Romney Says $360,000 Per Year Not Much Money

Yip.

His statement that a couple hundred thou a year in fees isn't big money definitely shows us how out of touch he is with the average American's life, doesn't it?

He dismisses $400,000 a year as though it was pocket change.

And still he thinks that the rich are put upon by having to pay taxes.

This is his LET THEM EAT CAKE moment, folks.

Romney is a clueless rich boy.

So you're not interested in the context before jumping to that conclusion? Why am I not surprised?

And.... that 'clueless rich boy' is the epitome of the 'American Dream'. He wanted it, he worked for it, he achieved it. I can see why failures would view that with envious eyes.

Yip.

His statement that a couple hundred thou a year in fees isn't big money definitely shows us how out of touch he is with the average American's life, doesn't it?

So you're not interested in the context before jumping to that conclusion? Why am I not surprised?

And.... that 'clueless rich boy' is the epitome of the 'American Dream'. He wanted it, he worked for it, he achieved it. I can see why failures would view that with envious eyes.
The epitome of the American Dream is to be a clueless rich boy? Indifference to the middle class and poor are admirable traits? What values system is the Right Wing pushing today? It used to be simply anti-Gay and anti-woman, but I guess now the Right embraces cluelessness as well.

Is this latent admiration for the Bush administration? Is this more evidence that spending cuts designed specifically to hurt the under privileged the real agenda of the Right?

Or is this just another clumsy defense of unfettered Capitalism and the damage it brings while the cash is skimmed off the top for the very few?

Romney has been 'clumsy' in his message of wealth as a vehicle to goodness. He'll offer a $10,000 bet and appear 'clueless' as to the income level of those from whom he seeks votes. He'll belittle $370,000 as 'not much' while it's actually 11 times the average salary of a middle class tax payer. He'll say he enjoys firing people while the unemployment rate hovers around 8.5%.

Rich does not equate to leadership.

Yip.

The epitome of the American Dream is to be a clueless rich boy? Indifference to the middle class and poor are admirable traits? What values system is the Right Wing pushing today? It used to be simply anti-Gay and anti-woman, but I guess now the Right embraces cluelessness as well.

Is this latent admiration for the Bush administration? Is this more evidence that spending cuts designed specifically to hurt the under privileged the real agenda of the Right?

Or is this just another clumsy defense of unfettered Capitalism and the damage it brings while the cash is skimmed off the top for the very few?

Romney has been 'clumsy' in his message of wealth as a vehicle to goodness. He'll offer a $10,000 bet and appear 'clueless' as to the income level of those from whom he seeks votes. He'll belittle $370,000 as 'not much' while it's actually 11 times the average salary of a middle class tax payer. He'll say he enjoys firing people while the unemployment rate hovers around 8.5%.

What's preventing you from making $350,000 a year.
Uneducated?
Lazy?
Comfortable on food stamps?
Still living in the trailer with Mommy?

My god people...it wasn't the amount he was paid, it was that he dismissed a staggering amount of money to most of us as "not that much".

This is just another example in a horn of plenty of how out of touch Willard is with the rest of the country who think that $360,000 IS "that much".

Uneducated?
Lazy?
How's your bottom line? I'm not running for POTUS. I'm just trying to pay my bills, my mortgage and my health care expenses. If everyone could suddenly make $370,000 a year, who would actually do the work? There's a big difference between 'earning' a living and getting $370,000 without breaking a sweat.

If only I had a father who owned a car company and had access to some of that cash so I could become a corporate raider and throw working class stiffs like me out of work, perhaps in such a glorious occupation I too could smirk at the idea of only 'earning' $35,000 a year. But, alas, I don't have such an opportunity. How about you? Can you take advantage of such a system?

Yip.

He is not 'clueless'. He's an intelligent guy who has succeeded incredibly well in business.

He is rich. Unlike you, I have no issue with people who earn substantial amounts of money - particularly those who do it from their own hard work.

I have seen no evidence from him (and I do mean from him - not some media interpretation of what he said) of 'indifference' to anyone... the so called 'middle class' or the poor.

Really, I just can't take anyone seriously who misquotes Romney to make their point. Try as you might to claim he said he 'enjoys' firing people - He. Did. Not. Say. That. To argue that he did makes you look ridiculous.

And not, rich does not equate to leadership - leadership equates to leadership. And Romney has led a very successful company. He has more 'leadership' skills than Obama did, and apparently it was no big deal then.

Last edited:

Uneducated?
Lazy?
How's your bottom line? I'm not running for POTUS. I'm just trying to pay my bills, my mortgage and my health care expenses. If everyone could suddenly make $370,000 a year, who would actually do the work? There's a big difference between 'earning' a living and getting $370,000 without breaking a sweat.

If only I had a father who owned a car company and had access to some of that cash so I could become a corporate raider and throw working class stiffs like me out of work, perhaps in such a glorious occupation I too could smirk at the idea of only 'earning' $35,000 a year. But, alas, I don't have such an opportunity. How about you? Can you take advantage of such a system?

My "bottom line" is just fine, asswipe, and it annoys the living shit out of failures/people of your ilk.

So let me get this straight, Obama gets rich by forming alliances with terrorists, rich terrorists. They help him get elected, then he uses his influence to make he and his wife rich, they make $3 million a year reported.....and Romney makes his money on his own, and he's the bad guy???

Uneducated?
Lazy?

My "bottom line" is just fine, asswipe, and it annoys the living shit out of failures/people of your ilk.
Am I an asswipe because I don't use juvenile terms like 'asswipe' when making a point? Or am I an asswipe because I have failed to love the person who runs companies overseas because he can pay the workers a slave wage? Or am I an asswipe because there are no pictures of me sitting atop a motorcycle behaving like a fourteen year old?

Last edited:
Romney 360.000.00 per year
Obama's in 2008
Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama reported a taxable income in 2008 of $2,656,902.00 and this was lower than 2007 when they made 3.9 million.

There are people who made TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars in 2008. I guess that means that the Obama didn't make very much money that year, either. Congratulations. You've shown that you're just as far out of touch with reality as Romney. Both Obama and Romney made A WHOLE HELL OF ALOT.

Am I an asswipe because I don't use juvenile terms like 'asswipe' when making a point? Or am I an asswipe because I have failed to love the person who runs companies overseas because he can pay the workers a slave wage? Or am I an asswipe because there are no pictures of me sitting atop a motorcycle behaving like a fourteen year old?

I don't know why you're an asswipe. Why don't you tell us.

But on the otherhand, we all know why you're an asswipe.

Romney 360.000.00 per year
Obama's in 2008
Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama reported a taxable income in 2008 of $2,656,902.00 and this was lower than 2007 when they made 3.9 million.

There are people who made TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars in 2008. I guess that means that the Obama didn't make very much money that year, either. Congratulations. You've shown that you're just as far out of touch with reality as Romney. Both Obama and Romney made A WHOLE HELL OF ALOT.

It is all relative.

The fact that you dont see it is your problem.

In 2011, I made a hell of a lot of money....for me.
Compared to Romney and Obama, I didnt make squat.

But, you see....I really dont care what others make, for to me, what I made was great!

You may find yourself a much happier person if you were not wrapped up in what others make compared to you.

I know, I know....you are very happy.

Sure you are....but you certainly are showing signs of envy...and an envious man is never truly happy.

But on the otherhand, we all know why you're an asswipe.

Speak for yourself. Do not speak for me.

It is all relative.

But, you see....I really dont care what others make, for to me, what I made was great!

You may find yourself a much happier person if you were not wrapped up in what others make compared to you.

Sure you are....but you certainly are showing signs of envy...and an envious man is never truly happy.

You're right, it IS relative. RELATIVE TO THE AVERAGE AMERICAN. Politicians are there for the people, not the other way around. I don't care how much money Romney makes. But him talking about his income the way he does is only disfranchising the average American. He's out of touch with the average American's reality. This is why I've pulled my support for him and thrown myself behind Buddy Roemer, futile as that may be. I won't settle for whatever idiot the idiots feed me.

Yuppers, he surely can relate to those who work hard just to BARELY make ends meet. To him those people have zero right to exist.

They're getting there. Beginning with Reagan the poor folks who used to be the middle class have been the target. The 1% won't be satisifed until we have no benefits, no hospitali tion, no unions, no nothing. When we're paid like a worker in Maylasia they will have accomplished their goal. Pay particular attention to the 1% line when Bush cut taxes in 2001 and again in 2003:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Last edited:
It is all relative.

You're right, it IS relative. RELATIVE TO THE AVERAGE AMERICAN. Politicians are there for the people, not the other way around. I don't care how much money Romney makes. But him talking about his income the way he does is only disfranchising the average American. He's out of touch with the average American's reality. This is why I've pulled my support for him and thrown myself behind Buddy Roemer, futile as that may be. I won't settle for whatever idiot the idiots feed me.

you take the spin of what he said and say he is out of touch with the average American?
Sure he said "a few extrea bucks"...or something like that...it does not mean that he does not understand the plight of the lower class...sure, he could have said....."a large sum of money"...but he would have been criticized for mocking 360K...for his opponents would have said "360K is a drop in the bucket to him...so who is he kidding"

Look....Bush had his ranch...never hid it
Obama has his golf...and his trips to Hawaii...and the Vinyard.....never hides it
Kerry has his yacht...doesnt hide it...

Sorry Bro...I find it hard to believe that anyone who was truly considering Romney would decide he was out of touch with reality becuase he referred to 360K as a few extra bucks....when he is worth hundreds of millions....

Dam...ALL OF OUR POLITICIANS claim cutting 3 Billion dollars from spending is NOTHING...

Yet 3 Billion dollars would put a roof over just about every homeless persons head...and winter coats on every one of their children....new shoes...and a pony.

So do you hoild it against Reid, McConnel, Obama, Biden, Boehner et al when they refer to billions of dollars as a drop in the bucket????

Are you telling me our president, his entire administration, and all of congress are out of touch with the Average American?

That amount may not be a big sum to him, though it may be to me. So what? He will still be a better President than Obama and still have more executive experience than Obama.

By the way, did you care about how rich Teddy "the Killer" Kennedy was all those years he was in office? No you didn't, but he was a Democrat!

That amount may not be a big sum to him, though it may be to me. So what? He will still be a better President than Obama and still have more executive experience than Obama.

By the way, did you care about how rich Teddy "the Killer" Kennedy was all those years he was in office? No you didn't, but he was a Democrat!

Completely missing the point! It's almost as if you did not know that there was a point to address!

It's not how much money Mitt has (it's a lot!). It's his cavalier attitude.

Forum List

Back