Romney admits big business, much like Mitten, games the system

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” Romney added. “But small business is getting crushed.”

Mitt’s Latest Revealing Moment — Non-Birther Edition | TPM Editors Blog

All that shows is that businessmen are not stupid, and that liberal politicians are stupid. What you call "gaming the system" is what rational people call "following the laws on the books."

:lmao:

The GOP's line has always been how hard it is for big business to survive....and he admitted that that is untrue.

No he didn't admit that. He simply pointed out that businesses will not pay taxes they can avoid paying, even if that means moving their operations overseas. Imposing punitive taxes on business only encourages them to go where taxes are lower.

Well no,but why tell the truth
Exactly.

Sweetie, when you start a thread with a lie, it's a tad ridiculous to get pissy at others for doing likewise.

Bain documents reveal tax and offshore details - The Washington Post

A fair and balanced look at Bain Capital founded by Romney, and other tidbits which may influence Romney's popularity in a not very positive direction (for him) is in the link above.

Yep. It will never happen, though, the rich won't stand for it.

And yet again, you are just blaming 'rich people' for something that is outside their control. The reason we have varying degrees, and different rates for income, corporation or capital gains is that we actually have to compete with other countries... like the French are discovering with their fucking laughable 75% rate for the rich. Are they gonna pay the 75%? Are they hell... they will simply move their primary residence to another country... like Britain.

You really need to investigate the issue, study the various options... actually understand the detail - and then formulate an opinion. Simple 'blaming' others might be easy - but it also stupid.
:rolleyes: The ultra-wealthy have no desire to have their tax loopholes done away with.

No one has any desire to have their tax loopholes done away with, and that includes just about everyone taking a mortgage deduction or getting an earned income rebate.

I seriously doubt that any of you loons pay a dime more in taxes than you have to.

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” Romney added. “But small business is getting crushed.”

Yeah and?....People of means pay tons of money to tax attorneys and financial advisers to get advice on how to keep Uncle Sam from getting his paws on their money.
You show me a person who works hard or has accomplished success who is happy to give their money to the federal government.
Everyone who is a taxpayer looks for ways to limit their tax liability.

Yeah and?....People of means pay tons of money to tax attorneys and financial advisers to get advice on how to keep Uncle Sam from getting his paws on their money.
You show me a person who works hard or has accomplished success who is happy to give their money to the federal government.

If the United States government would like to fix a road for $1 and build a library for $1 and you pay your $1 and Mitt puts his $1 in the Caymans. You now live in a world with a road but no library. If everybody pays their share we can have roads and libraries. Or if you so choose to argue only roads well guess what? Now you only have to pay $.50. Bottomline is you are paying for Mitt Co.'s roads. Still a happy dumb camper?

And yet again, you are just blaming 'rich people' for something that is outside their control. The reason we have varying degrees, and different rates for income, corporation or capital gains is that we actually have to compete with other countries... like the French are discovering with their fucking laughable 75% rate for the rich. Are they gonna pay the 75%? Are they hell... they will simply move their primary residence to another country... like Britain.

You really need to investigate the issue, study the various options... actually understand the detail - and then formulate an opinion. Simple 'blaming' others might be easy - but it also stupid.
:rolleyes: The ultra-wealthy have no desire to have their tax loopholes done away with.

No one has any desire to have their tax loopholes done away with, and that includes just about everyone taking a mortgage deduction or getting an earned income rebate.

I seriously doubt that any of you loons pay a dime more in taxes than you have to.

As I understand them, loopholes are not tax deductions, they were written into the tax code to provide a benefit to a special interest. Special interests who have easy access to the Congress and can get bills passed to their great benefit for a simple - sometimes large - campaign contribution, or a job for Junior or the spouse, to Members of Congress.

If the United States government would like to fix a road for $1 and build a library for $1 and you pay your $1 and Mitt puts his $1 in the Caymans. You now live in a world with a road but no library. If everybody pays their share we can have roads and libraries. Or if you so choose to argue only roads well guess what? Now you only have to pay $.50. Bottomline is you are paying for Mitt Co.'s roads. Still a happy dumb camper?

So if a rich person pays for more of the road than you do, should they get better access? "Fair Share" is weasel words to get other people to pay for stuff you want to use.

So if a rich person pays for more of the road than you do, should they get better access? "Fair Share" is weasel words to get other people to pay for stuff you want to use.

The United States government acts in the 'common good' and as such the commonners get to all share in the goodness. The Cayman Government acts in the Mitty Goodness. You don't get to share any of that. I haven't seen his latest tax return but I believe the Mittster lives in the United States and not the Cayman Islands.

The United States government acts in the 'common good' and as such the commonners get to all share in the goodness. The Cayman Government acts in the Mitty Goodness. You don't get to share any of that. I haven't seen his latest tax return but I believe the Mittster lives in the United States and not the Cayman Islands.

If Mitt figures out a way to save a few tax bucks, fine by me. He still pays dollar wise a shit ton more than i do, and the company he ran paid a shit ton more in corporate taxes as well. Add all the money paid in taxes by his investors, and they have been paying thier "fair share."

When people say "fair share" what they really mean is "I want you to pay for my stuff, but have no say in how its spent, neener neener neener"

If Mitt figures out a way to save a few tax bucks, fine by me. He still pays dollar wise a shit ton more than i do, and the company he ran paid a shit ton more in corporate taxes as well. Add all the money paid in taxes by his investors, and they have been paying thier "fair share."

When people say "fair share" what they really mean is "I want you to pay for my stuff, but have no say in how its spent, neener neener neener"

Far as I know when people say fair share they mean fair share.

If Mitt Incorporated is willing to stand behind his financial behaviour 100% why in the world is he not releasing his tax returns? My guess would be that he is not comfortable with the way he behaved. He knows right from wrong and he's not showing his tax returns. What do you think?

If Mitt Incorporated is willing to stand behind his financial behaviour 100% why in the world is he not releasing his tax returns? My guess would be that he is not comfortable with the way he behaved. He knows right from wrong and he's not showing his tax returns. What do you think?

Probably the same reason Obama won't release any college transcripts. 1) He doesnt have to, and 2) it will contain stuff that will be taken out of context.

How much you want to bet Obama took courses in Marxism when he was in college?

Probably the same reason Obama won't release any college transcripts. 1) He doesnt have to, and 2) it will contain stuff that will be taken out of context.

How much you want to bet Obama took courses in Marxism when he was in college?

And this is the point I realize I am talking with a wingnut.......

Call the IRS, then.

Better yet, fill out the Form 3949 A and report him.

They don't do many witch hunts like you, though, so they'll want a few basics.

Go for it. I'm sure the IRS would love to recover the money the witch-hunters think there is to recover.

:thup:

So people with money do as much as they legally can to reduce their tax burden, and this is somehow controversial or revealing to you?

Beyond that, this constant calling Romney Mittens--is that supposed to be insulting? This is all the left has, that is to say NOTHING :lol:

Call the IRS, then.

Better yet, fill out the Form 3949 A and report him.

They don't do many witch hunts like you, though, so they'll want a few basics.

Go for it. I'm sure the IRS would love to recover the money the witch-hunters think there is to recover.

:thup:

Two wingnuts! Damn Ace Hardware in here.

Envy and hatred--that is the hallmark of a modern leftist.

Forum List

Back