Romney best chance of taking out Obama so far.

True. He's got the money, he's got the organization on the ground, and the endorsements. For some reason, the Repub Basers don't like him :dunno:

Actually, it's for a lot of reasons.

He's not a Conservative.
He belongs to a whackadoodle cult.
He invented ObamaCare
He pretty much lies through his teeth.
You don't really know where he stands on anything.

Frankly, I"d rather lose with someone who has principles than sell them out just to win.
Apparently, lots of conservatives are ready to forgive Romney for all that and more.

The problem with Romney is he doesn't offer the right wing what they want. Romney does have a big advantage over the rest of the pack. It will be more difficult for the Obama campaign to draw clear difference between the two candidates.

There is an absolute clear difference, Romney is a conservative and Obama is a liberal, anyone who does not know that has not been doing their homework. They have been listening to Rush Limbaugh who is dead wrong on this issue, just the other day touting that Mitt was for citizenship for illegals in 2007. Maybe Rush needs to do his homework as I have proof otherwise. Newt cut this segment to justify what he stated at the debate and it's totally and completely false. Here's your proof.

Mitt Romney 2012 | Mitt Romney Central: News, 2012 Polls, Video, Endorsements, and Announcement

Last edited:
True. He's got the money, he's got the organization on the ground, and the endorsements. For some reason, the Repub Basers don't like him :dunno:

Actually, it's for a lot of reasons.

He's not a Conservative.
He belongs to a whackadoodle cult.
He invented ObamaCare
He pretty much lies through his teeth.
You don't really know where he stands on anything.

Frankly, I"d rather lose with someone who has principles than sell them out just to win.

And you have principles?? Your only principle is that you are a bigot who hates Mormons. That's the only principle I have seen from you.

...hasn't already offered. That's where the Repubs are missing the boat. Why change out Obama & replace president Obama with a slightly lighter shade of Obama??? There would be precious little if any 'diff' between them. Ron Paul has new things to offer in the way of Constitutional government that president Obama has not got to offer, but the rank & file Repub constituency is as big government or more so than the Demmie constituency. At the current rate I'd say Obama cruises easily to a 2nd term.

Their best candidate can't beat the President at this point. Add to that the President's foreign policy successes (he's killing more terrorists and drawing down the wars) and you get the idea of how the election will pan out. The last debate highlighted the Repubs casual approach to starting another war.

Yes, Ron Paul has a lot to offer, a nuclear Iran for one. :cuckoo: Blames 9-11 on his own people. Now that's real smart. Running on the Republican ticket when he should be running on the Libertarian ticket because that's what he is. He is also DANGEROUSLY naive and would put America at risk. Freedom is not free, never has been and never will be.

Last edited:
The president is well-liked, is an effective campaigner, and will destroy Romney in the debates – Obama will have so many flip-flops to select from the hardest part will be which to choose.

Yup.. Obama has hasn't flip flopped...:lol:... mostly flopped...:lol:

Of course, he has been flipping the bird to private individuals/workers since he took the job...

Are you employed?

Why yes.. yes I am...

Many of my friends are not...

Yup.. Obama has hasn't flip flopped...:lol:... mostly flopped...:lol:

Of course, he has been flipping the bird to private individuals/workers since he took the job...

Are you employed?

Why yes.. yes I am...

Many of my friends are not...

Many of my friends are not either they lost their jobs after this Obama debaucle, they voted for him, votes have consequences, they won't be voting for him again.

...conservative & socially liberal outta win hands down!

Elections are won by winning the center. This article explains it very nicely....Michael Medved: Conservatives, Romney, and Electability - WSJ.com

"President Romney" .....get used to the sound.

This country has always been center right, it will be again, the independents are the ones to watch they control 40% of our vote, they are fiscal conservatives yet not social conservatives and they overwhelmingly support Mitt Romney. If we don't get their support we lose this election. Those are the facts they are backed up by the numbers and numbers don't lie.

President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.

President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...sidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

...it gives Israel all the justification they need to take out Iran! Iran is Israels neighbor NOT ours! We as American's have no right to strike Iran which is no threat to us. Iran IS a SELF STATED threat to Israel. You MUST learn to READ BETWEEN THE LINES here!!! Why do you think America has stockpiled Israel to their eyebrows in nukes??? You get Ron Paul in office & Iran goes up in a mushroom cloud!
Israel can nuke out Iran & company for pennies. A conventional war between Iran & the USA would cost us the American taxpayer billions if not trillions. War is economics & Ron is simply getting us the biggest bang for the buck!!! Ya wanna cost America billions more or let Israel do it all for pennies???
Maple, our OWN CIA report CONFIRMED the 9-11 attack was "blow back" due to our meddling on what islam considers holy land. Ron is hardly naive. I must say that you Maple seem the naive one. You appear to have NO MILITARY tactical/strategic knowledge what so ever. Ron has stated that Israel has the right to defend herself. I absolutely guarantee you Maple that if Ron gets into the oval office you WILL SEE ISRAEL DEFEND HERSELF AGAINST IRAN! Boy will you ever see Israel defend herself... like by by islam!

...hasn't already offered. That's where the Repubs are missing the boat. Why change out Obama & replace president Obama with a slightly lighter shade of Obama??? There would be precious little if any 'diff' between them. Ron Paul has new things to offer in the way of Constitutional government that president Obama has not got to offer, but the rank & file Repub constituency is as big government or more so than the Demmie constituency. At the current rate I'd say Obama cruises easily to a 2nd term.

Their best candidate can't beat the President at this point. Add to that the President's foreign policy successes (he's killing more terrorists and drawing down the wars) and you get the idea of how the election will pan out. The last debate highlighted the Repubs casual approach to starting another war.

Yes, Ron Paul has a lot to offer, a nuclear Iran for one. :cuckoo: Blames 9-11 on his own people. Now that's real smart. Running on the Republican ticket when he should be running on the Libertarian ticket because that's what he is. He is also DANGEROUSLY naive and would put America at risk. Freedom is not free, never has been and never will be.

Elections are won by winning the center. This article explains it very nicely....Michael Medved: Conservatives, Romney, and Electability - WSJ.com

Great article Zander, the problem with Rush Limbaugh is that he needs to check the facts before he spouts off, obviously he has not read this article. The numbers don't lie.

What I worry about is that in many states we have closed primaries where the fiscal conservative independents can not vote, and the bone head Republicans put up some far, far right candidate who can't possibly win the general. That's what keeps me awake at nights.

Great article Zander, the problem with Rush Limbaugh is that he needs to check the facts before he spouts off, obviously he has not read this article. The numbers don't lie.

What I worry about is that in many states we have closed primaries where the fiscal conservative independents can not vote, and the bone head Republicans put up some far, far right candidate who can't possibly win the general. That's what keeps me awake at nights.

I liked this from Zander's article:

3) Rush Limbaugh's favorite slogan, "Conservatism wins every time," is more a statement of wishful thinking than an accurate summary of electoral experience. It's true that Ronald Reagan's inspiring, comprehensive conservatism brought two sweeping victories (in 1980 and '84). But the same supremely gifted candidate lost two prior runs for the presidency (in 1968 and 1976) to two charismatically challenged, moderate rivals, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

I liked this from Zander's article:

3) Rush Limbaugh's favorite slogan, "Conservatism wins every time," is more a statement of wishful thinking than an accurate summary of electoral experience. It's true that Ronald Reagan's inspiring, comprehensive conservatism brought two sweeping victories (in 1980 and '84). But the same supremely gifted candidate lost two prior runs for the presidency (in 1968 and 1976) to two charismatically challenged, moderate rivals, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

I am in Colorado and we are still realing from the senate race we lost. The tea party put up a far, far right candidate who did not allow for abortion under any circumstances, life of the mother, rape or incest and Republican women took him down. It was a race we could have easily walked away with, as there was no great love for Michael Bennet even with Democrats. Still makes me sick.

Glad you enjoyed it. Medved is dead on. Conservatives are as reliable a vote for the "R" candidate as blacks are for the "D". They will vote, and they will vote for the Republican no matter who it is. The few that stray to 3rd parties won't matter anyway. The power to win national elections is the center. We need moderates and independents to win on the national stage. Anyone who disputes this fact is either ill informed, or suffering from wishful thinking.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.

2012 Presidential Matchups - Rasmussen Reports™

Right on cue......:clap2: Simply perfect. :lol::lol:

2012 Presidential Matchups - Rasmussen Reports™

Right on cue......:clap2: Simply perfect. :lol::lol:

Want to bet on the election?

...about as clean as it can get for a political party. I started out a Demmie but by the time the Carter administration got thru working us over I fled to the GOP. I lasted until 88' with the GOP but the threat of a Bush sr. oval office scared me to death. I had no where to go so the Libertarian Party took me in as an orphan. Been with em ever since. Great folks too! I'm super happy over here, a little unhappy with the more current shift we had towards the more liberal policy we now hold on abortion. I'm socially liberal but draw my line in the sand on abortion.
Our party is growing as more & more DNC/GOP faithful abandon the DNC/GOP & come over to us, & of course our party platform then gets modified to fit the majority viewpoint. We are strong on national defense, promote small but efficient government & believe in the golden rule... "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."
The nice part, SO FAR, is our former Demmies & former Repubs actually can get things done without that petty bickering. We don't suffer from the group identity pride that plagues the current GOP/DNC organizations. As time goes on & we grow bigger & bigger in number I just hope we can avoid the groupthink pride. It's really something to see the more liberal, more conservative LP members working together to better our existence on this planet instead of arguing/bickering between ourselves.
Below is the link to our preamble & statement of principles...

Platform | Libertarian Party

When you get to section 1.4 on abortion you can see the wording has softened up to a more liberal position of individual choice. I don't approve of that one section but hey, I'm just one member & cannot speak for everyone. If ya like what you read let me know. We can always use input from outsiders as it keeps us from falling into a rut!

Actually the Libertarian's succeeded in branching away in 71' & we formed our own Libertarian party separate of the GOP.

How'd that work out for ya, champ?

Forum List

Back