Romney best chance of taking out Obama so far.

President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.

President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August.

2012 Presidential Matchups - Rasmussen Reports™

Right on cue......:clap2: Simply perfect. :lol::lol:

Want to bet on the election?

You already are.

...hurting for Constitutionally based conservatives. The GOP had Gary Johnson but deemed him such a threat to the GOP establishment that they totally blackballed Gary. Like I said, all the GOP has now short of Ron Paul is a bunch of Obama's to offer for POTUS. I can't even believe the GOP scrapped the bottom of the barrel to dig up Gingrich!!! I mean when one has to stoop that low to get a guy with Newt's past record(worst ever in American politics), ya gotta know where the GOP is heading!!! Us in the Libertarian party are just shaking our heads in absolute total disbelief.
The GOP isn't the 1st to do this tho... the Germans back in 33' voted in Adolf! History does have a way of repeating itself, does it not?

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.

Republicans have stopped even caring about the economic mess they created. It's all about taking down the black guy.

Republicans have stopped even caring about the economic mess they created. It's all about taking down the black guy.

"Republicans have stopped even caring about the economic mess they created"

:lol:.. Kinda true, the one the Democrats have created is far far and one more far worse..

It's amazing. They don't even try to hide it. The new T-baggers in the House campaigned on jobs - but the first thing they did was stick their heads up vaginas to restrict female reproductive rights. Truly amazing...

It's amazing. They don't even try to hide it. The new T-baggers in the House campaigned on jobs - but the first thing they did was stick their heads up vaginas to restrict female reproductive rights. Truly amazing...

:doubt:...&.... horror

Right on cue......:clap2: Simply perfect. :lol::lol:

Want to bet on the election?

I don't bet on politics, but if you want to, you can do so here.

Intrade - Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012 is 50.4% probable

Currently, the odds of Obama being re-elected is 50.4%. If you think Obama is a shoe-in, those are very good odds, and you should be buying that contract all day.

And it is far, far too early to be looking at head to head matchups.

A lot of bible thumpers don't like him because he's a Mormon. I guess they prefer a atheist.

-

Actually, I'm an atheist who won't vote for a Mormon.

I think most religion is kind of silly, but MOrmonism takes it up a notch because the fraud is so obvious. Joseph Smith was making it up to get less smart people to give away their money and let him sleep with their teenage daughters.

Really, though, the problem is, Mormonism calls all other religions an "abomination unto the Lord". That's in their bible, the Pearl of Great Price. YOu can kind of see how "bible thumpers" might be offended by that.

One is just as preposterous/far-fetched as the next. :eusa_eh: Seriously. Is that your reasoning?

Well, first, I don't buy that. I'm not a religious man, but can I say for absolute certain, there wasn't a Jesus? Nope. The bible might have been written by superstitious people, but the people and places mentioned in it did exist. We even have one or two of their bodies in museums. People wrote down or told stories, and somene collected those stories into something called a bible. Some of those stories were thrown out, others embellished or re-written, but there was a fundemental truth there. It wasn't like someone got up one morning and then said, "I'm going to write this big book to scam people." It was a primitive people trying to comprehend their world with the limited science they had.

That is not what happened with Joseph Smith. He knew he was lying the first time he set pen to paper. Except now we know that there weren't any Hebrews in ancient America, and that the "Book of Abraham" was in fact a pagan funerary scroll that Smith thought he could get away with because no one had translated heiroglyphics in 1830. He was making it up, scamming his way from one state to another until they finally got fed up and shot him.

In order to keep believing in Mormonism, Mitt Romney has to make a conscious effort to ignore these facts. It shows a mind that is kind of the oppossite of what I want in the White House. Reason is molding your opinion around the facts. Faith is molding the facts around your beliefs. And when your faith is a lie from the start, things get a little funky.

In 2008, Romney said he welcomed questions about his faith. Until People started actually asking them. Today he says he won't discuss it and anyone who brings it up is a "bigot".

Elections are won by winning the center. This article explains it very nicely....Michael Medved: Conservatives, Romney, and Electability - WSJ.com

"President Romney" .....get used to the sound.

And it's the most retarded thing I've ever read... Not to mention he outright lies in a few places like saying McCain got 3 million more conservative votes than George W. Bush did. It's outright chichanery. McCain in fact got 6% less of not only the conservative vote but 6% less of the moderate vote than Bush did in 2004. You only can come up with the "3 million more" number if you compare 2008 with 2000. But in 2000, there were 15 million less people voting.

He also says McCain got more of the conservative vote than Reagan did. Another misrepresentation (even though he used percentages here) because Jimmy Carter was a conservative democrat.

The real thing is that he tries to use the McCain experience as to why Republicans should support "Centrist" Romney. (I think he's a centrist this time. I'll have to check my scorecard.) But what he forgets is that McCain lost and he got 4 million less votes than Bush got in 2004.

the other thing he forgets is that McCain was just a swell guy to the Mainstream Media, until he got the nomination. Then they ripped into him. The MSM is doing the same thing now. Anyone gets a little ahead of Romney, they will dredge up whatever filth they can find, no matter how unsubstiated or irrelevent.

Once Romney gets the nomination, we are going to get to hear all about those AmPad workers he screwed, and just how crazy Mormonism is. But the conservatives and evangelicals will already be sitting this one out, so it won't matter.

Last edited:

Most Americans call that "Big Brother".

Actually, they campaigned on stopping ObamaCare...

And frankly, how is not funding your life choices "sticking" anything anywhere.

You want birth control pills, buy them yourself.

Actually, I'm an atheist who won't vote for a Mormon.

I think most religion is kind of silly, but MOrmonism takes it up a notch because the fraud is so obvious. Joseph Smith was making it up to get less smart people to give away their money and let him sleep with their teenage daughters.

Really, though, the problem is, Mormonism calls all other religions an "abomination unto the Lord". That's in their bible, the Pearl of Great Price. YOu can kind of see how "bible thumpers" might be offended by that.

One is just as preposterous/far-fetched as the next. :eusa_eh: Seriously. Is that your reasoning?

Well, first, I don't buy that. I'm not a religious man, but can I say for absolute certain, there wasn't a Jesus? Nope. The bible might have been written by superstitious people, but the people and places mentioned in it did exist. We even have one or two of their bodies in museums. People wrote down or told stories, and somene collected those stories into something called a bible. Some of those stories were thrown out, others embellished or re-written, but there was a fundemental truth there. It wasn't like someone got up one morning and then said, "I'm going to write this big book to scam people." It was a primitive people trying to comprehend their world with the limited science they had.

That is not what happened with Joseph Smith. He knew he was lying the first time he set pen to paper. Except now we know that there weren't any Hebrews in ancient America, and that the "Book of Abraham" was in fact a pagan funerary scroll that Smith thought he could get away with because no one had translated heiroglyphics in 1830. He was making it up, scamming his way from one state to another until they finally got fed up and shot him.

In order to keep believing in Mormonism, Mitt Romney has to make a conscious effort to ignore these facts. It shows a mind that is kind of the oppossite of what I want in the White House. Reason is molding your opinion around the facts. Faith is molding the facts around your beliefs. And when your faith is a lie from the start, things get a little funky.

In 2008, Romney said he welcomed questions about his faith. Until People started actually asking them. Today he says he won't discuss it and anyone who brings it up is a "bigot".

You sound like an Agnostic to me. You say that one of your biggest reasons for not being a Romney voter is because of his religion. Then you go on & say that you're an Atheist. A true Atheist wouldn't split hairs when it comes to religions because they're all equally far- fetched. You shouldn't go @ calling yourself an Atheist. There is a difference.

Last edited:

You sound like an Agnostic to me. You say that one of your biggest reasons for not being a Romney voter is because of his religion. Then you go on & say that you're an Atheist. A true Atheist wouldn't split hairs when it comes to religions because they're all equally far- fetched. You shouldn't go @ calling yourself an Atheist. There is a difference.

An Atheist can believe that Jesus was a real person. Most historians do. Whether or not he was God or did any miracles is up for debate (i kind of doubt it.)

No such wiggle room on Mormonism. Smith made it up.

An Atheist can believe that Jesus was a real person. Most historians do. Whether or not he was God or did any miracles is up for debate (i kind of doubt it.)

What makes his visions any less preposterous than the others put out by other organized religions? :eusa_eh: I'll tell you, nothing

According to the RCP average in the poll below president Obama has only a 1.8 spread over Mitt Romney at current.

Ron Paul was the 2nd closest for taking out president Obama, with Obama still at a 6.0 spread over Ron Paul in the RCP poll, which is a SUBSTANTIAL lead.

Newt Gingrich is holding in a CLOSE 3rd place with president Obama leading Newt by a 6.8 spread.

Incredibly, Jon Huntsman held a distant 4th place position with president Obama leading by a whopping 8.7 spread!

It appears at current that the ONLY serious POTUS contender for the GOP is Mitt Romney.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

The polls show Romney & president Obama about in a neck to neck race in 12 swing states...

Poll: Obama rising in key swing states - The Hill's Ballot Box

I'm thinkin Obama's complete and dismal failure as President is the best chance of him not being re-elected..:lol:

Strange though.. some pick winning over what's best for America..

Bush was a complete and dismal failure. He failed to prevent 9/11. He failed to capture the guy who perpetrated 9/11. He failed to recognize what government was behind 9/11 (Saudi Arabia). He failed to end the 2 wars he started. He failed to pay down the debt. He failed to recognize an looming economic calamity. He failed to keep American alliances strong.

Obama..is the opposite of all that. In a word..success. He killed Bin Laden. He reversed the UE trend. He threw in a couple of more terrorists into the dead pool for good measure.

And all you conservatives can do is scream "failure".

I don't believe there was ever a "real" Jesus anymore then there was a "real" King Arthur. It seems he may have been a conglomeration of several people that were alive at the time.

In any case..the only known "historian" that vouches for the existence of Jesus is Titus Flavius Josephus. And there is a good deal of "question" how much of that was corrupted by the Christian Church.

What makes his visions any less preposterous than the others put out by other organized religions? :eusa_eh: I'll tell you, nothing

YOu mean other than everything he claimed has been disproven?

Forum List

Back