Romney: I’d No Longer Nominate Judges Like John Roberts

Because it was designed with parasites like you in mind.

Will Obamacare increase your taxes? If so, why?
Not that I'd expect a slavish cult follower like you to accept the truth...

tax-hikes-in-Obamacare.jpg

The Moonie Times? Holy shit, that's funny...

Because it was designed with parasites like you in mind.

In the long run ..... YES!

Why you think all the goodies dont start till 2014 ?

In the long run? So, you think it's CHEAPER for freeloaders to get free expensive ER treatment that is absorbed by those with insurance - including you if you pay for private health care insurance? Get your calculator out...

In the long run? So, you think it's CHEAPER for freeloaders to get free expensive ER treatment that is absorbed by those with insurance - including you if you pay for private health care insurance? Get your calculator out...

Only a small fraction of Americans dont have insurance, and it certainly didnt warrant this bullshit ACA Obamatax.

To your point... every time I ever needed to go to the ER, it was full of idiots that dont even speak english!!!
Truthfully, I dont mind helping AMERICANS who cant afford it... its the free loaders from other countries here illegally that pisses me off.

Oh, and get ready to lose your "private" health care insurance... because this law makes it impossible for "private" health care insurance to stay vialble.
It may take a few years, but get ready to lose it.

Only a small fraction of Americans dont have insurance, and it certainly didnt warrant this bullshit ACA Obamatax.

To your point... every time I ever needed to go to the ER, it was full of idiots that dont even speak english!!!
Truthfully, I dont mind helping AMERICANS who cant afford it... its the free loaders from other countries here illegally that pisses me off.

Oh, and get ready to lose your "private" health care insurance... because this law makes it impossible for "private" health care insurance to stay vialble.

Really? Please explain why that will happen.

Not only that, but the *ahem* assumption that everyone who has no insurance is automatically a freeloader is bigoted beyond repair.

But then again, shameless bigots are big on baseless assumptions.

Romney is wrong when he labels Roberts finding Obamacare constitutional as coming to a "conclusion". Finding Obamacare (ACA) constitutional was Roberts’ desired ‘result’, the “conclusion” was that he could use the tax clause to do it.

In an interview around the time of Roberts' nomination then AG Gonzalez remarked (about his vetting interview with Roberts) that Roberts seemed to have been overly concerned with the legitimacy or 'reputation' of the court. Add this to the known fact that Roberts, unlike most Supremes, pays close attention to and reads many contemporary news articles on the court. Further, upon reading his bio it is notable that Roberts is an inside the beltway critter that would likely be much more concerned with his perceived role and its reflection in the court's reputation.

With that in mind, one could easily envision a Chief Justice Roberts, with the thinly veiled threats from Sen. Leahy and President Obama coupled with the hits from the left that Roberts received on the Citizens United Case fresh in mind, becoming result oriented. That ‘Result’ would have been protecting the ‘reputation’ of the Court (and by extension, his own).

So, Roberts’ desired result was that he must protect the court. From there he reasoned that he had to counter balance his Citizen United decision, much despised by the left, and find ACA constitutional. He concluded he would have to use the taxing power to do so. To his credit he agreed with Kennedy, Scalia, Alito, and Thomas that the ACA was a river too wide for the Commerce clause to bridge so Roberts paraphrased Admiral Ackbar and viola… it’s a TAX!

JM

P.S. It must be pointed out that Roberts rejection of the commerce clause as explanatory as to ACA’s constitutionality does NOT constitute a legal precedent since he was the only justice in the majority that held so. Those justices that agreed with him on that were in the minority, they lost, so the congress is free to use the commerce clause as it wishes, still. Additionally, Roberts, in his decision, specifically stated that this was his lone opinion. Roberts has done violence to the constitution and in his effort to preserve SCOTUS’s reputation has further eroded it. This is a scene straight out of a Greek tragedy and is a disastrous decision for conservatives and the court itself.

30-45 million people (whichever fake number the lolberidals are using this week) are now a mere 2% of the population?

Methinks somebody hasn't done their math.

We know you're not the brightest bulb in the box, but even you should know the tax penalty only applies to the roughly 2% who REFUSE to BUY health insurance until they need it.

By Sahil Kapur

Mitt Romney suggested in a Wednesday interview he would no longer nominate a judge like John Roberts, now that the U.S. chief justice has cast the deciding vote to uphold the Affordable Care Act.

On his campaign website, Romney states that as president he “will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.” But apparently Roberts no longer makes the cut.

CBS reporter Jan Crawford asked the Republican nominee if he’d still nominate a justice like the Bush-appointed Roberts, knowing what he knows now.

“Well, I certainly wouldn’t nominate someone who I knew was gonna come out with a decision I violently disagreed with — or vehemently, rather, disagreed with,” Romney said. “And he reached a conclusion I think that was not accurate and not an appropriate conclusion. But that being said, he’s a very bright person and I’d look for individuals that have intelligence and believe in following the Constitution.”​

More: Romney: No Judges Who Disagree With Me (VIDEO) | TPM2012

You are the most dishonest poster on this board with your idiot websites

By Sahil Kapur

Mitt Romney suggested in a Wednesday interview he would no longer nominate a judge like John Roberts, now that the U.S. chief justice has cast the deciding vote to uphold the Affordable Care Act.

On his campaign website, Romney states that as president he “will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.” But apparently Roberts no longer makes the cut.

CBS reporter Jan Crawford asked the Republican nominee if he’d still nominate a justice like the Bush-appointed Roberts, knowing what he knows now.

“Well, I certainly wouldn’t nominate someone who I knew was gonna come out with a decision I violently disagreed with — or vehemently, rather, disagreed with,” Romney said. “And he reached a conclusion I think that was not accurate and not an appropriate conclusion. But that being said, he’s a very bright person and I’d look for individuals that have intelligence and believe in following the Constitution.”​

More: Romney: No Judges Who Disagree With Me (VIDEO) | TPM2012

You are the most dishonest poster on this board with your idiot websites

Duh, there's a video for the mentally challenged...

Forum List

Back