Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

It is shameful that Romney would use the death of a U.S. Ambassador as an opportunity to lambast the speech of that very same U.S. Ambassador!

Let me explain a few things that intelligent people call facts.

1. Romney criticized the statement released by the US Embassy in Egypt.
  2. So did Obama.
  3. At the time he made that statement the consulate in Benghazi had not been attacked.
  4. Ambassador Stevens did not make the statement released by the embassy in Egypt.
  5. The attack in Libya was a planned attack that was condemned by the Libyan government.
  6. The government in Egypt condemned the guy who made the film.
In other words, if we look at facts, your statement is not worthy of the styling edits I implemented, much less the bold size 5 font you used.

1. Romeny said that the President apologized to the attackers and sympathized with them.

2. In reality the President condemned the attackers and the movie. And he went on to say that the movie did not justify any attacks anywhere.

1. Actually, what Romney said was the first instinct of the administration was to sympathize with the attackers. Since the first sentence of the disavowed statement was about how the US abhors people who insult Islam, I think he has a point.
  2. In reality, so did Romney.

Nope, no credible warning of an attack on the consulate.

Nope, no one apologized for the video at the WH. Someone at the Egyptian embassy, before the riots went wild, said the video was wrong but that it was not grounds for violence.

Libya is lying? Why would they do that?

Not worried about Libya.

And I am not worried about your lying: that is what you do.

Sorry bout that,

1. Obama lacks leadership.
2. I heard Hilary say she condemned the attacks, which is what is expected.
3. I also listened to Obama, he never condemned the attacks, said he would seek justice.
4. Lame.
5. Which one of the 400- 600 muslims is he going to go after??? :mad:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
1. Romeny said that the President apologized to the attackers and sympathized with them.

That's because Fucktard Obama apologized to the attackers and sympathized with them.

When he issues statements that condemn those who exercise freedom of speech, then he is tacitly apologizin.

2. In reality the President condemned the attackers and the movie. And he went on to say that the movie did not justify any attacks anywhere.

He did condemn that attackers, while explaining that we understand why they attack. This was a HUGE misstep. Obama is a rank amateur.

They aren't *rioting* over anything Terry Jones said.

They are attacking US embassies and threatening US campuses at the express command and under the direction of al Quaida.

And it is Al Qaeda who made the film.

Egyptian national Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. So that moron, Fucktard Obama, not only apologized for Americans having the right to free speech, but also for an Al Qaeda operative making a film designed to inflame the animals.

Obama is stupid to the point of dangerous.

The president not only apologized, but intends to blame a bad movie while the president of Libya calls him a liar to the world.

The attacks were condemned.

We see the far right apologizing for failing to get the message right.

Romney is cleaning up his act.

Good day for America.

Jake, you're a mindless sycophant and a known liar.

{Concerned about the reaction to an anti-Muslim film that was gaining attention online, the U.S. intelligence community sent a cable to the embassy in Egypt warning of the concern, a U.S. official told CNN. It was sent 48 hours before the protests in Cairo and Benghazi in Libya, the official said.}

US intelligence warned embassy in Egypt of concern about anti-Muslim film – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

You fucking Obamabot moron.

You dumb Obamabot cocksucker.

{A letter from Egyptian intelligence warning of pending attacks was circulated to all Egyptian security posts on September 4th.}

Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4

Nope, no one apologized for the video at the WH. Someone at the Egyptian embassy, before the riots went wild, said the video was wrong but that it was not grounds for violence.

“Since our founding, the U.S. has been a nation that respects all faiths and rejects all effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others,” - Fucktard Obama

You're a liar Fakey. An Obamabot pile of shit.

As soon as the movie was blamed, by this administration, obama fucked up in a major way. He doubled down on his fuck up by continuing his myth as middle eastern leaders have started calling him a liar.

Romney lied, period, and I apologize to him for all us who are going to vote for him.

Romney told the truth - YOU lied, you Obamabot pile of shit.

“Since our founding, the U.S. has been a nation that respects all faiths and rejects all effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others,” - Fucktard Obama, apologizing to Al Qaeda for offense given.

Part of it is that he is LDS, and they do not apologize to non-Mormons for anything.

Fucking liar.

Mitt may have sealed his defeat with the lying and the refusal to acknowledge the lies.

Obama sealed his defeat, and you know it. This is why you're in full panic and dropping your lie about supporting Romney. No one believed you anyway, you're a complete liar.

That's because Fucktard Obama apologized to the attackers and sympathized with them.

When he issues statements that condemn those who exercise freedom of speech, then he is tacitly apologizin.

He did condemn that attackers, while explaining that we understand why they attack. This was a HUGE misstep. Obama is a rank amateur.

“We are shocked that, at a time when the United States of America is confronting the tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya, Governor Romney would choose to launch a political attack.”

"I do have to say that, more broadly, we believe in the First Amendment. It is one of the hallmarks of our Constitution that I am sworn to uphold, so we're always going to uphold the rights of individuals to speak their minds. On the other hand, this film is not representative of who we are, and our values, and I think it is important for us to communicate that. That's never an excuse for violence against Americans, which is why my No. 1 priority and my initial statement focused on making sure that not only are Americans safe, but that we go after anyone that would attack Americans."

President Obama first condemned the attacks and never apologized or sympathized with the attackers.

“We are shocked that, at a time when the United States of America is confronting the tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya, Governor Romney would choose to launch a political attack.”

LOL;

Obama fucks up and expects no one to point it out.

Let me remind you:

“Since our founding, the U.S. has been a nation that respects all faiths and rejects all effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others,” - Fucktard Obama, apologizing to Al Qaeda for offense given.

"I do have to say that, more broadly, we believe in the First Amendment. It is one of the hallmarks of our Constitution that I am sworn to uphold, so we're always going to uphold the rights of individuals to speak their minds. On the other hand, this film is not representative of who we are, and our values, and I think it is important for us to communicate that. That's never an excuse for violence against Americans, which is why my No. 1 priority and my initial statement focused on making sure that not only are Americans safe, but that we go after anyone that would attack Americans."

Everyone knows that Obama backpeddled.

Still there is the initial;

President Obama first condemned the attacks and never apologized or sympathized with the attackers.

False as you know, and this will cost him the election, as it well should.

LOL;

Obama fucks up and expects no one to point it out.

Let me remind you:

Everyone knows that Obama backpeddled.

Still there is the initial;

False as you know, and this will cost him the election, as it well should.

Liar.

"The Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," Romney said in a statement first emailed to reporters at 10:09 p.m. Eastern time, under the condition it not be published until midnight.

In fact, neither a statement by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo earlier in the day nor a later statement from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton offered sympathy for attackers. The statement from the Cairo Embassy had condemned anti-Muslim religious incitement before the embassy walls were breached. In her statement, issued minutes before Romney's, Clinton had offered the administration's first response to the violence in Libya, explicitly condemning the attack there and confirming the death of a State Department official.

"I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on our mission in Benghazi today," Clinton said in a written statement received by The Associated Press at 10:08 p.m. "As we work to secure our personnel and facilities, we have confirmed that one of our State Department officers was killed. We are heartbroken by this terrible loss."

Then, at 10:24 p.m., a Romney spokeswoman lifted the release restriction on the Republican's statement, and it was widely published.

At the time, the Romney campaign did not know that the U.S. ambassador, Christopher Stevens, had been killed, nor did the Obama administration. Libyans told American officials around midnight that the ambassador had died, but Americans were unable to confirm his identity until hours later.

"I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens," Obama said in his first statement at 7:21 a.m. Wednesday, the next morning.

FACT CHECK: Mitt Romney rhetoric on Egypt, Libya out of step with timeline of events - 9/13/2012 1:58:47 AM | Newser

Directly quoting Obama makes me a "liar?"

"The Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," Romney said in a statement first emailed to reporters at 10:09 p.m. Eastern time, under the condition it not be published until midnight.

That is NOT what Romney said, liar.

{America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We'll defend, also, our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion. We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world.

I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt instead of condemning their actions. It's never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values. The White House distanced itself last night from the statement, saying it wasn't cleared by Washington, and that reflects the mixed signals they're sending to the world.} - Mitt Romney

Now do you notice the difference?

I actually post the words said, where you post what ThinkProgress says ABOUT what Romney said.

The dishonest one is you.

And I understand why, this is it for Obama, this will cost him the election. You think that if you and the party press scream enough, that maybe you can change it - but you can't.

In fact, neither a statement by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo earlier in the day nor a later statement from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton offered sympathy for attackers.

What I posted was said by Barack Obama.

The statement from the Cairo Embassy had condemned anti-Muslim religious incitement before the embassy walls were breached. In her statement, issued minutes before Romney's, Clinton had offered the administration's first response to the violence in Libya, explicitly condemning the attack there and confirming the death of a State Department official.

What all of these did is excuse the actions of the attacking Muslims. In essence; "We understand why you are outraged, and we're outraged too - but violence is still bad."

This is an apology, it is apologetics.

Obama is unqualified to be President, and demonstrated this to the world.

obama is still lying. Except it's not Romney calling him a liar, it's the president of Libya.

It won't cost him the election if he manages to squash free speech and starts arresting those who engage in it, because there won't be an election, not as we know it. He's got the works in for sitting on freedom of speech, he's got the elections rigged, and he's got the Muslim Brohood behind him. He's set for a coup.

Forum List

Back