Romney is Republican Front-runner in New Hampshire

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
This is interesting. We know that Romney is likely to win in Iowa. Now he is leading in New Hampshire. Perhaps he will develop enough momentum to win the whole thing.

Poll: Romney Emerges as New Hampshire Front-runner
POSTED: 9:37 p.m. EDT, June 12, 2007
Bill Schneider

Complete article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/12/schneider.nh.gop/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Where does the Republican presidential race in New Hampshire stand? New Hampshire Republicans had a debate and now they have a new front-runner.

In early April, there were two front-runners in the New Hampshire Republican primary: Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani were tied for first place.

Now, after last week's CNN-WMUR-New Hampshire Union Leader debate in Manchester, New Hampshire, things have changed. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has picked up support, from 17 percent in April to 28 percent now. He's the new front-runner, by a narrow margin, while Giuliani and John McCain both lost support. They're still tied -- but for second, at 20 percent each.

The remainder of the GOP's presidential contenders were in the low single digits. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who has said he will decide whether to run in the fall, scored 4 percent; Texas congressman Ron Paul, the lone voice of opposition to the war in Iraq among Republican candidates, came in at 3 percent; Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee were at 2 percent; and Colorado U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo rated less than 1 percent.

None of those polled chose California Rep. Duncan Hunter, former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore or former Wisconsin governor and Health and Human Services Sec. Tommy Thompson.

Case in point: In the Democratic Primary in 2004, Howard Dean was up early in every poll in every early state.

He didn't win ANY of those early states. Not-a-one.

I think its turning into Romney's to lose. But I know I am supporting Romney. He is a strong leader, principled, strong character, a reputation for cleaning up and fixing messes, and he has shown himself to be effective.

I dont think Fred Thompson is going to get as big a jump as everyone seems to think. I know im not impressed and ive talked to alot of people who follow things who also cant figure out why we should be looking to him. And the fact that he co sponsored McCain Fiengold is a very strong negative for him in my book.

Ol' Flip Flop is leading in NH because MA borders the state.
Is that why he is leading in Iowa? Romney was not leading in New Hampshire until recently; after the last debate. There is something more going on than geography.

Forum List

Back