Romney: Bush, Not Obama, Saved the Economy

It's not that he's clueless..it's that they are going to construct a whole new reality. My thinking is that Rove has gotten involved with Romney. And the first thing they have to do is change the perception that Bush damaged the economy. The second leg of that fantasy will be that everything bad that happened was all Obama's fault.

Watch..
The Psycho-shrinks on his staff think this will bring out the right in his favor.
Most of them secretly still love Bush.
This is just for the primary and he will change his tune if he wins that.

ALL politicians lie.

Essantially the decision to SAVE THE BANKS started DURING the Bush Administration.

Obama's Treasury and FED continue to RECAPITALIZE the BANKS even to date.
I hear they are still trading derivatives, so much for making sure the economic crisis never happens again. If I was a pessimist, I would say a depression is just waiting to happen. :eusa_shhh:

Well another decade of stagnation at best.

Essantially the decision to SAVE THE BANKS started DURING the Bush Administration.

I hear they are still trading derivatives, so much for making sure the economic crisis never happens again. If I was a pessimist, I would say a depression is just waiting to happen. :eusa_shhh:

Dodd-Frank Act Rulemaking: Derivatives

Same bill opposed vehmently by Republicans.

The CFTC has primary regulatory authority over all other swaps, such as energy and agricultural swaps. The CFTC and SEC share authority over “mixed swaps,” which are security-based swaps that also have a commodity component.

In addition, the SEC has anti-fraud enforcement authority over swaps that are related to securities but that do not come within the definition of “security-based swap.” These are called “security-based swap agreements.” The Dodd-Frank Act provides the SEC with access to information relating to security-based swap agreement in the possession of the CFTC and certain CFTC-regulated entities, such as derivatives clearing organizations, designated contract markets, and swap data repositories.

Nothing has been "fixed" by Bush or Obama. It's called inflation, and it kicks the can down the road too. All Obama has managed doing is making that $14 trillion LOOK smaller. Bush made it look bigger. It is all just a shell game. And Nobody will ever fix it, because the fix would bring this country to its knees.

What inflation?

It's coming.

Watch.

Oh gosh..I hope he sticks with this!

ARBUTUS, MARYLAND -- Mitt Romney said Wednesday that former President George W. Bush deserves credit for averting total economic collapse, not President Obama.

Romney delivered a passionate defense of the 2008 bank bailouts at a town hall here, aligning himself with the still-unpopular former president in the process.

"I keep hearing the president say that he's responsible for keeping America from going into a Great Depression," Romney said. "No, no, no. That was President George W. Bush and [then-Treasury Secretary] Hank Paulson."

Though Romney has previously spoken in support of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the full-throated defense, and the credit he gave to Bush, were surprising and seemed to open a new front in what's likely to be a major theme of the general election -- the relitigating of Bush's record in office. Democrats frequently point to Bush's policies as the source of the economy's continued tribulations, while Republicans say Obama hasn't done enough, or hasn't done the right things, to turn it around.

During the 2008 crash, Romney said, "President Bush and Hank Paulson said, 'We've got to do something to show we're not going to let the whole system go out of business.' I think they were right. I know some people disagree with me, but I think they were right to do that."
Romney: Bush, Not Obama, Saved the Economy - Molly Ball - Politics - The Atlantic

:clap2:

Bush's coattails. Sure fire winner! :lol:

He's talking up populating his cabinet with former Bushies too..maybe Jeb will get the Vice slot! :D

Anyone who believes the economy is improving is delusional...

Nothing has been "fixed" by Bush or Obama. It's called inflation, and it kicks the can down the road too. All Obama has managed doing is making that $14 trillion LOOK smaller. Bush made it look bigger. It is all just a shell game. And Nobody will ever fix it, because the fix would bring this country to its knees.

What inflation?

It's coming.

Watch.

Is this one of those "How do you keep an idiot in suspense" things?

Not funny man. :mad:

ARBUTUS, MARYLAND -- Mitt Romney said Wednesday that former President George W. Bush deserves credit for averting total economic collapse, not President Obama.

Romney delivered a passionate defense of the 2008 bank bailouts at a town hall here, aligning himself with the still-unpopular former president in the process.

"I keep hearing the president say that he's responsible for keeping America from going into a Great Depression," Romney said. "No, no, no. That was President George W. Bush and [then-Treasury Secretary] Hank Paulson."

Though Romney has previously spoken in support of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the full-throated defense, and the credit he gave to Bush, were surprising and seemed to open a new front in what's likely to be a major theme of the general election -- the relitigating of Bush's record in office. Democrats frequently point to Bush's policies as the source of the economy's continued tribulations, while Republicans say Obama hasn't done enough, or hasn't done the right things, to turn it around.

During the 2008 crash, Romney said, "President Bush and Hank Paulson said, 'We've got to do something to show we're not going to let the whole system go out of business.' I think they were right. I know some people disagree with me, but I think they were right to do that."
Romney: Bush, Not Obama, Saved the Economy - Molly Ball - Politics - The Atlantic

He's talking up populating his cabinet with former Bushies too..maybe Jeb will get the Vice slot! :D

Yeah..why believe numbers?

Listening to crackpots is so much more fun!

What inflation?

It's coming.

Watch.

It is called a growing economy.
Now just who do you think pays for a growing economy in a consumer spending based economy?

Maybe..

If we follow England's and Japan's austerity model..then yeah.

Maybe..

If we follow England's and Japan's austerity model..then yeah.

Lets not forget the impact of cheap global labor and globalization. That is really the biggest single factor.

I know it goes counter to the progressive "mantra" that Obama's stimulus prevented a second Great Depression but Romney is correct in his analysis that it was TARP that kept us from going into a deeper recession...and TARP was W's program.

True..and it went to help the wealthy..keep their wealth.

The Stimulus was for everyone else.

Gee, Sallow...since the banks paid BACK the money they got from TARP I don't really have a problem with that. On the other hand, I'm not so happy with the billions that we gave to GM to save Barry's union friends benefits that we haven't gotten back or will get back for what looks like a long long time.
Whew!!!

....And, I thought....

How can YOU make that evaluation, with your head.....

:confused:

Normally, when both parties are saying the complete opposite, the answer lies in the middle. The correct answer is that neither of them saved the economy. The economy saved itself despite both president's lame actions.

Presidents are not supermen, they cannot make or break an entire economy. And the economy is not so weak that it needs a savior.

Normally, when both parties are saying the complete opposite, the answer lies in the middle. The correct answer is that neither of them saved the economy. The economy saved itself despite both president's lame actions.

Presidents are not supermen, they cannot make or break an entire economy. And the economy is not so weak that it needs a savior.

That's absolutely not the correct answer. Had TARP and the GM loan not happened you would have seen a total collapse of our financial, banking and manufacturing base. Bush and Paulson got scared shitless after Lehman went under. And they were absolutely right to be scared.

That's absolutely not the correct answer. Had TARP and the GM loan not happened you would have seen a total collapse of our financial, banking and manufacturing base. Bush and Paulson got scared shitless after Lehman went under. And they were absolutely right to be scared.

Had GM went under it would have most likely been purchased by another company, restructured, then reopened.

Had GM went under it would have most likely been purchased by another company, restructured, then reopened.

Yep.

In China, Mexico, Japan or Britain.

I know it goes counter to the progressive "mantra" that Obama's stimulus prevented a second Great Depression but Romney is correct in his analysis that it was TARP that kept us from going into a deeper recession...and TARP was W's program.

Yup. All the lefties want to heap praise on Barry for his fast action and quick thinking. Gag me.

According to him and them he saved the economy. Without his heroic deeds we would have had another GD. Of course no way to prove that but what the hey. Sounds good when your running for POTUS.

They all conveniently Seem to forget that Bush's TARP was the first thing that happened.

Selective memory?? Oh Yeah.

Yep.

In China, Mexico, Japan or Britain.

Lay that blame on free trade agreements and a broken tax system. You know, those silly things that repealing/fixing could actually help our economy long term, and not just give it a band-aid

The Reagan-Clinton-Bush Jr-Obama political dynasty ruined America, if America doesn't go bankrupt like Argentina did it will be a miracle. American military supremacy is finished, and China's economy will soon overtake the US. I suspect Woodrow Wilson, Thomas Jefferson, Nixon, Kennedy and Roosevelt, and Patton are turning in their graves.

The banks and the industrial-military complex deserve a round of applause, if America hadn't gone into Afghanistan and Iraq, and the banks hadn't deregulated the finance industry, sucking people into scams; America would have never come to this. :clap2:
It's just business.All that's missing from murka is whips and shackles. Those are too antiquated. It's all digital now. Don't you feel the pressure on your balls ?

Forum List

Back