Rogue One A Star Wars Story

Pardon my ignorance...is A New Hope the original Star Wars?

Absolutely amazing. Unlike any other Star Wars movie. The ultimate prequel.

Just saw it a couple hours ago and it was beautiful. Not a word you can use to describe any of the other Star Wars movies.

Great characters. The robot was the anti-JarJar.

It had a tragic ending though

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I thought the ending was beautiful. If you think about it,
"A New Hope" is a story about getting the Death Star plans to the Rebels on Yavin 4, which is already a desperate enough prospect. Rogue One shows you that there was a whole other level of desperation involved in that same goal, and the ending makes the movie into a tribute to the people who got the ball rolling. They could really just tack Rogue One onto the beginning of A New Hope as A New Hope starts literally minutes later.
Thank you for blocking the spoiler. I'm hoping to maybe see it tomorrow afternoon if work permits. BTW, how do you do that spoiler hide thing?

Next to the insert media button there's this button that kind of looks like a poster presentation or something. If you click it there's a drop down menu with spoiler as an option.

Heh. Never saw that before.

Learn something new everyday.

My hype level just went through the roof. The reviews were released today and the concensus is that this is one of the best Star Wars movies made. Some reviewers are even saying it is the best one.
They say it's full of Easter Eggs and that the new Droid is arguably the best in the series.

Doesn't reach the epic heights of the originals necessarily. But it is as good of quality as The Force Awakens.

My hype level just went through the roof. The reviews were released today and the concensus is that this is one of the best Star Wars movies made. Some reviewers are even saying it is the best one.
They say it's full of Easter Eggs and that the new Droid is arguably the best in the series.

Doesn't reach the epic heights of the originals necessarily. But it is as good of quality as The Force Awakens.
I'm so pumped. Weather has not cooperated the last few days though. I made the mistake of buying that ethanol garbage and filling up the demolition truck with it the other day. 9 below this morning was a no go on the first damn day of the next job. That shit gums up my vehicles every winter & every winter I forget until the stupid trucks won't run. Needless to say it took 3 hours to warm up enough to get the truck & trailer going so no star wars for me today! Lol

Well I just saw it. Good movie but no where near as good as any of the originals imo. No crawl at the beginning & lack of original music was a big let down.

I saw it last night and it was refreshing to see a stand alone movie that tied the events of the first series (the original 1977) together in time. Visually it was stunning. And unlike most American movies it had a far more realistic ending.

Absolutely amazing. Unlike any other Star Wars movie. The ultimate prequel.

Just saw it a couple hours ago and it was beautiful. Not a word you can use to describe any of the other Star Wars movies.

Great characters. The robot was the anti-JarJar.

It had a tragic ending though

I thought the ending was beautiful. If you think about it,
"A New Hope" is a story about getting the Death Star plans to the Rebels on Yavin 4, which is already a desperate enough prospect. Rogue One shows you that there was a whole other level of desperation involved in that same goal, and the ending makes the movie into a tribute to the people who got the ball rolling. They could really just tack Rogue One onto the beginning of A New Hope as A New Hope starts literally minutes later.

Absolutely great ending. It was nice to see the storm trooper actually work like an elite combat unit and actually hit a target.

The only think I kinda regret is we won't see any of the characters again.

Yes it was the first one made but fits into the timeline as the 4th story in the series.

That would be 5th

1. Phantom Menace - aka shit on a stick
2.Attack of the Clones - not as bad as it has been given credit for. The Yoda fight scene was classic
3. Return of the Sith - I actually really liked this one
4. Rogue One
5. New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. Return of the Jedi

There was also the cartoon movie (that sucked ass) between 2 and 3 called the Clone Wars.

Yes it was the first one made but fits into the timeline as the 4th story in the series.

That would be 5th

1. Phantom Menace - aka shit on a stick
2.Attack of the Clones - not as bad as it has been given credit for. The Yoda fight scene was classic
3. Return of the Sith - I actually really liked this one
4. Rogue One
5. New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. Return of the Jedi

There was also the cartoon movie (that sucked ass) between 2 and 3 called the Clone Wars.

There was only one Star Wars movie.....the rest were silly. Now with Rogue One we have two movies based in the Star Wars universe.

Forum List

Back