Romney admits big business, much like Mitten, games the system

And yet again, you are just blaming 'rich people' for something that is outside their control. The reason we have varying degrees, and different rates for income, corporation or capital gains is that we actually have to compete with other countries... like the French are discovering with their fucking laughable 75% rate for the rich. Are they gonna pay the 75%? Are they hell... they will simply move their primary residence to another country... like Britain.

You really need to investigate the issue, study the various options... actually understand the detail - and then formulate an opinion. Simple 'blaming' others might be easy - but it also stupid.
:rolleyes: The ultra-wealthy have no desire to have their tax loopholes done away with.

No one has any desire to have their tax loopholes done away with, and that includes just about everyone taking a mortgage deduction or getting an earned income rebate.

I seriously doubt that any of you loons pay a dime more in taxes than you have to.
Does anyone? The mortgage deduction is nothing more than a way for the government to control us.

Yep. It will never happen, though, the rich won't stand for it.

its not the rich. A flat tax is hated by the left because evidently percentage paid in taxes is more important than the actual amount paid.
That's what they tell you, but isn't the truth. I have no problem with a flat tax and I have no problem with a progressive tax because it works out to be the same....I have a problem with some getting loopholes that others don't.

I hate the term loopholes. They imply something if not illegal, then illegitamate. All of this is legal, its a symptom of the complexities of the tax system, and years of just adding goodies for everyone, poor, middle class, rich.

If we went with a transparent % based system it would have to remove ALL deductions, shelters, etc.

its not the rich. A flat tax is hated by the left because evidently percentage paid in taxes is more important than the actual amount paid.
That's what they tell you, but isn't the truth. I have no problem with a flat tax and I have no problem with a progressive tax because it works out to be the same....I have a problem with some getting loopholes that others don't.

I hate the term loopholes. They imply something if not illegal, then illegitamate. All of this is legal, its a symptom of the complexities of the tax system, and years of just adding goodies for everyone, poor, middle class, rich.

If we went with a transparent % based system it would have to remove ALL deductions, shelters, etc.

It seems we agree.

All that shows is that businessmen are not stupid, and that liberal politicians are stupid. What you call "gaming the system" is what rational people call "following the laws on the books."

funny, when a poor person does it...they are called leeches.

What productivity does a poor person produce when they get handouts from the government?

last year when i was doing construction i was being taxed at 13%. Thats the same rate Mittens managed to pay making his money.

Mittens and Richer people use government loop holes in order to pay lower taxes.

As to your stupid question? They wash your sheets in a hotel. They run that store on the corner where you buy your beer to get drunk every night. They bag your food, Pick your food, Butcher your food so you can fill your fat face. They take your trash every week so you dont sit in it.

They are decent people who are just trying to make it and enjoy the small things while not getting dicked over by anyone..

funny, when a poor person does it...they are called leeches.

What productivity does a poor person produce when they get handouts from the government?

last year when i was doing construction i was being taxed at 13%. Thats the same rate Mittens managed to pay making his money.

Mittens and Richer people use government loop holes in order to pay lower taxes.

As to your stupid question? They wash your sheets in a hotel. They run that store on the corner where you buy your beer to get drunk every night. They bag your food, Pick your food, Butcher your food so you can fill your fat face. They take your trash every week so you dont sit in it.

They are decent people who are just trying to make it and enjoy the small things while not getting dicked over by anyone..

I live in NYC, sanitation guys are not poor.

So because these people do all this guys like Romney and anyone else better off with them has to pay more money into the system for less of a return? If you are so concerned about the downtrodden do something about it yourself. Dont use the government's bayonet to make others pay for your idea of social equality.

Convince others to donate to causes to make these people's lives easier instead of forcing people to be charitable. Of course something like that would actually make you work for it, instead of using politicans to use the law to fleece people of thier money.

Article this morning elaborating on Romney's tax return:
Mitt Romney Reaped Huge Tax Benefits Based On 'Active' Role At Bain Capital
"For tax purposes, he claims an active status; for political purposes, he claims to have zero to do with the investments."

"In other words, Romney didn't build that, at least not without taxpayer backing."

"Romney's 2010 tax return lists $301,630 in "trade or business interest" deductions and $503,737 in "trade or business expense" deductions -- all of it described as expenses from his business partnerships, including Bain. Specifically from his various Bain-related activities, Romney scored a total of $547,525 in such deductions.

These kinds of deductions are only available to "active" participants in business partnerships. While Romney filed as an active participant for tax purposes, there is no evidence that he took part in Bain management decisions in 2010, and he has denied doing so."

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” Romney added. “But small business is getting crushed.”

Mitt’s Latest Revealing Moment — Non-Birther Edition | TPM Editors Blog

I think a big reason he is hiding his tax returns is how he made his profits.

I don’t understand why more people aren’t asking about his 15 to 20% return on passive investment. The Republicans want everybody to stick their retirements into the market what they don’t tell you is there the game is set for them to take 20% while you get two if you’re lucky.

Forum List

Back