Obama has made. When he is confronted with all his lies and broken promise he'll be - but but but but but, umm umm umm umm ahhh ahh ahhhing - all over himself. Times have changed. The mood of the country has changed. People are pissed. He's in for a serious battle.

Carter lost because he mismanaged the economy and was weak with the hostage situation in Iran. His sweater talks didn't help either.

Obama will lose because he is a one man economic train wreck. An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that the "stimulus" was a waste of money and that Obama is spending us into OBLIVION. That is going to be very difficult to overcome.

Also, these days we have access to every single broken promise that Obama has made. When he is confronted with all his lies and broken promise he'll be - but but but but but, umm umm umm umm ahhh ahh ahhhing - all over himself. Times have changed. The mood of the country has changed. People are pissed. He's in for a serious battle.

I definitely think it will be different from 2008.

An overwhelming majority of Americans also think they didn't get a tax cut when they did. Hell, almost 50% thought their taxes went up.

But it's amazing what disinformation does.

Romney says Obama failed America - Yahoo! News
"President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and their team have failed the American people, and that is why their majority will be out the door," Romney told a gathering of conservatives, a certain critical constituency in the upcoming Republican primary fight.
"When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys," Romney quipped — and this partisan crowd ate it up.

Sounds like he is getting ready to run for president already. I could not agree more with this:

Still, he said: "The American people have shown that they are ready for truth to trump hope. The truth is that government is not the solution to all our problems."

Mitt Romney is definitely running & I think he will most likely be the Republican nominee.

An overwhelming majority of Americans also think they didn't get a tax cut when they did. Hell, almost 50% thought their taxes went up.

I didn't get a tax cut---what are you talking about? When the Bush tax cuts expire--all middle class tax cuts will vanish.

I didn't get a tax cut---what are you talking about? When the Bush tax cuts expire--all middle class tax cuts will vanish.

Obama won't let them expire when they are supposed to. He's not THAT stupid. He will wait until conditions have improved.

Obama won't let them expire when they are supposed to. He's not THAT stupid. He will wait until conditions have improved.
Yes, he is that stupid.

The Dems have been after those tax cuts for years, and Barry is scrabbling for revenue so he can lauch 'porkulus II the sequel'.

Yes, he is that stupid.

The Dems have been after those tax cuts for years, and Barry is scrabbling for revenue so he can lauch 'porkulus II the sequel'.

if he does that, it may be true that even Palin could beat him.

I happen to like Romney. The excerpts I've seen from his speech have had me laughing out loud.

My taxes did go up. And quite honestly I dont think i need the media to tell me what my paycheck tells me every two weeks. Im pretty sure most Americans realize that too.

We are talking about the guy who claims there are 57+ states and that he was going to delibrately raise energy costs when we are already dealing with high energy costs.

Of course, I dont know if its stupidity or if he is simply doing it on purpose because he thinks he can push his agenda forward more if he does.

We are talking about the guy who claims there are 57+ states and that he was going to delibrately raise energy costs when we are already dealing with high energy costs.

Of course, I dont know if its stupidity or if he is simply doing it on purpose because he thinks he can push his agenda forward more if he does.

Why exactly do you guys feel the need to harp on the "57 states" thing. He misspoke. Are you claiming that you've never misspoke?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm a Centrist and I'd vote for Romney. He seems like Ross Perot with all the business sense...without all the crazy.

Forum List

Back