Romney Refuses to Respond To Merits of Supreme Court Decision | Arizona Law

So, the OP and others are upset because Romney refused to comment on the merits of a case in the SCOTUS.

We have three branches folks. At least Romney knows that and lets them do their job, and I haven't seen him try to lie about their power, either.

Romney represents not one of the 3 branches, so he is respecting nothing by being a weasel

Not YET...I'll be watching when he wins to see YOU meltdown.

Romney's last known position on the Arizona law, now declared unconstitutional for the most part,

was that it should be the model for the nation.

Someone should explain to him that we already have a model for the nation...

...it's called the Constitution.

Ummm.. Just to note.. The Arizona law MIRRORED federal law. The only difference was that Arizona intended enforcing the law, which means it should be the model for the nation.

That's makes so little sense that I can't believe anyone stupid enough to type it would be smart enough to type.

Romney's last known position on the Arizona law, now declared unconstitutional for the most part,

Ummm.. Just to note.. The Arizona law MIRRORED federal law. The only difference was that Arizona intended enforcing the law, which means it should be the model for the nation.

That's makes so little sense that I can't believe anyone stupid enough to type it would be smart enough to type.

uhm, voice activated software. no typing skills needed

Since Arizona is a border state, I sympathize with their laws. What I have a problem with is that such laws are not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy. One which allows the legal immigrant labor supply to meet the immigrant labor demand.

Our stupid federal policies created a huge imbalance between supply and demand, which inevitably led to a great deal of illegal labor immigration.

When your government creates this problem, it is the height of stupidity to then demand this kind of law such as Arizona has but not be equally strident in demanding immigration reform. These things go hand in hand.

At least Bush was smart enough to see that. Too bad there are other Republicans who are too stupid to see it.

Last edited:
One which allows the legal immigrant labor supply to meet the immigrant labor demand.

We will always have low paying, unskilled labor demand so long as entitlement allows you to lay up all day and collect your .gov check.

Since Arizona is a border state, I sympathize with their laws. What I have a problem with is that such laws are not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy. One which allows the legal immigrant labor supply to meet the immigrant labor demand.

Our stupid federal policies created a huge imbalance between supply and demand, which inevitably led to a great deal of illegal labor immigration.

When your government creates this problem, it is the height of stupidity to then demand this kind of law such as Arizona has but not be equally strident in demanding immigration reform. These things go hand in hand.

At least Bush was smart enough to see that. Too bad there are other Republicans who are too stupid to see it.

What I have a problem with is that such laws are not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy. One which allows the legal immigrant labor supply to meet the immigrant labor demand.

That is incorrect, the Arizona law was a mirror image of the Federal law.

So, the OP and others are upset because Romney refused to comment on the merits of a case in the SCOTUS.

We have three branches folks. At least Romney knows that and lets them do their job, and I haven't seen him try to lie about their power, either.

Romney represents not one of the 3 branches, so he is respecting nothing by being a weasel
He's not running for justice, SCOTUS or otherwise.

The laws that Arizona passed were images of current FEDERAL laws. Were you not aware of that? The feds just don't bother to enforce the laws. It would be nice if the federal government would use Arizona as a model, ( i.e. emulate it ) and enforce the laws. Clear enough for you yet?

What I have a problem with is that such laws are not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy. One which allows the legal immigrant labor supply to meet the immigrant labor demand.

Read my words again. I said the law was not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy.

Our federal policy created the number of illegals to begin with. Those people would be here legally if our immigration quotas matched our immigration labor demand. Then you would not have to be chasing them all over the landscape.

George Bush understood this and tried to fix our immigration policy. But the ignorant idiots in the GOP prevented him.

Look at the employment figures before the recession. Full employment. With the same number of illegals we have now. That SCREAMS a mismatched quota system.

Last edited:
No knee jerk reaction from Romney upsets moonbats.

Well, you have to rember gramps, liberals are used to Obama who flies off the handle and reacts before he knows anything! Case in point:

"The police acted stupidly" in the case of the Cambridge police (when in fact they acted completely appropriately).

Firing Shirley Sherrod in a knee jerk reaction to a small video without any context

His comments that "if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin" again without having ANY knowledge about the case, the facts, or the situation.

Read my words again. I said the law was not comcomitant with a sensible federal immigration policy.

Our federal policy created the number of illegals to begin with. Those people would be here legally if our immigration quotas matched our immigration labor demand. Then you would not have to be chasing them all over the landscape.

George Bush understood this and tried to fix our immigration policy. But the ignorant idiots in the GOP prevented him.

Look at the employment figures before the recession. Full employment. With the same number of illegals we have now. That SCREAMS a mismatched quota system.

You aren't reading and understanding what I am saying
Both laws are written the same both are laws policy is not law.

little-red-neck has trouble comprehending people. North Carolina does that to some people. Lovely state, but small gene pool in some areas.

yeah, he's only running to fill the SCOTUS with Justices as inept and cowardly as he is. :evil:

little-red-neck has trouble comprehending people. North Carolina does that to some people. Lovely state, but small gene pool in some areas.

deante should read the rebuttals to a post before deante replies so deante doesn't look like an idiot

yeah, he's only running to fill the SCOTUS with Justices as inept and cowardly as he is. :evil:
Dunno. I just know we have three branches, and, unlike Obama, I recognize that no branch has more power than another.

“I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,” - Mitt Romney

Forum List

Back