Romans 13, in full content.

Yes, Constantine's council did have much influence on putting the Bible together at in the early 4th century.

You are evangelical, pharisaical in the sense that you put the Holy Bible up as an idol instead of concentrating on your relationship with Jesus.

Lean on the Lord, Picaro, and live his Gospel intentionally instead of sounding goofy.
You kind of need both and a good guide too.

Conservatives claim it means government can do anything they want

In that case, Mueller's investigation would be ordained of God. Why is Trump trying to stop God's will?

Because he's not a Godly man and doesn't respect God's authority and has authority of his own. I mean, why are you trying to hold Trump accountable to authority he doesn't recognize?

In that case, Mueller's investigation would be ordained of God. Why is Trump trying to stop God's will?

Because he's not a Godly man and doesn't respect God's authority and has authority of his own. I mean, why are you trying to hold Trump accountable to authority he doesn't recognize?
Trump is an atheist and believes in only his own authority.

They don't, but thanks for trying.

Here's a hint. Conservative =/= Christian. How often have we been assured that liberals are Christians too?

Many libs and cons are Christian, and quite a few cons would use government to enforce their religious practice in the public square.

Many, such as Picaro and ding, claim a relationship with Him that is not evident in their writings here.

Romans 13 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
Chapter 13
Obedience to Authority. 1 Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God.2 Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear to good conduct, but to evil. Do you wish to have no fear of authority? Then do what is good and you will receive approval from it, for it is a servant of God for your good. But if you do evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword without purpose; it is the servant of God to inflict wrath on the evildoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to be subject not only because of the wrath but also because of conscience. 6 This is why you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. 7 Pay to all their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, toll to whom toll is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

Love Fulfills the Law.8 Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet,” and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this saying, [namely] “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law.

Awareness of the End of Time. 11 And do this because you know the time; it is the hour now for you to awake from sleep. For our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed;I 12 the night is advanced, the day is at hand. Let us then throw off the works of darkness [and] put on the armor of light; 13 let us conduct ourselves properly as in the daynot in orgies and drunkenness, not in promiscuity and licentiousness, not in rivalry and jealousy 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.

------------------------------------------
How dare Sessions to take a verse out of context, and perhaps Trump is not a mistake, we never know evil till it rears its ulgy head and vices.

What is the Book of Romans?
Who wrote the Book of Romans?
Who was the person who wrote the Book of Romans talking to and why?

It is a letter written by the Apostle Paul to the believers in Rome, hence the name.

Paul wrote it to the Romans, describing his particular brand of Christianity. Some of his statements were the exact opposite of what Jesus had taught. Paul even called it his gospel instead of the gospel of Jesus and/or the 12 disciples.

That's correct as far as who wrote the Book of Romans and what the Book of Romans is (Paul's letters to the Romans).
I can assume you know who he was actually writing the letters to and why.

It's true the context of the letters and Paul's desires can shed some light on how the content of a verse pulled from the letters ...
May not accurately represent the entire picture.

A direct contradiction with Jesus's teachings has nothing to do with context. The teachings are the same, or they aren't. I'm not talking about a different placement of a comma. I;m talking about directly opposite statements.

Have you an example?

Paul was giving them guidance and explaining his understanding of the Gospel, among other matters. The question remains as to the extent of the universal application of his writing and others in the Bible.

Read it, hadit.

So why are non believers saying he should be held accountable to God? I mean, aren't they advocating for a theocracy?

Paul was giving them guidance and explaining his understanding of the Gospel, among other matters. The question remains as to the extent of the universal application of his writing and others in the Bible.

Read it, hadit.

I have. I want to know what he thinks it's a direct contradiction.

You are evangelical, pharisaical in the sense that you put the Holy Bible up as an idol instead of concentrating on your relationship with Jesus.

Lean on the Lord, Picaro, and live his Gospel intentionally instead of sounding goofy.
You kind of need both and a good guide too.
You prove my points. Lean on the Lord, ding.
You mean that discernment is needed to be able to properly understand how to live the good life? 100%.

Paul wrote it to the Romans, describing his particular brand of Christianity. Some of his statements were the exact opposite of what Jesus had taught. Paul even called it his gospel instead of the gospel of Jesus and/or the 12 disciples.

That's correct as far as who wrote the Book of Romans and what the Book of Romans is (Paul's letters to the Romans).
I can assume you know who he was actually writing the letters to and why.

It's true the context of the letters and Paul's desires can shed some light on how the content of a verse pulled from the letters ...
May not accurately represent the entire picture.

A direct contradiction with Jesus's teachings has nothing to do with context. The teachings are the same, or they aren't. I'm not talking about a different placement of a comma. I;m talking about directly opposite statements.

Have you an example?

Paul says:
Rom.13
[9] The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus says:
Matt.22
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.

So why are non believers saying he should be held accountable to God? I mean, aren't they advocating for a theocracy?

He is the one quoting scripture to justify his disgusting behavior. He should be judged by the same bible he is using.

He is the one quoting scripture to justify his disgusting behavior. He should be judged by the same bible he is using.
Lots of people pay lip service to God. Dare I say all of us do at one time or another.

Read it, hadit.

you wouldn't know, Jake, since you know nothing at all about Christians history, but it has all been addressed by Irenaeus , Origen, Polycarp, Justin Martyr among others, so it was settled a long ago. Your 'reading advice' is not only not needed, it's butt stupid wrong.

Picaro can attack me with his diploma mill education and will always be wrong about me.

And he does not comprehend scripture or have a real witness of our Lord and Savior.

Jake, as much a 'Christian' as he is a 'Republican' n stuff'. Still can't find us any verses Constantine rewrote along with the originals so we can all marvel at them.

I don't remember anyone suggesting that CONSTANTINE, HIMSELF. authored anything in the NT-------you are VERY
defensive, pic.

Well, nobody expects you to remember your own posts; you're just making up rubbish as you go along, same as Jake, so naturally you wouldn't remember what they hell you say about anything.

I remember-------I described CONSTANTINE as an "editor"-----
I never suggested that he WROTE THE BOOK. HOWEVER---
I will modify--------as to the compilation of the NT-----its contents
were INFLUENCED BY CONSTANTINE and THE POSITION
OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. Try reading the book------It is OBVIOUS

So go ahead and list all those alleged 'changes', along with the originals. And of course you claimed he rewrote it.

We'll wait.

Yes, Constantine's council did have much influence on putting the Bible together at in the early 4th century.

Go ahead and list all the stuff he changed, Jake. We'll wait. You don't even know how to begin Google Scholaring any of the facts, but we need the laughs, so go ahead and do your best.

Forum List

Back