Robocops..the new police

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
How would you like a job where everything you say and do is recorded and your decisions are perpetually second guessed by morons?

How would you like a job where everything you say and do is recorded and your decisions are perpetually second guessed by morons?
Well I guess if you do not think you have the integrity to not beat and murder people in the course of your workday you should find something else to do.

Well I guess if you do not think you have the integrity to not beat and murder people in the course of your workday you should find something else to do.
Are you assuming they're guilty until proven innocent, just wondering?

Store clerks, bank tellers and everyone that handles money has long-ago had to come to terms with the fact that they are on camera at all times, why not the people we trust to enforce our laws? That trust has been shaken lately and body cameras and the clear right to record police interactions is the only way to get that trust back. If that means that bullies and psychos can no longer be cops then so much the better.

You're offering to pay me to post here?

How much? :eusa_think:

You're offering to pay me to post here?

How much? :eusa_think:
Well, not much, far less than minimum wage in fact...:laugh:

Actually, I appreciate you keeping me on my toes and if you realized our actual effect is nil, we would have a lot more fun.

Ya sign your name ... ya play the game ..... besides, it's not forced employment.......... and, everyone employed has to follow certain rules ..................in addition, it shouldn't take rules, camera, or anything else to get people to exercise common sense, courtesy, respect, and consideration for others. EXAMPLE: It doesn't take six cops to handcuff, throw someone to the ground, beat and kick them, just to arrest them. It doesn't take shooting and killing a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun in a public park, to investigate a complaint call. No one forces a cop to rape, steal, lie under oath, cover for bad cops, take bribes from drug dealers and pimps, plant evidence, nor to write BS quota tickets. Cops do those things on their own. There's no call for a cop to shoot and kill a 92 year old woman just because they have the wrong address. There's no call for a cop to dump someone on the ground by turning over the wheel chair they're sitting in. There's no call for a cop to take someone's cell phone and smash it just because they don't like citizens taking pictures of their activities. There's absolutely no call for police brutality on an old homeless man sitting on a public sidewalk.

Cops have brought this on themselves. Whatever new rules, restrictions, or other means of accountability placed on cops, they have no one to blame except themselves. If cops want respect, they need to give it. If cops have a problem with body cameras, they should've thought about it before they conducted themselves in an animalistic and barbaric uncivil inhumane manner. All the stories, videos, and eye witness accounts are not fabrications, lies, nor meant to do anything other than to expose what takes place on our streets every single day of the year somewhere in this country. I hope cops are finally held accountable for their actions, and are forced to obey the same laws that you and I have to obey. Maybe body cameras will help make cops public servants instead of judge, jury, and prosecution.

We need cops, we need law enforcement, and we need law and order. But, we do not need cops that abuse their power and authority.

Store clerks, bank tellers and everyone that handles money has long-ago had to come to terms with the fact that they are on camera at all times, why not the people we trust to enforce our laws? That trust has been shaken lately and body cameras and the clear right to record police interactions is the only way to get that trust back. If that means that bullies and psychos can no longer be cops then so much the better.
So you feel the checks and balances within the system now are inherently inadequate and police should be more machined than human.

I agree that there are bad cops, there must be..The fact that these problems exist in Democratic Party inner city strongholds is suspect for me also...

So you feel the checks and balances within the system now are inherently inadequate and police should be more machined than human.

I agree that there are bad cops, there must be..
The checks and balances are inadequate, police officers who are human and do their jobs with a sense of humanity are not the problem and should not have a single problem doing their jobs with body cameras. The police conduct surveillance to catch criminals but balk at surveiling the criminals in their ranks. Nothing but good things can come of making it harder for criminal, abusive cops to use their badge as a cover for criminality and sadism.

Ya sign your name ... ya play the game ..... besides, it's not forced employment.......... and, everyone employed has to follow certain rules ..................in addition, it shouldn't take rules, camera, or anything else to get people to exercise common sense, courtesy, respect, and consideration for others. EXAMPLE: It doesn't take six cops to handcuff, throw someone to the ground, beat and kick them, just to arrest them. It doesn't take shooting and killing a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun in a public park, to investigate a complaint call. No one forces a cop to rape, steal, lie under oath, cover for bad cops, take bribes from drug dealers and pimps, plant evidence, nor to write BS quota tickets. Cops do those things on their own. There's no call for a cop to shoot and kill a 92 year old woman just because they have the wrong address. There's no call for a cop to dump someone on the ground by turning over the wheel chair they're sitting in. There's no call for a cop to take someone's cell phone and smash it just because they don't like citizens taking pictures of their activities. There's absolutely no call for police brutality on an old homeless man sitting on a public sidewalk.

Cops have brought this on themselves. Whatever new rules, restrictions, or other means of accountability placed on cops, they have no one to blame except themselves. If cops want respect, they need to give it. If cops have a problem with body cameras, they should've thought about it before they conducted themselves in an animalistic and barbaric uncivil inhumane manner. All the stories, videos, and eye witness accounts are not fabrications, lies, nor meant to do anything other than to expose what takes place on our streets every single day of the year somewhere in this country. I hope cops are finally held accountable for their actions, and are forced to obey the same laws that you and I have to obey. Maybe body cameras will help make cops public servants instead of judge, jury, and prosecution.

We need cops, we need law enforcement, and we need law and order. But, we do not need cops that abuse their power and authority.
If there was full employment, good housing, adequate education and opportunity for inner city residents this problem would hardly exist in my humble opinion. I believe the problem is more with governance than the police overall. The police are the popular scapegoats of the time.

The checks and balances are inadequate, police officers who are human and do their jobs with a sense of humanity are not the problem and should not have a single problem doing their jobs with body cameras. The police conduct surveillance to catch criminals but balk at surveiling the criminals in their ranks. Nothing but good things can come of making it harder for criminal, abusive cops to use their badge as a cover for criminality and sadism.
Well okay then.

I wouldn't want to be a cop either way, when many members of the community are programmed to hate and mistrust me no matter what I do, it just wouldn't be rewarding in anyway. I guess I just feel pity for the people that do our dirty work even though they made the choice.

Well okay then.

I wouldn't want to be a cop either way, when many members of the community are programmed to hate and mistrust me no matter what I do, it just wouldn't be rewarding in anyway. I guess I just feel pity for the people that do our dirty work even though they made the choice.
The growing negative perception of the police did not just come out of nowhere and it is not the product of negative programming, it is mostly the product of nearly every citizen having a camera. What used to be ignored because the courts took the police officers word over anyone is now undeniable. Cameras have brought out the bad for everyone to see and only cameras and accountability can repair that. I have no doubt that being a cop sucks balls and I would not want to be one either but it's not because I could not stand the scrutiny, treating people fairly and with decency comes pretty natural to me.

Last edited:

Well okay then.

The growing negative perception of the police did just come out of nowhere and it is not the product of negative programming, it is mostly the product of nearly every citizen having a camera. What used to be ignored because the courts took the police officers word over anyone is now undeniable. Cameras have brought out the bad for everyone to see and only cameras and accountability can repair that. I have no doubt that being a cop sucks balls and I would not want to be one either but it's not because I could not stand the scrutiny, treating people fairly and with decency comes pretty natural to me.

There are riots, looting, damage to private and public property, race baiting, beatings, drug sales and such. .. then there's the cost of such lawlessness. I'm more concerned with that and solving the essence of the problem than some illusive number of cops that should have been weeded out in the first place.

Well okay then.

The growing negative perception of the police did just come out of nowhere and it is not the product of negative programming, it is mostly the product of nearly every citizen having a camera. What used to be ignored because the courts took the police officers word over anyone is now undeniable. Cameras have brought out the bad for everyone to see and only cameras and accountability can repair that. I have no doubt that being a cop sucks balls and I would not want to be one either but it's not because I could not stand the scrutiny, treating people fairly and with decency comes pretty natural to me.

There are riots, looting, damage to private and public property, race baiting, beatings, drug sales and such. .. then there's the cost of such lawlessness. I'm more concerned with that and solving the essence of the problem than some illusive number of cops that should have been weeded out in the first place.
Not going to get that by brute force and ignoring the root causes of discontent, that stuff just makes it worse as many law-and-order types have found to their dismay.

Well okay then.

Not going to get that by brute force and ignoring the root causes of discontent, that stuff just makes it worse as many law-and-order types have found to their dismay.
Cops have no control over the root causes, they are also the victims., It seems to me the politicians in power, community leaders and parents have the most direct responsibility. People who want to avoid responsibility and deny root causes need cops as scapegoats.

I like the new ACLU app. When used it uploads your cop video to their server in real time so even if the cops grab your phone the ACLU still has the video. Smart.

Well okay then.

Cops have no control over the root causes, they are also the victims., It seems to me the politicians in power, community leaders and parents have the most direct responsibility. People who want to avoid responsibility and deny root causes need cops as scapegoats.
OK that makes little sense if the main concern is the behavior of the police. You are focusing on just the aftermath and those people you mentioned do have a responsibility to help restore calm but we need a dialog about how we approach law enforcement in this country. This dialog can take place in good faith in our courts and state houses or it can occur in the streets if it continues to be ignored and almost entirely blamed on those people.

Well okay then.

OK that makes little sense if the main concern is the behavior of the police. You are focusing on just the aftermath and those people you mentioned do have a responsibility to help restore calm but we need a dialog about how we approach law enforcement in this country. This dialog can take place in good faith in our courts and state houses or it can occur in the streets if it continues to be ignored and almost entirely blamed on those people.
I already stated that my concerns are for the root causes and to exclusively scapegoat those cops is myopic at best. ..and yes, I'm white and law abiding..well, mostly.

If there was full employment, good housing, adequate education and opportunity for inner city residents this problem would hardly exist in my humble opinion. I believe the problem is more with governance than the police overall. The police are the popular scapegoats of the time.
Scapegoats???? How so ?? ... Are you trying to say that the videos, stories, and eye witness accounts are fabricated, lies, and that cops aren't really murdering unarmed citizens, practicing brutality, and other offenses?

Forum List

Back