Romney admits big business, much like Mitten, games the system

So if a rich person pays for more of the road than you do, should they get better access? "Fair Share" is weasel words to get other people to pay for stuff you want to use.

The United States government acts in the 'common good' and as such the commonners get to all share in the goodness. The Cayman Government acts in the Mitty Goodness. You don't get to share any of that. I haven't seen his latest tax return but I believe the Mittster lives in the United States and not the Cayman Islands.

Envy and hatred--that is the hallmark of a modern leftist.

What was our hallmark before we modernized?

Far as I know when people say fair share they mean fair share.

If Mitt Incorporated is willing to stand behind his financial behaviour 100% why in the world is he not releasing his tax returns? My guess would be that he is not comfortable with the way he behaved. He knows right from wrong and he's not showing his tax returns. What do you think?
Call the IRS, then.

Better yet, fill out the Form 3949 A and report him.

They don't do many witch hunts like you, though, so they'll want a few basics.

Go for it. I'm sure the IRS would love to recover the money the witch-hunters think there is to recover.

:thup:

Two wingnuts! Damn Ace Hardware in here.
Oh. So you'd rather just call him a witch (figuratively) than actually DO something about it.

Got it. :thup:

Far as I know when people say fair share they mean fair share.

If Mitt Incorporated is willing to stand behind his financial behaviour 100% why in the world is he not releasing his tax returns? My guess would be that he is not comfortable with the way he behaved. He knows right from wrong and he's not showing his tax returns. What do you think?

Probably the same reason Obama won't release any college transcripts. 1) He doesnt have to, and 2) it will contain stuff that will be taken out of context.

How much you want to bet Obama took courses in Marxism when he was in college?

And this is the point I realize I am talking with a wingnut.......

I didnt say that I wanted to see the transcripts, it just I dont care if Romney release more tax returns, or if Obama bathes himself in original versions of his birth certificate.

All of this crap is distraction. What matters is that our federal system is being assaulted, or future is being loaned out with no way to repay it, and our courts are making up consitutional rights out of thin air. The party that at least doesnt wholeheartedly agree with all this is the Republican party.

I would love a return of the old federalist party, but considering Romney et al is all we got, so be it.

I am hardly what you would call a wing-nut, but if debasing the beliefs of others is the only way you can justify your own viewpoints, then have at it.

Call the IRS, then.

Go for it. I'm sure the IRS would love to recover the money the witch-hunters think there is to recover.

Oh. So you'd rather just call him a witch (figuratively) than actually DO something about it.

Actually my sole purpose in life is to drive you up a freakin' wall. How am I doing today? :D

Call the IRS, then.

Sorry i had to do it....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJFA6uEfUlM]Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Shes a Witch! - YouTube[/ame]

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” Romney added. “But small business is getting crushed.”

Mitt’s Latest Revealing Moment — Non-Birther Edition | TPM Editors Blog

Really? This is SHOCKING!! Could it be they hire those college educated accountants to find the deductions and the savings using the tax code?

If Dems are so enraged with this, why didn't they change the laws while they had the power?

Please answer, because as far as I know they didn't even try.

The United States government acts in the 'common good' and as such the commonners get to all share in the goodness. The Cayman Government acts in the Mitty Goodness. You don't get to share any of that. I haven't seen his latest tax return but I believe the Mittster lives in the United States and not the Cayman Islands.

Envy and hatred--that is the hallmark of a modern leftist.

What was our hallmark before we modernized?

This is all the left has. Wealth envy and occupy wallstreet type stupidity.

Go buy a tent, occupy your nearest park and bitch and moan about how unfair your life is.

This administration may do more to further the conservative movement than a McCain administration could have ever done.

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” Romney added. “But small business is getting crushed.”

Yeah and?....People of means pay tons of money to tax attorneys and financial advisers to get advice on how to keep Uncle Sam from getting his paws on their money.
You show me a person who works hard or has accomplished success who is happy to give their money to the federal government.
Everyone who is a taxpayer looks for ways to limit their tax liability.

If the United States government would like to fix a road for $1 and build a library for $1 and you pay your $1 and Mitt puts his $1 in the Caymans. You now live in a world with a road but no library. If everybody pays their share we can have roads and libraries. Or if you so choose to argue only roads well guess what? Now you only have to pay $.50. Bottomline is you are paying for Mitt Co.'s roads. Still a happy dumb camper?
Last time I checked, there is a Library not 2 miles from here and a road to get there.
Oh, several commercial developments including the Charlotte Motor Speedway, have used THEIR private funds for road improvements to and around their facilities.
The end user of the infrastructure is the one from which the funding came.
Government pays for nothing, build nothing. Taxpayers do all of this.

Was Bush doing a great job before Obama messed it all up with his 'really slow recovery'?

All that shows is that businessmen are not stupid, and that liberal politicians are stupid. What you call "gaming the system" is what rational people call "following the laws on the books."

funny, when a poor person does it...they are called leeches.

He says that four years from now if he's running for reelection, he'll have created 12 million new jobs

From 2001 to 2008, the Chamber of Commerce, with funding from China and with the support of the Republican Party moved millions of jobs to China. The Chamber gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. Those jobs are gone. Tens of thousands of factories closed. Gone. Closed. You can't "fix" that. You have to rebuild as if there were a fire. You need education. Which Republican cut. You need infrastructure. Which Republicans block. You need demand. Which you don't have because people have no jobs. Republicans helped move them to China. Since 2001, Republicans have been locusts tearing through this country. Now, with Mitt, they want to "finish" the job. Mitt who says, "Fewer police, fewer Firemen and fewer teachers". That was a "policy" and not a "gaffe"

Was Bush doing a great job before Obama messed it all up with his 'really slow recovery'?

The way the right rewrites history, apparently Bush kept us out of war and built a booming economy. Obama got us in to two wars and brought down the economy. See how that works?

He says that four years from now if he's running for reelection, he'll have created 12 million new jobs

From 2001 to 2008, the Chamber of Commerce, with funding from China and with the support of the Republican Party moved millions of jobs to China. The Chamber gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. Those jobs are gone. Tens of thousands of factories closed. Gone. Closed. You can't "fix" that. You have to rebuild as if there were a fire. You need education. Which Republican cut. You need infrastructure. Which Republicans block. You need demand. Which you don't have because people have no jobs. Republicans helped move them to China. Since 2001, Republicans have been locusts tearing through this country. Now, with Mitt, they want to "finish" the job. Mitt who says, "Fewer police, fewer Firemen and fewer teachers". That was a "policy" and not a "gaffe"

More of the bullshit, Republicans hate teachers, firemen, clean water ect... Good grief, you guys can only spew the same ole bs.

All that shows is that businessmen are not stupid, and that liberal politicians are stupid. What you call "gaming the system" is what rational people call "following the laws on the books."

funny, when a poor person does it...they are called leeches.

What productivity does a poor person produce when they get handouts from the government?

The Ultimate Gaming of the System is ACORN using US taxpayer dollars to enable prostitution. OR, how about forcing rank and file union members pay dues so they can go to fat cat Democrat coffers? Had enough? Maybe taxpayer funds can go from ACORN to Obama Campaign.

Best solution is a simple X% tax rate on personal income, same % on profits of any type, and another X% tax on final sales.

No way to get around those, plus you know exactly how much you are paying.

Yep. It will never happen, though, the rich won't stand for it.

its not the rich. A flat tax is hated by the left because evidently percentage paid in taxes is more important than the actual amount paid.
That's what they tell you, but isn't the truth. I have no problem with a flat tax and I have no problem with a progressive tax because it works out to be the same....I have a problem with some getting loopholes that others don't.

Forum List

Back