Romney Says $360,000 Per Year Not Much Money

All the morning news programs are showing his 15% tax rate and not making much from speaking engagements with rolled back eyes. Wait till the folks who earn the average in SC($32,000) get wind of this.

Face it.....the Republicans are about to nominate a:

michael-dukakis-tank.jpg

Bull-and-naked-cowboy-300x218.jpg

And obama says that if you make more than 250,000 a year you should be taxed at a higher rate to help keep his agenda moving and growing.

He's exactly right. That's how we got out of debt after WW2. All through the eight years of Eisenhower's terms anybody who earned more than $300,000 paid 91% of the excess in taxes. The Republicans borrowed the money now by god let their rich asses pay it back.

Neither political party has ever cut spending a goddam dime. The mistake the Republicans made was cutting tax rates and never cutting a dime of spending. At least the Democrats taxed enough to break even.

How about you pay 91%

Last edited:
Romney 360.000.00 per year
Obama's in 2008
Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama reported a taxable income in 2008 of $2,656,902.00 and this was lower than 2007 when they made 3.9 million.

LOL. Weak, very weak defense of Romney. Romney, who owns 15 (?) luxury homes, and has not worked in 10 years (if ever) has money in Cayman Island Banks and is bank rolled by the Mormon Church funding Super PAC's which will destroy anyone who gets in their way. Of course the Mormon Church allegation is an opinion, one which cannot be evaluated because the Supreme Court has made them, and Hugo Chavez, equal and able to create Super PAC's anonymously with no limit on how much they contribute.

Last edited:
All the morning news programs are showing his 15% tax rate and not making much from speaking engagements with rolled back eyes. Wait till the folks who earn the average in SC($32,000) get wind of this.

Bill Clinton has made over 75 MILLION from HIS speeches......that kinda makes Romney's speech earnings look measly....

a democrat soaking up 75 MILLION......gosh.....wait till the average 32k guy gets wind of THAT.......:eusa_whistle:

Clinton surpasses $75 million in speech income after lucrative 2010 – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Romney 360.000.00 per year
Obama's in 2008
Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama reported a taxable income in 2008 of $2,656,902.00 and this was lower than 2007 when they made 3.9 million.
Did Michelle say "$2,656,920 isn't much!"

The bitch about Mitt is he DID say that $360,000 isn't much.

And that's the point. Mitt has demonstrated over and over again that he has NO concept of what the American middle class struggle with finances really is. If Mitt asks you to place a $10,000 bet on something like 'what is the price of a gallon of milk', take it!

Bill Clinton has made over 75 MILLION from HIS speeches......that kinda makes Romney's speech earnings look measly....

a democrat soaking up 75 MILLION......gosh.....wait till the average 32k guy gets wind of THAT.......:eusa_whistle:

Clinton surpasses $75 million in speech income after lucrative 2010 – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
I've got no problem with ANYONE making $360,000 or $75,000,000 in speaking fees. I do have a problem with a rich guy saying that $360,000 isn't much when it's really 11 times the average worker's salary.

Last edited:

I've got no problem with ANTONE making $360,000 or $75,000,000 in speaking fees. I do have a problem with a rich guy saying that $360,000 isn't much when it's really 11 times the average worker's salary.

as far as speech earnings go......Romney was being truthful.....$360,000 certainly isn't much compared to the over $75 MILLION that Bill Clinton made from his speeches....

how many times the average worker's salary is $75 MILLION .....?

I've got no problem with ANTONE making $360,000 or $75,000,000 in speaking fees. I do have a problem with a rich guy saying that $360,000 isn't much when it's really 11 times the average worker's salary.

as far as speech earnings go......Romney was being truthful.....$360,000 certainly isn't much compared to the over $75 MILLION that Bill Clinton made from his speeches....

Here's the point: Clinton NEVER said "Well, $75 million isn't much." Romney did say "$360,000 isn't much"

I don't know how much you make, but to me, $360,000 is a whole lot!

Here's the point: Clinton NEVER said "Well, $75 million isn't much." Romney did say "$360,000 isn't much"

you're assuming that Romney meant $360,000 in speaking fees wasn't much in comparison to a workers salary instead of in comparison to Bill Clinton's speaking fees....

Compared to the bag of loot Clinton walks aways with, $360,000 is not a lot of money. Compared to what Romney could earn in speakers fees, $360,000 is not a lot of money. Compared to what you could earn in speakers fees, it probably is a lot of money, but why should that be relevant?

you're assuming that Romney meant $360,000 in speaking fees wasn't much in comparison to a workers salary instead of in comparison to Bill Clinton's speaking fees....
And you are bending over backwards to support Romney! Can we all assume then that you are a big fan of the individual mandate?

It's all relative.

Three-hundred-sixty thousand is not much to a guy with a net worth of ovre $200 million.

Compared to the bag of loot Clinton walks aways with, $360,000 is not a lot of money. Compared to what Romney could earn in speakers fees, $360,000 is not a lot of money. Compared to what you could earn in speakers fees, it probably is a lot of money, but why should that be relevant?
Just a way to point out how far out of touch Romney, and now you are from the reality of the middle class finacial problems. Vote Republican!:cuckoo:

And you are bending over backwards to support Romney! Can we all assume then that you are a big fan of the individual mandate?

once again you are assuming something.....Romney is at the bottom of my list...

i am totally against the individual mandate.....even for auto insurance....

How tone deaf are the GOP? Nominating a vulture corporate raider at a time when public opinion of Wall Street greed is at a fever pitch.

Can they possibly be so TONE DEAF to how HARD it's been for WORKING FAMILIES in this country?
And if they are, why the hell should anyone elect out of touch old geezers?
If they're NOT, but deliberately ignoring the plight of the middle class, then why the hell would you vote for them unless you were very wealthy?

He still makes a fraction of what Obama the Boy King makes, or Soros for that matter.

Get a life, or better yet, a job.

And obama says that if you make more than 250,000 a year you should be taxed at a higher rate to help keep his agenda moving and growing.

He's exactly right. That's how we got out of debt after WW2. All through the eight years of Eisenhower's terms anybody who earned more than $300,000 paid 91% of the excess in taxes. The Republicans borrowed the money now by god let their rich asses pay it back.

Neither political party has ever cut spending a goddam dime. The mistake the Republicans made was cutting tax rates and never cutting a dime of spending. At least the Democrats taxed enough to break even.

How about you pay 91%

No! Warren Buffet nailed it. The wealthy can pay more and never notice it. Since they or their offspring, or their offspring's offspring never have to travel 10,000 miles and put their ass on the line for wars of choice they should at least display their patriotism in some way......if they have any

How about you pay 91%

No! Warren Buffet nailed it. The wealthy can pay more and never notice it. Since they or their offspring, or their offspring's offspring never have to travel 10,000 miles and put their ass on the line for wars of choice they should at least display their patriotism in some way......if they have any

Seriously, what's it like to spend your entire being obsessing over what everybody else has or is doing?

Just a way to point out how far out of touch Romney, and now you are from the reality of the middle class finacial problems. Vote Republican!:cuckoo:

You may want your social worker to be attuned to your financial problems, but most voters want the President to be attuned to the challenges the US economy faces, which Romney's successful business experience suggests he is, and to be concerned about how the economy impacts the daily lives of most citizens, as Romney's record as governor of Mass. suggests he is. Unlike you, they don't expect him to have the same financial problems they have.

I don't think you get it since Buffett owes back taxes he can say he doesn't pay enough

Link to the $75 Million figure, please.

Forum List

Back